Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi ladies

A little slow on the uptake today . I had some errands to get done this morning ,then Cam alled while I was shopping asking me to come pick him up,so he has been here with me since .

we have played Chuck it Chicken roughly 17 times ,then I also found Cam an old board game from Goodwill, all pieces included and never even played --called Vampire Hunter . He LOVES scarey stuff,so we played Vampire Hunter after the chicken game ...

Now we are watching Scooby Doo ..

I think we may try grilling out if the weather stays nice for awhile longer. It has been sunny today ,and fairly warm.

Not much else new to report on this end .

Will check in later to see how todays meetup morning went . ( If I am right,maybe that was next week, but I think it was today .

Hope all of you are doing well .

I saw on one of the other areas that Toni is ok -- her area was affected by all the storms,and she has no power currently ,but is physically ok . I dont know the lady who posted it,but I think it was maybe in the tote-bag area possibly ?

Will check in later --

Hey there Julie, we were posting at the same time :lol Well, I ended up on the phone with my parents, so my screen ended up open for a few minutes before I started to type :shrug

Glad you're having fun wtih Cam and that he likes the games :yes

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, there everyone. I took four boxes off to ship out, went to the bank, had lunch and went to the local quilt fabric store. They are having a grand opening sale as they have just opened their second space in the same shopping center which doubles their total space and gives them a classroom, too. I got a total of 15 yards of mostly oriental fabrics for an average of $5.22/yard. Since most of it is usually $9-$12/yard, I am really pleased with myself. :D I decided it was time to treat myself for keeping my nose to the grindstone on the sorting and clearing out of stuff downstairs. :devil

Dusti- Love the hat- such a nice vibrant pink!! And the pinafore and little sandals--adorable!! Your work is so nice:manyheart!!!! I'll bet you are happy to have DH coming home!!! Seems to me like yesterday he had left on his trip- I'm sure to you it seems like years!

Thank you. DH was gone for three weeks, but it, honestly, it passed pretty quickly. I just am not used to making so many trips into town each day :drive. Usually, he drives the girls to school in the morning, and then I pick them up at the end of the day, but as I was the only chauffeur, my car is due for another oil change after this month :lol At 100 miles/day...it does not take too long. It remains to be seen whether DH flies to Japan next month. Now, at least, I know the girls and I will be just fine on our own :yes

Dusti,

Very cute little hat- I bet all the girls will want one. It looks very in style !

Love the little baby dress and shoes

Thank you. How did you guess? Kyri wants another hat from the same pattern, and one of Annika's classmates came up to me at the end of the day (yesterday) and made a point of telling me that her birthday is in June, and what her favorite color was. *hint, hint,* I think :rofl

The book that I bought has 16 patterns for crocheted socks. I DON'T knit. I've given it a couple tries and I just don't get along with those pointy sticks. It's only because I stumbled upon these patterns that I decided to give homemade socks a whirl.

Oh, I have the same thought -- me and two pointy sticks are a dangerous combination. There are so many patterns to try and things that I like to make with my crochet hook, I am going to stick with this hobby :hook I cannot wait to hear what you think of your handmade socks :cheer

Dusti, Love the hat! Maya would like it to. The pinafore and sandals are adorable! I bet you and the girls are excited to have DH coming home tomorrow. My DH and I talk a couple of times a day but I still miss him. It's funny he isn't sleeping well at all. And I have no trouble sleeping. It use to be the other way around.

Thanks. If you are so inclined, the hat was based on the Cheri Hat pattern found here. I worked from measurements for Annika's head, and made it deep enough to cover her ears, but the rest was the same.

It is hard being away from DH. We only talk every-other day, as he does not have a cell phone, and my plan has such a limited number of minutes for long distance, but we make the most of our calls on the nights we do get to touch-base. He does not sleep well, but, like you, I did not have any trouble this month -- I have been exhausted, so I fall asleep as soon as I even see my pillow at night :lol Hopefully, we will all get back-on-track this weekend. Didn't you say that you are going home to your house this week, too? Your DH will be glad.

Aww... thanks sweetie!

I am doing some cleaning up of the pattern and will let you know when its done! :hook

Family is doing well. Hubby goes for his last round of chemo next week.

Michael is still in remission and doing good.

My mom is almost fully recovered from her surgery!

What a great report from your house. :cheer to your Hubby for this last round of Chemo. What a relief that you and Michael were able to ward off a relapse. That must have been some feat, what with the fevers and other germs going around. Good job, Momma :hugAnd, I am glad to hear that your mother is speedily recovering. It's amazing to hear how fast she came through after her surgery.

Oh, DO keep us posted on those tote patterns :yes I am going to keep my eyes peeled, because you do such beautiful work. :crocheting

Marisa ~ Yaaay, for a fun shopping outing and a dinner that you did not have to cook. :yay Your purses sound so fun. Which one did you decide to carry with you, today? Decisions, decisions...

Good morning housemates. It's sunny out today. I'm off to the bank and Post Office in a little bit. I've got 4 boxes of stuff to send off to various people.

I missed Photo Friday, so guess it's Photo Saturday for me. The RR still needs it tails hidden, but is otherwise done. And this is the latest of the prayer shawls, which will be on its way to its new owner in a little bit. The Celtic Knot symbolizes friendship and the interconnectedness of people.

[ATTACH]38707[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38708[/ATTACH]

Your hook has been busy, despite all of your Spring housecleaning. Lovely work, Linda :crocheting. Not sure when you find the time... It sounds as though quite a few people are going to be blessed with your thoughtfulness, as you mentioned having a number of boxes to mail out, yesterday. Fun. Enjoy the time that you have to yourself this weekend :hug

:2rainhas been the story of our whole day. We woke up to big drops being driven against the front windows, and the clouds never really let up throughout the morning. Annika is antsy to go out and stomp in the puddles in the driveway :lol Once Kyri wakes up from her nap, I guess there is no real reason they cannot go out and play, but it sure does not appeal to me. Kids :P

The baby blanket that I started for Annika's teacher is slowly coming along. I have a month before school lets out, and at this pace, with the thin, baby yarn, it may just take me that long. I am using TLC Baby in Lovey -- variegated blue, mint green, white and aqua. It is pretty.

In fact, I think I am going to go and work a few rows before it it time to serve dinner. I have had a double batch of Southern BBQ Spaghetti Sauce simmering in the crockpot all day, so we will have some of that served with pasta and golden wheat bread this evening -- easy meal.

Talk to you all, later :manyheart

Marisa ~ Yaaay, for a fun shopping outing and a dinner that you did not have to cook. :yay Your purses sound so fun. Which one did you decide to carry with you, today? Decisions, decisions...

In fact, I think I am going to go and work a few rows before it it time to serve dinner. I have had a double batch of Southern BBQ Spaghetti Sauce simmering in the crockpot all day, so we will have some of that served with pasta and golden wheat bread this evening -- easy meal.

Talk to you all, later :manyheart

Well Dusti, if you must know.....I carried yours with me today :manyheart

Dinner sounds wonderful :drool I wonder if I could make it in time :think

Julie & Marisa ~ Thanks for passing along the information about Toni. I will be keeping her and her daughter in my prayers. If you hear there is anything we can do to help them, will you share that, too? Thanks.

Hi ladies

we have played Chuck it Chicken roughly 17 times ,then I also found Cam an old board game from Goodwill, all pieces included and never even played --called Vampire Hunter . He LOVES scarey stuff,so we played Vampire Hunter after the chicken game ...

Now we are watching Scooby Doo ..

About 17 times on the Chicken game, huh? Must be a goodie :rofl If you get to grill out for dinner, tonight, have a burger for me, okay? Our grill has been in hibernation since October...

Good afternoon ladies :hi

In the tote thread, someone heard from Toni and said she is okay, but still without power and there is alot of devastation so they can all use prayers. Just wanted to pass on that info.

Looks like I'm the first one back from our meet up, which was great :D I just love sitting and chatting with you ladies and Phyllis is a sweetheart. I started a stashbuster tote while we were together. I stopped for groceries on the way home, so now I don't have to do that tomorrow :clap

I heard from my mom today and it looks like we'll be going upstate New York for the Cayuga wine tour next weekend :clap:lol They really enjoyed themselves when we took them last year. I'm excited.

Um what else..... oh, I took pics of the pocketbooks I bought at boscov's last night, so here they are..........

Looooove that second purse you picked up, Marisa. Very nice :yes

How fun that your parents enjoyed the Wine Tour last year, and that you are all going again this year.

Hi, there everyone. I took four boxes off to ship out, went to the bank, had lunch and went to the local quilt fabric store. They are having a grand opening sale as they have just opened their second space in the same shopping center which doubles their total space and gives them a classroom, too. I got a total of 15 yards of mostly oriental fabrics for an average of $5.22/yard. Since most of it is usually $9-$12/yard, I am really pleased with myself. :D I decided it was time to treat myself for keeping my nose to the grindstone on the sorting and clearing out of stuff downstairs. :devil

Great buys, Linda. You DID deserve some treats for all of your recent cleaning and hard work. Sounds like a fun store in which to hang out and browse. Glad you had a chance to check it out while the super-sale was going on.

Good morning housemates. It's sunny out today. I'm off to the bank and Post Office in a little bit. I've got 4 boxes of stuff to send off to various people.

I missed Photo Friday, so guess it's Photo Saturday for me. The RR still needs it tails hidden, but is otherwise done. And this is the latest of the prayer shawls, which will be on its way to its new owner in a little bit. The Celtic Knot symbolizes friendship and the interconnectedness of people.

Beautiful work!!! The RR colors blend so beautifully, too:clap

Well I'm not going to have a chance to get up there this weekend I don't think. I did find pictures of them from last year. heres a link to our valleys blog and her flowers

http://woodlandvalleyview.blogspot.com/search/label/Flowers

Beautiful flowers!!!!:c9

In the tote thread, someone heard from Toni and said she is okay, but still without power and there is alot of devastation so they can all use prayers. Just wanted to pass on that info.

Looks like I'm the first one back from our meet up, which was great :D I just love sitting and chatting with you ladies and Phyllis is a sweetheart. I started a stashbuster tote while we were together. I stopped for groceries on the way home, so now I don't have to do that tomorrow :clap

Um what else..... oh, I took pics of the pocketbooks I bought at boscov's last night, so here they are..........

Really cute bags!! And the bag Dusti gave you was truly wonderful! It looked store bought!

And Phyllis really enjoyed meeting everyone...it's amazing the way crocheting draws people together...

I'm so glad you did that for yourself!:yes

Well Dusti, if you must know.....I carried yours with me today :manyheart

Awwwww, aren't you sweet?!? Thank you.

And, you are more than welcome to come for dinner. I'll even send home leftovers to make your roadtrip worthwhile ;)

Hey ladies, I have a question?

I wanted to by the 'proud owner' of dusti's bag so I asked her what I call it :think She gave me the pattern info and we agreed about giving credit to the pattern creator as well. I was just wondering if what I put in my signature line is 'proper etiquette' for this?

I wanted to by the 'proud owner' of dusti's bag so I asked her what I call it :think She gave me the pattern info and we agreed about giving credit to the pattern creator as well. I was just wondering if what I put in my signature line is 'proper etiquette' for this?

I'm not absolutely sure....but I think it looks good.

Off for the night - all is right in my little world: a wonderful crochet meetup this AM and a Yankee win this afternoon!

Hugs all around...and Cindy, thoughts and prayers for you and Mom....

Good luck with the next round of chemo.

Linda They are all beautiful! Love the RR of course, but the Celtic Knot and what it symbolizes is very special!!!

Well I'm not going to have a chance to get up there this weekend I don't think. I did find pictures of them from last year. heres a link to our valleys blog and her flowers

http://woodlandvalleyview.blogspot.com/search/label/Flowers

I did a little gardening. Dug up some strawberries for the library fair and some forget me nots. swung the gate closed and got a sharp pain in my shoulder. Same shoulder hurt yesterday afternoon, so rest for the arm now. How aggravating. It stinks not being 20 anymore :rofl

I do have more plans for the shovel and donations to the library tho.:yes

Warblers tend to stay in woodsy brushy areas. Grosbeaks love black oil sunflower on a platform feeder. I'd have to double check their ranges to see if they're common in your area.

Nice work!

Now back out into the sun for me!

I would crochet, but I forgot all about getting a certain color yarn for my kitchen swap buddy while out shopping earlier. Grrr. At over $4 a gallon for gas its going to have to wait. did I mention grrrr!

I think you said GRRRRRR!!!! How frustrating!!!! I hope your shoulder starts to feel better:hug

In the tote thread, someone heard from Toni and said she is okay, but still without power and there is alot of devastation so they can all use prayers. Just wanted to pass on that info. I am so relieved- she has been on my mind so much- it has really been bothering me that I had no way to reach out to see if she was ok. This is the best news I heard all day!!! I will continue to pray for her and all those affected by the devastation!

Looks like I'm the first one back from our meet up, which was great :D I just love sitting and chatting with you ladies and Phyllis is a sweetheart. I agree - I'm glad that she came and hope she'll come again! I started a stashbuster tote while we were together. I stopped for groceries on the way home, so now I don't have to do that tomorrow :clap

I heard from my mom today and it looks like we'll be going upstate New York for the Cayuga wine tour next weekend :clap:lol They really enjoyed themselves when we took them last year. I'm excited.:yay:yay

Love them both, Marisa! But my favorite bag is the one that Dusti made for you. DUSTI- the bag is spectcular!!!! Beautiful! Gorgeous!!!!:manyheart

You sure did deserve to treat yourself and I'm glad that you did!!!!!

Well Dusti, if you must know.....I carried yours with me today :manyheart Again, it is beautiful, gorgeous, stunning....:manyheart

Dusti's dinner does sound delicious!!

Had a great time at the meet-up this morning- And it was kind of funny that Marisa had started her first Stash Buster, I was working on my 4th and Cheeria really liked it. Judy had also made one and her friend Phyllis had a great tote that she had made!!!

Oh, and Judy's shawl that she is making out of the bamboo thread----beautiful- and the drape of it is amazing!! It's going to be gorgeous when it is done!!!

After the meet up I headed over to DD's house- she had just gotten back from an Open House that they were giving at her hospital- so she said she was tired- and did I mind if we didn't go to Rutgers Day as originally planned. I was fine with it and then went over to her MIL's house and we addressed all the invitations for the baby shower.

when I got home, my middle DD called - and she was in Matawan!! She had gone to a friend's baby shower and wanted to know if she could stop by! What a nice surprise. So she had leftover dinner with me and then we went to ACMoore because she wanted to buy some art supplies.

Who do we run into, but Cheeria in the parking lot!! She had just bought yarn for the StashBuster tote that she is now going to start!!!! She said she also had good luck on her shopping excursion this afternoon.

I missed the Yankee win today- but tomorrow is another day- I've got laundry going now and am going to go back to my Stash Buster tote! Then, really, really, I must finish the baby RR for Ryan!!

Cindy- Thinking of you and hoping Mom is ok!!

Julie- Sounds like you are going be the Grandma queen of games!!!! (I guess this is what I have to look forward to!!!) Glad he liked the Chicken game and the Vampire one!!!

Tam, Marlene, Mary1, Mary2, LeAnna, Trish and the rest of the house- hope you had a great Saturday!

Hugs to all!

Joanne - I knew you'd be grateful to hear that Toni was ok, since you expressed your concern today so I wanted to make sure that you didn't miss that post :hug

Well ladies, I have my stashbuster tote about half way done. I did my workout and showered so now I'm going to work on it a little more before I head up to bed :D Nite nite.

I heard from my mom today and it looks like we'll be going upstate New York for the Cayuga wine tour next weekend :clap:lol They really enjoyed themselves when we took them last year. I'm excited.

Cayuga is nice! Have fun!!

Pretty purses.

Good buys!

It looks good to me. Gives the maker and designer both credit.:yes

I think you said GRRRRRR!!!! How frustrating!!!! I hope your shoulder starts to feel better:hug

:hugThanks. It does for now but I havent really done anything with it yet.

Had a great time at the meet-up this morning- And it was kind of funny that Marisa had started her first Stash Buster, I was working on my 4th and Cheeria really liked it. Judy had also made one and her friend Phyllis had a great tote that she had made!!!

Oh, and Judy's shawl that she is making out of the bamboo thread----beautiful- and the drape of it is amazing!! It's going to be gorgeous when it is done!!!

After the meet up I headed over to DD's house- she had just gotten back from an Open House that they were giving at her hospital- so she said she was tired- and did I mind if we didn't go to Rutgers Day as originally planned. I was fine with it and then went over to her MIL's house and we addressed all the invitations for the baby shower.

when I got home, my middle DD called - and she was in Matawan!! She had gone to a friend's baby shower and wanted to know if she could stop by! What a nice surprise. So she had leftover dinner with me and then we went to ACMoore because she wanted to buy some art supplies.

Who do we run into, but Cheeria in the parking lot!! She had just bought yarn for the StashBuster tote that she is now going to start!!!! She said she also had good luck on her shopping excursion this afternoon.

I missed the Yankee win today- but tomorrow is another day- I've got laundry going now and am going to go back to my Stash Buster tote! Then, really, really, I must finish the baby RR for Ryan!!

Sounds like a very busy day!

Night Marisa! Night House!!!

Morning House! I'd make you a pot of coffee but I'm a tea drinker so it'd probably be the consistency of mud.:lol

It's another cool morning but supposed to warm up then rain the rest of the week. Good news is it's NOT supposed to rain saturday which is Stephanies wedding! I'm glad for her.

While outside yesterday we saw the tree swallows and the chickadees checking out our bird houses. Yay, summer tenants! I think they like the complimentary buffet with each 'rental'.:lol And I saw two hummers at the same time, so I put out a second feeder. We're still waiting on the orioles and cedar waxwings. Then its official, winters over.

JoAnne the rose breasted grosbeaks are summer visitors all over your state in summer. Yellow Warblers too but like I said you have to really look for them. When they flit through the brush across the street all you see is a flash of bright yellow. Marton thought they were goldfinch till I pointed them out.

Good morning House!!!

I've already been "up and at em" this morning - and got all my usual Saturday morning chores that didn't get done yesterday completed! :cheer So the whole day is ahead!!! :sun

I definitely have some crocheting on the agenda, and DD may be coming over to work on her last paper. She told me yesterday that she got an A+ on the 30 pg paper she did at my house a couple of weekends ago:clap:clap She only has a few more days and then she has completed another semester and is one step closer to her Master's!

BBL!

Good morning housemates :hi

Having some toast and then am going to head to the car wash where I'll spend a couple hours :lol I want to clean the turtles today too :xfin This time around they got green (the water) really quick....I did something different with the filter, which I guess didn't work :shrug AND I think they're shedding too :think

Wrennie - I love the cayuga trail, but I guess I'm partial to it because I went to school in Seneca Falls right on the lake :yes I'm soo excited because my wine stash is going down :lol You amaze me with your knowledge of birds :yay

Nothing new to report this morning.

Good morning House!!!

I've already been "up and at em" this morning - and got all my usual Saturday morning chores that didn't get done yesterday completed! :cheer So the whole day is ahead!!! :sun

I definitely have some crocheting on the agenda, and DD may be coming over to work on her last paper. She told me yesterday that she got an A+ on the 30 pg paper she did at my house a couple of weekends ago:clap:clap She only has a few more days and then she has completed another semester and is one step closer to her Master's!

BBL!

Good morning Joanne, looks like we were posting at the same time :lol Have fun with dd there today :D

Wrennie- You sure do know a lot about birds and I am finding it very interesting. I'll have to keep a look out for the rose breasted grosbeaks this summer! I guess I never really paid attention but now that I'm learning about the different birds from you, I think I will be!!

Marisa- Have fun at the carwash- and I'm sure your turtles will appreciate that you are going to clean their tank!!!

I should probably get my car washed too- it's has that lovely hint of "green" from all the recent pollen!!!

Good morning, peeps!:)

Another sunny, cool morning here in New Jersey:D

I finished a Shelly scarf last night...between working on the bamboo thread shawl. That project will take me a while, but it's worth every minute spent on it!:c9

Off I go - a Delicious Orchards run and then the flower nursery are on the agenda for this morning!

BBL!

•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨

...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

* :::::::: Good Morning :::::::::::

•..¤...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´

Poppin' in just to say :hi HEY!

Tomorrow is Patrick's birthday.......... :sigh... I cant believe he will be 15yrs old. My goodness!

We're taking him to Red Lobster for lunch today... then a movie. Tomorrow he will get his birthday gift of a Certificate to purchase a car in July. We want him to get his permit and practice first.. then we will take him car shopping. We're getting him a new iPod touch also. His was stollen this last wrestling season. Gotta love it! :angry

I just cant believe how fast they grow up.... and for him... really grow... he's 6'1" ... sheesh

Okay.. .I have some serious crocheting I need to get moving on.

you all have a GREAT day!:hug

:heart

:mug

Happy Early Birthday to Patrick!! What a lucky boy- an ipod touch AND a car!!! He must be in 7th heaven!!!!

Made my run to Trader Joe's and stocked up on veggies and fruit (and of course coffee) and a few other things! When I came home I decided to finally tackle re-potting my house plants that have all outgrown their current containers- and I had picked up some cute new planters at Christmas Tree Shops a few weeks ago.

DD should be here shortly and while she works on her paper, I'll be working on my crocheting- a perfect Sunday afternoon!!!

BBL

Yay! It's been a crazy few days, but I can finally catch up with you all and say Good Morning! :manyheart I was so glad to read that Toni is okay. I hope she's able to check in soon.

Julie ~ I'm so sorry you were in the hospital again. :hug Are the new meds working any better? Can't wait to see your quilt!

Meet-up Ladies :D ~ So glad you all got together again! How fun it must be to see eachother and WIPs in person!

Cindy ~ How is your Mom? I tried to read through all posts, but I may have missed some news. :hug

Tam ~ Your totes are lovely! I love the one on the left that you designed. :clap That is such good news that your family is doing well. :)

Joanne ~ Beautiful tote and babyghan! The babyghan looks so soft and cuddly. :c9

Faile ~ Way to go on making socks. I tried knitting years ago - classes and everything...just too frustrating for me. :lol

Hi Trish!

Hello House...it is a sad post today...my brother in law Richard passed away this morning around 8:00 a.m. Central Time. We are glad he didn't linger long, but of course sad that he left at all. Hub-E will come home next Saturday.

I need to get ready for church, but I'm...well...not sure what I am...maybe a little in shock...

Hug those loved ones of yours that are close by...call those that aren't...

Oops - I'm on DH's laptop and not used to his keyboard. :lol

Linda ~ Wow! You definitely deserve some retail therapy. :yes How fun to have a big credit at the bookstore. As always, your work is wonderful. The colors in the RR are gorgeous and the shawl is so very pretty! :clap

Dusti ~ Three weeks is such a long time! I hope your DH is home safely. Annika's hat is so cute! The baby things are just adorable. :c9 It sounds like you may have a waiting list for those hats. :)

Wrennie ~ I hope your shoulder is much better. :hug I seem to be feeling my age lately with more aches and pains. ;) We love watching and feeding the birds, too. We know for sure we have a Cardinals' nest in our Red Oak and we have Robins everywhere!

Marisa ~ Love the purses! Have a good Sunday!

And a big HI to anyone I've missed! :manyheart

Judy ~ Congratulations on finishing the scarf and can't wait to see the first shawl picture! Have fun at the nursery!

The garage sale was a success.:cheer We only had a few things left and donated them to our local animal rescue group for their rummage sale next week. It feels so good to have the attic cleaned out except for Holiday things and some of DD's childhood toys, etc. DD and Luke were here both days and he napped in his pack-n-play and entertained us at the sale. :lol Now I have to catch up on laundry, mail, etc. :yes

Archived