Twirling Pinwheels

Poochie

Hello Crochetville!

My cousin is having a baby shower......really soon. April 9th I believe. I've been searching and searching for an afghan to make her and I found the PERFECT one in a magazine at Michaels!!

It's from the book "Our Best Baby Afghans" by Leisure Arts and it's called "Twirling Pinwheels".

I'm using Bernat Baby Sport in baby blue - yes, she's having a boy!

I'd love to have some company if anyone has this pattern, or is working on it already......(hey...you never know!).....

Here is a picture of the blanket and a picture of one of my made motifs....2 down.....50 to go!!

post-5190-135897639048_thumb.jpg

post-5190-135897639053_thumb.jpg

Oh pretty, I think I have that pattern in a thread book, if I can find it I will join, I need to make a baby boy gift also and have some blue caron simply soft yarn. Now off to look for the pattern.

The spiral pinwheel design can be found in a bunch of different places. Most crochet encyclopedia and reference books have their own versions of it too.

The only thing different between the shawl and the baby ghan is how you sew the blocks together when the motifs are done - not a whole lot of creativity needed.

Yes, she cited one place to find the pattern. That is a very common and popular motif.

As RoseRed said, this is very common, about as unusual as a granny square. But it's common because it's beautiful!

Here's a free pattern. Yes, it's a doily, but it's the same pattern: just make the center as big as you want and stop; you are just adding a stitch in each petal each row, very easy.

http://library.ndsu.edu/grhc/history_culture/textile/christinaknapp.html

Or here

http://www.kaleidesigns.com/crochet/patterns/archive/coas008.html

• 1 month later...
Hello Crochetville!

My cousin is having a baby shower......really soon. April 9th I believe. I've been searching and searching for an afghan to make her and I found the PERFECT one in a magazine at Michaels!!

It's from the book "Our Best Baby Afghans" by Leisure Arts and it's called "Twirling Pinwheels".

I'm using Bernat Baby Sport in baby blue - yes, she's having a boy!

I'd love to have some company if anyone has this pattern, or is working on it already......(hey...you never know!).....

Here is a picture of the blanket and a picture of one of my made motifs....2 down.....50 to go!!

I am trying to make this blanket, too. . . unfortunately, I seem to be having trouble. I am getting confused on the part where it says to join, but not join?? :think Any tips?

Archived