Our House Part Two

JulieKay

TAM------Since you are so creative!!! WHen you have a minute would you please please please make me a cutsy lil flower fancy for my signature-----PLEASE!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-18634-135897669131_thumb.gif

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning House¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Just poppin' in to say :hi HI

Hope you all are having a great morning so far!!!!

Yesteday was a day filled with baseball.. today is going to be another! :D love it!

:heart

:mug

Hey Jude

What are you making the charity ghan for ,is it for a baby or adult,and what all colors do you plan for it ?

Linda

Great -July 15th gives you some breathing room yet to get your quilt completed . Sounds like you are well on the way to having it done .

What are the Uglee Dolls for ? They look like some of the cartoon characters Casm used ot watch --some guy called Wubzie I think .

Hi Miss Kiyo

You are keeping them hands busy constantly with all the items needed . Good for you,for making so many things to give others to help them out .

What is Aree doing with her summer off ?

Hi Trish

How are you recovering from surgery ? Sounds like you had a crappy day when the nausea hit. I cannot STAND that feeling -- really awful .

Sounds like your birthday was good and you enjoyed yourself.

Did you have CAKE ?

Hi Tam

Yep, this is probably a busy time of year for you with all the baseball games to attend,but you have your boys into sports probably all year long.Not sure when they have wrestling , but I know when football and baseball are . You are probably pretty good at being in the stands and crocheting at the same time --- you got lots of practice .

Hi gang

Since it has been a REALLY long time since I posted a questionnaire, I thought maybe it was time to shoot one your way again. This will be all craft-related questions .

1-All time favorite yarn , if cost was not an option ?

2-Favorite hook size ?

3- How many hooks would you say you have,and do you have any really old or unusual ones ?

4-What is the last THREAD item you made ?

5- If you had a whole day off and had nothing else needing done, how many dishcloths could you complete in one day's time ?

6- What stitch do you still have trouble mastering, or you just plain don't like to use it ?

7-What is the fastest time it took you to complete an afghan ?

8 - What color of yarn will you NEVER use again ??

9- Can you remember the cost of yarn when you first started buying it ,compared to now ?

10-Have you ever done latch hook kits ,and if so,what did you make ( picture on it )

11- Did you ever do paint by numbers ?

12- Do you know how to do crewel ?

13 -For those who are really good at knitting AND crochet,which do you prefer doing ?

14 -What would you say is the color of yarn you used MOST ever ?

15- Have you ever designed your own pattern,and if so,what was it ?

*~Julie~* Aree is keeping waaaaaay busy!!! During the day she goes to Boy's and Girls club and then her Dad picks her up- the I grab her at 500 then we go to softball practice- and every other weekend she plays in tournaments out of town that are usuallyall day fridays and sats! Sooooo I work sat morn and my Mom meets me at the field with her so that I don't have to drag her out so early! And on the off days, she's playing of course for the little amount of time between getting off work and night time falling!

Hi Joanne

Great to see you too . Hope they get your AIR fixed today. The opposite always used to happen here -- the first bad cold weather we got, the furnace would break. It wasnt SUPER old,but didnt ever work well,so we ended up having to buy a new one a couple years ago .

What's the update on the new grandbaby ? I think it was due in the summertime, am I right ? Hope I didnt miss the announcement !

Hey Julie,

The kicker is that we just replaced the furnace and central air on June 1st!!! The original central air wasn't working- and wasn't worth fixing. So, I'm just a tad annoyed that 3 weeks later it is making a very loud noise when it is on. Kind of a buzzing- hard to explain-but whatever sound it is making IS NOT NORMAL for a brand new unit!!!

No, you didn't miss the announcement!!! Due date is Aug 3- we had the baby shower aka babyque (barbeque for guys and gals) on the 12th- it rained part of the time, but we had tents and all had a good time!! She's feeling good- last day of work is the 1st! My stepdaughter did have her baby 2 wks ago- and he was a month early!! He was 5 lbs 11 oz and is doing great!!! Wish she lived closer so we could visit!

Hey Kiyo

Yep, it sounds like Aree has full days to keep her busy . Glad she gets to do some things she enjoys,and you did say that she was good at baseball,so I bet she is having a great summer .

Joanne

Good to hear one of the grandbabes has come,and I know what you mean about living far away !

Your girl's turn will be a few more weeks away,then you can do some big time grandparenting ! Did she get all she needed at the shower ?

Hi gang

Since it has been a REALLY long time since I posted a questionnaire, I thought maybe it was time to shoot one your way again. This will be all craft-related questions . I didn't realize how much I missed these little questionnaires!!!

1-All time favorite yarn , if cost was not an option ? Haven't used any expensive yarns so it'd be hard to say, but I'd be interested in hearing what favorites others have!!

2-Favorite hook size ? H or I (toss up)

3- How many hooks would you say you have,and do you have any really old or unusual ones ? I have lots of stainless steel hooks from my Grandma and an ivory hook from her. (I think it's ivory). I have F, G, 2H's, 2 I's, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q (Susan Bates Bamboo handle) and a whole set of Boye

4-What is the last THREAD item you made ? My attempt at a snowflake

5- If you had a whole day off and had nothing else needing done, how many dishcloths could you complete in one day's time ? Maybe 4?? Honestly don't know!

6- What stitch do you still have trouble mastering, or you just plain don't like to use it ? Triple crochet

7-What is the fastest time it took you to complete an afghan ? :thinkA week???

8 - What color of yarn will you NEVER use again ?? Can't say that there is a color I would never use again. I guess I haven't come across a color I didn't like!

9- Can you remember the cost of yarn when you first started buying it ,compared to now ? I only started buying it about 2 years ago and RHSS cost 1.79 at ACMoore, Vanna's and CAron went on sale for 2/4 I think, now they are 2/5 on sale or 2/6 on sale.

10-Have you ever done latch hook kits ,and if so,what did you make ( picture on it ) When my DD's were younger I made a few latch hook kits- Care Bears were on them.

11- Did you ever do paint by numbers ? As a youth

12- Do you know how to do crewel ? No

13 -For those who are really good at knitting AND crochet,which do you prefer doing ? Not applicable- I don't knit:lol

14 -What would you say is the color of yarn you used MOST ever ? Blues

No

Hey Kiyo

Yep, it sounds like Aree has full days to keep her busy . Glad she gets to do some things she enjoys,and you did say that she was good at baseball,so I bet she is having a great summer .

Joanne

Good to hear one of the grandbabes has come,and I know what you mean about living far away !

Your girl's turn will be a few more weeks away,then you can do some big time grandparenting ! Did she get all she needed at the shower ?

She got most that she needed and some gift certificates which she used to buy some missing items. Then her friends at the hospital- both in the ER and OR gave her a shower the other day and she got lots more things. Ryan's room is all set up - blue walls and blue/brown accessories- theme is puppies- there's even a picture hung up in the room of her, hubby and their dog Belle! The bookshelf is full of all the books that everyone brought to the shower (with a handwritten message to Ryan in them). So happy that she is going to be reading to him all the time--actually she said she started to reading to him already- one of her favorite books was Winnie the Pooh so she's been reading that!:)

Oh and the blue/brown ripple blanket I made matches the room colors perfectly!!!

Linda- glad to hear that the dental appt for Kim went well. have you started any work on the rocking chair yet?

Judy- Hope each day finds you feeling more comfortable with the shingles and they make their departure soon!!! Ah, the dreaded laundromat- I have DH's flannelghan that I need to take to the laundromat- probably one day on vacation next week.

Kiyo- Good to hear from you girl!! You are surely very busy so I'm sure it's hard to pop in!

Trish- Belated Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy the peace and quiet- I love when DH is away and I have the place to myself- it's wonderful- but it's also nice when he returns too!

Hey Jude

What are you making the charity ghan for ,is it for a baby or adult,and what all colors do you plan for it ?

It's a red/white/blue ghan for the Operation Purple Heart section of Heartmade Blessings group. They're all given to a family member of a soldier killed during these wars.

The one I'm about to start is going to the family of a soldier killed in action this week. They live in Toms River here in NJ. My friend Phyllis has been doing this for a long time - and we both hope that one day there won't be any need....

Hi gang

Since it has been a REALLY long time since I posted a questionnaire, I thought maybe it was time to shoot one your way again. This will be all craft-related questions .

1-All time favorite yarn , if cost was not an option ?Bamboo

2-Favorite hook size ? H most of the time

3- How many hooks would you say you have,and do you have any really old or unusual ones ? Too many to count! I do have a few handmade wooden ones that were gifted to me. Except for the Q hook I won on auction.

4-What is the last THREAD item you made ? My shawl:c9

5- If you had a whole day off and had nothing else needing done, how many dishcloths could you complete in one day's time ?Not too many - I wuld get bored just making dishcloths:lol

6- What stitch do you still have trouble mastering, or you just plain don't like to use it ?Afghan stitch

7-What is the fastest time it took you to complete an afghan ? A week:think

8 - What color of yarn will you NEVER use again ??Icky green - if I can help it

9- Can you remember the cost of yarn when you first started buying it ,compared to now ? Less than a dollar

10-Have you ever done latch hook kits ,and if so,what did you make ( picture on it )Never

11- Did you ever do paint by numbers ? Yup

12- Do you know how to do crewel ? Yup

13 -For those who are really good at knitting AND crochet,which do you prefer doing ?

14 -What would you say is the color of yarn you used MOST ever ?Reds and burgundys

An 8 inch square

Judy- Hope each day finds you feeling more comfortable with the shingles and they make their departure soon!!! Ah, the dreaded laundromat- I have DH's flannelghan that I need to take to the laundromat- probably one day on vacation next week.

The pain meds are more tolerable now....so that makes it easier.

And my gahn was soooo dirty! It' looks brand new!

Julie, love, love, love your way of telling stories, re: furnaces :rofl, sorry but it was funny description of your eyebrows. Have I told you how good it is to see you posting again? Well, it is!

Kiyo, good to see you! Yes, my eyes are doing great. It's so good to see again and I am so blessed. Driving again is the best of all!

Trish, the time with the kids and grands sound like fun. Sounds like your dd shared her virus with you. They have habit of doing that.

Marisa, Mary is lucky to have you help her understand her math. I didn't like math and only took what I had to. When I went to school, in the dark ages, they didn't require algebra, thank goodness, and I didn't volunteer to take it either :rofl

Judy, glad the pain meds are making the shingles bearable.

Hugs to all!

Uglee Dolls for kids in Joplin This is the link to the site that's organizing all the Uglee Dolls.

Good Morning! It's been a crazy busy week and I think I can finally settle down a bit and hopefully catch up on all I've missed.:blush

Sunday we went to the ocean for Father's Day, it was a beautiful day and very relaxing. Like some of you, it is a difficult day for me, as I lost my dad a couple of years ago and I miss him horribly:( Eneded up taking dd16 to the E.R. later that night. She ended up just having a virus but was in a lot of pain.

BF left for his yearly golf trip Monday morning-usually they go to Arizona but decided to switch it up this time and went to Palm Springs instead. Here I am complaining that it's been in the 90's and they are golfing in 110+ weather:eek! He'll be back Saturday, so I have a couple more days of quiet!:lol

Tuesday was my birthday and had a fabulous time with my kids and grandbabies. They all came over during the afternoon and spent most of the day swimming and just hanging out. It is rare that I can get them all together at the same time. A few of us went to the Town Green and watched a movie-during the summer, on Tuesday nights they have a family movie night and Thursday they have a farmer's market and concert. It's a really nice place to live!

:birthday:cake :cake :partyHappy Birthday, Trish! :party:cake:birthday

Yesterday I woke with extreme nausea and spent most of the day sleeping-oh well at least I didn't get sick.

Have to pick up dd laptop today-the hard drive was bad and had to be sent out to be replaced, she's only had it since February, so it was still under warranty at least.

Ok-now that I've yapped your ears off, I'll go back and catch up on some posts!

Hope everyone has a great day!:hug:manyheart

Sounds like a busy, but mostly happy week. Take care. :hug

Linda

Great -July 15th gives you some breathing room yet to get your quilt completed . Sounds like you are well on the way to having it done .

What are the Uglee Dolls for ? They look like some of the cartoon characters Casm used ot watch --some guy called Wubzie I think .

Yeah, Julie, I should have no problem getting it done.

Hi gang

1-All time favorite yarn , if cost was not an option ? Pure Alpaca.

2-Favorite hook size ? H or I

3- How many hooks would you say you have,and do you have any really old or unusual ones ? A LOT!!! I had all of my grandmother's hooks at one time, but the movers lost them in the move down here to Georgia.

4-What is the last THREAD item you made ? Heart bookmarks. I several thread WIPS going at the moment, too.

5- If you had a whole day off and had nothing else needing done, how many dishcloths could you complete in one day's time ? None! Haven't made any and have no desires to make any.

6- What stitch do you still have trouble mastering, or you just plain don't like to use it ? reverse single and reverse half double crochet stitches.

7-What is the fastest time it took you to complete an afghan ? I did a large RR afghan in 2 days over the weekend a few years ago.

8 - What color of yarn will you NEVER use again ?? :thinkBlack is probably my least favorite, but it does nice things to afghans so I'll continue to use it when necessary.

9- Can you remember the cost of yarn when you first started buying it ,compared to now ? :think About 50 cents?

10-Have you ever done latch hook kits ,and if so,what did you make ( picture on it ) Haven't done one, but my Mom made a lot of them before she got arthritis too bad to use the hook.

11- Did you ever do paint by numbers ? I have as a kid.

12- Do you know how to do crewel ? Yes, although I haven't done any in a long time.

13 -For those who are really good at knitting AND crochet,which do you prefer doing ? Crochet wins hands down.

14 -What would you say is the color of yarn you used MOST ever ? Hunter green.

15- Have you ever designed your own pattern,and if so,what was it ?Yes, I've designed quite a few quiltghans and a lot of snowflakes. [/QUOTE]

Julie, :yay:cheer:clap:woo a questionare!!! Sure have missed those.

1-All time favorite yarn , if cost was not an option? Would love to try a Noro sock yarn

2-Favorite hook size? Toss up, "d" for socks and "I" for everything else

3- How many hooks would you say you have,and do you have any really old or unusual ones? Have some wooden hooks, have a full set of very old German steel hooks and have whole set of soft touch hooks some x2 and a couple of the tulip hooks

4-What is the last THREAD item you made? Almost finished a doily :lol

5- If you had a whole day off and had nothing else needing done, how many dishcloths could you complete in one day's time? hmmmm...not sure depending how many hours in a day you're talking about

6- What stitch do you still have trouble mastering, or you just plain don't like to use it ? I love the tunisian stitch but haven't mastered it yet.

7-What is the fastest time it took you to complete an afghan? Two days, my first RR and I couldn't stop

8 - What color of yarn will you NEVER use again ?? I haven't met a color I didn't like

9- Can you remember the cost of yarn when you first started buying it ,compared to now ?A whole lot less than it is now. :eek I remember $1 yarn

10-Have you ever done latch hook kits ,and if so,what did you make ( picture on it )No, looked at them and thought about it but never bought a kit to try

11- Did you ever do paint by numbers ? Yes

12- Do you know how to do crewel ? Yes

13 -For those who are really good at knitting AND crochet,which do you prefer doing ? Crochet

14 -What would you say is the color of yarn you used MOST ever? Lime Green in an afghan

15- Have you ever designed your own pattern,and if so,what was it ? Nope, not talented enough. Just change up one's someone else designed

The AC is not making noise anymore!!! Thank goodness!!! The guy said there was a piece of metal vibrating against something- whatever it was, he fixed it and I sure hope it stays that way!!!!

:yay:cheer:clap:woo glad it's fixed bet you are on :c9 again *LOL*

The AC is not making noise anymore!!! Thank goodness!!! The guy said there was a piece of metal vibrating against something- whatever it was, he fixed it and I sure hope it stays that way!!!!

Joanne

Great to hear your air is working again, and not rattling . This time of year it sure is nice .

Sounds as if the new babe will be well set for arrival,with everything needed and waiting .The room sounds really cute !

Jude

Amen to the not needing anymore of the ghans for soldiers killed . I hope they bring them all home ASAP . Been a long time over there with way too many hurt and killed. ONE is too many .

Toni

Glad you enjoyed the furnace adventure. See,even Hillbilly Village has some entertaining things going on . (Although getting your eyebrows blown off isnt something I'd wanna try again) .

Linda

Wonder what the Uglee part represents, or why they chose to make the dolls uglee ? Because they all have booboos ? I'm sure there are lots of kids out there who will love a toy ,that got all their stuff ruined in the storms .Great idea .

Good luck on your quilt ! I bet it'll do great in the contest !

Linda

I agree with the stitch you dont like -- the reverse single. I think it is really nice as an edging,but I am no good at doing it !

I also agree with the black -- hardest to use because it is hard to see the stitches,but it does make certain colors in afghans stand out well .

Toni

I have never tried the tunisian stitch,so not sure I could do it. It looks confusing from the pictures .

I did a huge latch hook the first year we were married of a sunset -- a lot of oranges and yellows --very pretty for the 70's colors !

Oh boy, oh boy :bounce

Hi gang

1-All time favorite yarn , if cost was not an option ? I haven't used very many and no fancy ones, I do really like the ILTY and Vanna's Choice.

2-Favorite hook size ? I think I tend to grab a J :think

3- How many hooks would you say you have,and do you have any really old or unusual ones ? I have a set of the steel little ones, and go from E - N (minus L and M) :think And a couple doubles :lol Nothing unusual, but have some bamboo knitting needles that I love so if I had to buy another hook, I'd spring for those :yes Oh, and I have a set of 6 plastic hooks I bought for airplane trips, I wasn't sure if security would take the other away

4-What is the last THREAD item you made ? Snowflake

5- If you had a whole day off and had nothing else needing done, how many dishcloths could you complete in one day's time ? I've never made a dishcloth :blush But I guess 4-6ish

6- What stitch do you still have trouble mastering, or you just plain don't like to use it ? trc :(

7-What is the fastest time it took you to complete an afghan ? Probably about a week plus a day or two :think

8 - What color of yarn will you NEVER use again ?? Hmmmm....I think every color has it's place when used correctly :devil

9- Can you remember the cost of yarn when you first started buying it ,compared to now ? Ummm, I wanna say about $3 and change for the homespun :think

10-Have you ever done latch hook kits ,and if so,what did you make ( picture on it ) As a kid, I think I did a disney one

11- Did you ever do paint by numbers ? As a kid :D

12- Do you know how to do crewel ? Nope.....I don't even know what it is :blush

13 -For those who are really good at knitting AND crochet,which do you prefer doing ? Well I'm not really good at knitting, but can do the basics :lol BUT definitely crochet (which is probably why I'm not so advanced in knitting)

14 -What would you say is the color of yarn you used MOST ever ? This is tough....I have no clue :think

Oh no....I'm not too good at that sort of thing :( I've only just started to be able to alter a pattern (just a smidge)

Thanks Julie, I missed these :bounce

OK, getting ready to head upstairs and get my rear to bed. Up early for my drive and probably won't check in before leaving :think I'll probably check in while away though, but I ask for forgiveness in advance for any typos or 'text talk' since I'll be on my phone or nook and my fingers just go that way when I can't just type normally :lol

I'm just getting a chance to check in. I've started my organization project. I have 47 cubes on a wall. I'm sorting by colors. I'll post a picture once I'm done. Yarn is coming out of the wood work. Have a good night. Hope to check in earlier tomorrow.

Hi there Marisa

Good to be back --:)

It seems interesting that so many of us did paint by numbers as kids. I used to like doing them,but not sure how much patience I'd have with one now .

And dont feel bad if you cant design patterns. I cant either and wouldnt even try to change one. I have no clue how to do that so it turns out right .

Have a good safe trip this weekend !

Hi Val

We'll be excited to see your yarn all organized by colors -- sounds like you have a big pile of it . :yes

Good morning to everyone else -- not much new here yet in Hillbilly Village .Still dark out,so can't see outsdie yet to see who is doing what . :D

Will check in later .

Good morning and Happy Friday- 8 more hours of work and then I'm off for 10 days!!!

Val- It sure sounds like you are having fun organizing your yarn! I love that idea of cubes on a wall. Can't wait to see a pic of the project all completed.

Marisa- You are probably already on the road to Pitt! Safe travels and have fun at the ball game tonight! Hope you have a splendiferous weekend and that you find an office suitable for new adventure!!

Julie- Nice to see another early bird posting!!

I started a SBT for Tammy last night- I just love this pattern and it is looking nice in the delft blue and soft white! I should have it in the mail when I return from Boston.

Time to get ready since there's always lots to do on the last day before vacation. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good morning Ladies,

I've dropped the niece off at work. Gonna try to get a head start today.

Julie & Joanne, I do have a lot and yes I'm having fun. I want to try to finish it today.

Have a great day. I'll check back in later.

Morning everyone!

Yes bachelor buttons do grow here. And theyre happy to reseed themselves. Maybe I should add some to my hill..

Past 2 days have been very rainy. supposed to get more today. Hopefully the creeks will stay in the creeks instead of overflowing.

Archived