Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Wrennie- Beautiful pictures of the flowers you have!! Just gorgeous!!! I don't have alot of flowers but do have some day lilies that have got their buds- one has bloomed and the others are almost there- Can't wait till they are all in bloom! I have two other perennial plants that I forget what they are called- and they don't have flowers yet- when they bloom I'll take a pic if I remember because either you or Cindy can probably tell me what they are!!!

Judy- Ahh, a newborn- they do just melt your heart!!!!

Off to hook a bit- DH is outside puttering around-think I'll go sit outside on the deck for a while before it gets too hot and sunny back there. It's the perfect time out there now, since in the morning it's all shade.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, my friends. It's going to be a hot one today. I found to more boxes labeled geneology last night. Haven't opened them yet so not sure what's in them. Guess I'll find out later after John gets home.

Nice shawl Judy!

My only wound was a scratch on my ear. I had Marton look at it yesterday to see if it looked red or swollen or infected. He said it looked fine. Dumb cats were on the bed this morning and started getting "frisky'. They all got shoved off pretty quick.

I'd toss them too after what happened the other morning.

So Donna gave the puppy back. Her sons bulldog and her rotty/shepherd got along with it fine, but apparently her Beagle is gay and kept trying to have his way with the (male) puppy. She decided she didn't want to have to be pulling them apart all the time and she really didn't have a way of seperating them when she was at work, and her hubby was just going to fight jer on it anyway, so away he went. The girls that rescued him may just keep him if they can't find a home soon.

Sorry the puppy didn't work out, but it sounds like it's probably for the best.

I went around and got a few pictures of my garden. Like I said earlier most were trades from online friends.

Various sizes and colors of iris. My red one isn't blooming yet. And I have a truer yellow that was saved from a house in SC where the people who bought the house were going to bulldoze those 'weeds' to make the kids a motocross track. They just started blooming today. I'll have to get a picture.

[ATTACH]39917[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]39918[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]39919[/ATTACH]

Light purple lupines. I wish I could get some other colors to grow.

[ATTACH]39923[/ATTACH]

Allium that Chrizty gave me in a gift.

[ATTACH]39921[/ATTACH]

Cntaurea. Everyone thinks its monarda its so similar in bloom.

[ATTACH]39920[/ATTACH]

And forget me nots

[ATTACH]39922[/ATTACH]

Beautiful flowers, Wrennie. I see that you got the picture posting all figured out. Congratulations.

Ummm, what kinds of plants? 90% of my garden is from swaps with other gardening friends all across the US and Canada.

I went around and got a few pictures of my garden. Like I said earlier most were trades from online friends.

Various sizes and colors of iris. My red one isn't blooming yet. And I have a truer yellow that was saved from a house in SC where the people who bought the house were going to bulldoze those 'weeds' to make the kids a motocross track. They just started blooming today. I'll have to get a picture.

[ATTACH]39923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39920[/ATTACH]

And forget me nots

[ATTACH]39922[/ATTACH]

Lovely plants.

Most of what I divided yesterday were blue and white columbines, black eyed Susans, and Annabelle hydrangeas. I also did some obedience plant, and a couple of Autumn Joy sedums. If you (or anyone else) want some blue and white columbines, I can send you seeds. Just be warned, they are prolific self seeders and can grow quite large. Mine are blooming right now.

Its a really nice day here. We went to church this morning, and then visited with the inlaws for a while.

I have done 5 rows on my scarf and three stripes on the granny stripes. (I've decided to do this much on those projects every day, before I can work on something else.) Its time I got some of these project totes emptied.

I just walked around the yard the bit and my strawberry bed is looking like it will be very productive. I did a bit of weeding there, but I'll need to do some moe.

I've started another SBT!! I couldn't resist the ease of it!!! No thinking involved. DH kept talking to me- and I needed something that was mindless.

Great idea Cindy to work so many rows of a wip then do something else.

Linda- Should be interesting to find out what is in the boxes marked geneology!!!

Rosie came over for a while this afternoon and I opened one of the geneology boxes. Among other things, there were both of my children's baby books. More filled out than I remembered. My high school diploma. Notes, pictures, negatives of more pictures, newspaper clippings, the story of my great-grandparents written by one of my great-aunts, a marriage certificate from England in the 1800s I think of my great-great grandparents, and a bunch of other things. I will have to spend time with this batch of things before deciding where they will go and what I will keep to work more on. There were a lot of things that I didn't remember even having, but then again, I haven't worked on it for a very long time.

Nice shawl Judy!

Thanks

[ATTACH]39923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39920[/ATTACH]

And forget me nots

[ATTACH]39922[/ATTACH]

Beautiful flowers!!!:clap

Its a really nice day here. We went to church this morning, and then visited with the inlaws for a while.

I love it when the weather cooperates!

I have done 5 rows on my scarf and three stripes on the granny stripes. (I've decided to do this much on those projects every day, before I can work on something else.) Its time I got some of these project totes emptied.

That's what I'm trying to do. I'm calling the baby RR done once I finish this last round, then there are other things sitting here that need to be either assembled or worked on.

I've started another SBT!! I couldn't resist the ease of it!!! No thinking involved. DH kept talking to me- and I needed something that was mindless.

Hubby likes to talk to me when I;m knitting:P

Rosie came over for a while this afternoon and I opened one of the geneology boxes. Among other things, there were both of my children's baby books. More filled out than I remembered. My high school diploma. Notes, pictures, negatives of more pictures, newspaper clippings, the story of my great-grandparents written by one of my great-aunts, a marriage certificate from England in the 1800s I think of my great-great grandparents, and a bunch of other things. I will have to spend time with this batch of things before deciding where they will go and what I will keep to work more on. There were a lot of things that I didn't remember even having, but then again, I haven't worked on it for a very long time.
Oh, that sounds so wonderful....:c9

OffI go for the night....:hug:manyheart

Linda- that's great that you discovered your kids baby books- mine are in the attic--somewhere!:lol I had planned to go and take those totes down during the winter and then forgot all about it. Now it's too darn hot to go rummaging around up there!!!

Judy- Yup- it always seems that DH decides to come downstairs and talk to me when I'm starting or working on something that requires my concentration! Must be a man thing!!! Anyway- we went out for a while and now I'm back to my :crocheting

Just passing through waving :cheer Hi there, hope everyone is enjoying their holiday week-end. Mines have been MMmmmmmm good, for I got to stay home and play with various yarns and various crafts. I crochet :hook a little, weave on my navajo loom for a little, now I'm starting another knitted dishcloth :crocheting , so yep! I've been enjoying myself. :lol Sure feel good to relax and be yourself, how calm and focus life is at that moment of enjoying the crafts I like doing. How was everyone's week-end, hopefully enjoying. Talk to you all soon. HUGS :hug

Oh - almost forgot: this is how the babies play...

Too cute!

I've been reading the manuscript of my great-aunt this evening. She was a great story-teller, but not so good at spelling. :lol It's fascinating reading.

Good morning!

Quick post to say good morning- The angels are bowling out there and making quite a racket with the thunder and the pouring rain!!!! Don't they know that this Monday is my day off- and that there are Memorial Day Parades planned?

Hope you all enjoy the day- I'll stop back in later when things quiet down!!

'morning, peeps!

Like Joanne says, the angels are bowling...so this'll be brief.

Too cute!

I've been reading the manuscript of my great-aunt this evening. She was a great story-teller, but not so good at spelling. :lol It's fascinating reading.

Sounds like a terrific trip back in time!

BBL!

Wrennie- Beautiful pictures of the flowers you have!! Just gorgeous!!! I don't have alot of flowers but do have some day lilies that have got their buds- one has bloomed and the others are almost there- Can't wait till they are all in bloom! I have two other perennial plants that I forget what they are called- and they don't have flowers yet- when they bloom I'll take a pic if I remember because either you or Cindy can probably tell me what they are!!!

Thank you! &

:yes I love playing ID this plant!

Beautiful flowers, Wrennie. I see that you got the picture posting all figured out. Congratulations.

Yes I did, thank you!

Lovely plants.

Most of what I divided yesterday were blue and white columbines, black eyed Susans, and Annabelle hydrangeas. I also did some obedience plant, and a couple of Autumn Joy sedums. If you (or anyone else) want some blue and white columbines, I can send you seeds. Just be warned, they are prolific self seeders and can grow quite large. Mine are blooming right now.

Is it true blue? I would love some seeds. I have some purple/white in bloom right now.

I dug up some BESusans for the library sale from my veggie area. And some poppies. Found them while cleaning out the top 1/2 of the garden. I have to get my hot peppers and maters in. Might not today cause of the rain tho'.

I just walked around the yard the bit and my strawberry bed is looking like it will be very productive. I did a bit of weeding there, but I'll need to do some moe.

My birds and chipmunks get to the strawberries before I get any.

Oh - almost forgot: this is how the babies play...

Very cute!

Good morning!

Quick post to say good morning- The angels are bowling out there and making quite a racket with the thunder and the pouring rain!!!! Don't they know that this Monday is my day off- and that there are Memorial Day Parades planned?

Hope you all enjoy the day- I'll stop back in later when things quiet down!!

It was thundering here earlier but stopped. One loud clap actually made Skinny jump! He sleeps above my head so I know when he moves, if I'm awake.

Good morning house! Just a quick drop by. Things finally settling down here from my oldest visiting and tomorrow morning my youngest gets her car from the car hospital and I get my car back! YAY!

Don't plan to do much except veg and crochet today. Thought about working and decided against it. Need to be ready for the week ahead of me, which will be very busy.

Need to go back and catch up a bit. Did make a tote for my dd while she was here and a couple of towel toppers. Have photo of the bag w/her but need to upload from camera before I can post.

Love all the flower, furple, bag and project photos! Eye candy is great.

:heart and :hug :hug to all. Off to catch up on some other threads and then to finish the changing pad and work on finishing up the diaper bag.

:sun

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning House¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ :sun

Both totes are great.

Tammy- love both of them- and the one you are giving your aunt makes me smile with it's bright cheerful colors!!!

Good evening ladies :hi

Just a quick stop.

Tam - love the bag and the tote :manyheart

Beautiful work, Tammy.:clap :clap :clap

Thank you ladies for the sweet compliments!!! you're awesome :hug

Good morning!!!

I actually read a little bit last night!!! I had started another tote- this time the 'Granny Go Round" and I found myself getting tired- especially when I started what I thought was round 13- and it said to dc in the ch1. I was thinking- what chain 1?? So I looked at the pattern again- and I was actually reading round 14 directions. I figured it was time to put it down and go upstairs and read for a while.

hehehehee.... done that myself once or twice. :hook

have you picked it back up and worked on it again?

Nothing planned on the home front- other than to relax and take it easy.:c9

Have a good Sunday all!

:heart

:mug

'morning, peeps!

Very cute!!!! Thank you!!!!

Gotta dash! Have a good one!

Nice totes! Thanks!! :hug

[ATTACH]39923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39920[/ATTACH]

And forget me nots

[ATTACH]39922[/ATTACH] Omy.......what beautiful pictures!!!!!!

Lovely garden you have!!

I just walked around the yard the bit and my strawberry bed is looking like it will be very productive. I did a bit of weeding there, but I'll need to do some moe. oooooooooooh homegrown strawberries... YUM!

:yay... cant wait to see it! :hook

Rosie came over for a while this afternoon and I opened one of the geneology boxes. Among other things, there were both of my children's baby books. More filled out than I remembered. My high school diploma. Notes, pictures, negatives of more pictures, newspaper clippings, the story of my great-grandparents written by one of my great-aunts, a marriage certificate from England in the 1800s I think of my great-great grandparents, and a bunch of other things. I will have to spend time with this batch of things before deciding where they will go and what I will keep to work more on. There were a lot of things that I didn't remember even having, but then again, I haven't worked on it for a very long time.Whoa.........how very cool! How fun that must be to go through!!! :D

Oh - almost forgot: this is how the babies play... OmGoodness........ how cute is that!!!!!!!! look at those sweet babies!!! Love it!

Toni- I was thinking of you with all the racing on yesterday--and Yippee for getting your car back tomorrow!!!!

Wrennie- Glad you like to play "ID this plant"- I'll get pics when they bloom!!! The angels have put away their bowling balls for now- and it's sunny/humid out there- the AC is marginally cooling- but with a fan on too, it's bearable. Hope it's not going to cost beaucoup bucks to fix it-but I can't live without AC!!

Here's a pic of the SBT that I finished- because DH wasn't letting me concentrate on the granny-go-round tote.:lol Hopefully, maybe tonight I can pick that back up again- we'll see- I need to have quiet when I'm doing a new pattern!! The colors are Bernat Teal Heather and Luxury Ombre!

Also took a pic of the diaper cake for DD and SIL's "baby-que" shower.

post-27163-135897662921_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897662924_thumb.jpg

Morning House :cheer I woke to the sound of thunder and rain, but now the sun is out and I'm up and ready to get out doors, probably to the mall to look at bathing suits, just looking (hopefully):lol:lol Then I plan on coming home and get back into my crafts and another calming day. :eek Have a safe and fun day everyone. :hug

Joanne - love the diaper cake never saw one of those, nice

Wrennie - WOW pretty flowers

Toni- I was thinking of you with all the racing on yesterday--and Yippee for getting your car back tomorrow!!!!

Wrennie- Glad you like to play "ID this plant"- I'll get pics when they bloom!!! The angels have put away their bowling balls for now- and it's sunny/humid out there- the AC is marginally cooling- but with a fan on too, it's bearable. Hope it's not going to cost beaucoup bucks to fix it-but I can't live without AC!!

Here's a pic of the SBT that I finished- because DH wasn't letting me concentrate on the granny-go-round tote.:lol Hopefully, maybe tonight I can pick that back up again- we'll see- I need to have quiet when I'm doing a new pattern!! The colors are Bernat Teal Heather and Luxury Ombre!LOVE IT!!! Colors are really cool!

Also took a pic of the diaper cake for DD and SIL's "baby-que" shower.Too Cute!!! [/QUOTE]

Morning House :cheer I woke to the sound of thunder and rain, but now the sun is out and I'm up and ready to get out doors, probably to the mall to look at bathing suits, just looking (hopefully):lol:lol Then I plan on coming home and get back into my crafts and another calming day. :eek Have a safe and fun day everyone. :hug

Joanne - love the diaper cake never saw one of those, nice

Wrennie - WOW pretty flowers Hey hon!!! You have a wonderful day yourself! :hug

Good morning, housemates. John made it home about 9:15 last night. About 30 minutes before I was expecting him. He flew LOW and FAST to make it that quick!!!! He didn't go in to work until about 10:30 this morning so I got to have a good bit of the morning to rest. He's working today so they can start their vacation on Friday. They'll drive to Valdosta, GA Friday and then on to Panama City Beach, FL on Saturday. They following Saturday they'll reverse the trip to Valdosta and come on home on either Sunday or Monday.

Toni- Yippee for getting your car back tomorrow!!!!

I second that, Toni!

Wrennie- Glad you like to play "ID this plant"- I'll get pics when they bloom!!!

The angels have put away their bowling balls for now- and it's sunny/humid out there- the AC is marginally cooling- but with a fan on too, it's bearable. Hope it's not going to cost beaucoup bucks to fix it-but I can't live without AC!!

Hope they can fix it quickly and inexpensively, Joanne.

Here's a pic of the SBT that I finished- because DH wasn't letting me concentrate on the granny-go-round tote.:lol Hopefully, maybe tonight I can pick that back up again- we'll see- I need to have quiet when I'm doing a new pattern!! The colors are Bernat Teal Heather and Luxury Ombre!

Gorgeous tote and pretty colors.

I've never seen a diaper cake before, but it's definitely cute.

Have a good day, everyone. I'll catch you all later.:manyheart

Love the teal used for the bag! And that has to be the best diaper cake I've ever seen:yes

Stay cool everyone...the sun is out in full force now and we're hibernating!

Archived