New crocheter in Illinois

Country_Bumpkin

Hello everyone! My name is Vickie aka Country Bumpkin. I live in Illinois with a brand new baby girl ( 14 days old) named Jocelyn, a soon to be 3 year old daughter named Jaiden, an 11 year old son named Christian, a 3 year old Miniature Pinscher named Sparky, a 6 month old Miniature Dachshund named Mugsy and the love of my life.. my husband whom I met on the internet named Bill. I am new to crocheting. I started just one month ago, 2 Weeks before my daughter was born. I was looking to make something for Jocelyn as a special gift for the hospital and ran across Learn Crochet Now videos and my love/passion for crocheting was born. Every spare moment I have is dedicated to the craft. I love the peacefulness crocheting gives me even if it is for 5 minutes at a time, I need that calmness throughtout tha day.

My hubby loves that I have found something that can be taken anywhere and he loves to see the end results. I have done many crafts and usually it takes me away from the family such as computer graphics, sculpting, wood working, paper making etc.. everything I have done in the past I need to be away from the family as sharp tools have been involved or I was stuck staring at a monitore the entire day. Crocheting gives me the freedom to be crafty in any room at any time. Hahah Here I am just babbling away when you all already know this stuff I am sure. Well geez, now tht I have a novel written , I will close. I look forward in meeting all you wonderful people who share my love for crocheting and the addiction to yarn and patterns.

I am from Illinois also. I grew up in central Illinois and now live in a FAR south suburb of Chicago. Crochet is definitely a craft to do around family and is generally VERY mobile. :elle

My little one, just turned two, and she wants to keep her hand on the crochet hook as I am working. Or she generously helps pulling yarn from the skeins. :) One day...I'll be teaching her...I'm sure.:hook

:hug Welcome, welcome...this is the place where brilliant minds share and help other brilliant minds.:idea

Hi Vickie! Welcome to Crochetville from an American in Belgium! I spent 2 years living in the Chicago subburbs of Mt. Prospect and Arlington Heights. Glad to have you join us!!

Archived