Knit picks-----

LovinThis32

Seeking opinions-----never ordered from them before- I'm loving their sock yarn colors- HOWEVER..........is it soft? Also I think I might want to try the pinwheel sweater out of it if it is soft!!!

The yarns from Knitpicks are great. Good quality for low prices.

Their Options for knitting needles are great too.

:manyheart

Can't say enough good things about them. I broke one of my interchangeable needles and one of the cables broke 2 years later. I called to get replacements and they replaced them free. I have tried almost all of the yarns and I love them. good prices and good quality. Great customer service too. LOVE THEM!!!!

Can't say enough good things about them. I broke one of my interchangeable needles and one of the cables broke 2 years later. I called to get replacements and they replaced them free. I have tried almost all of the yarns and I love them. good prices and good quality. Great customer service too. LOVE THEM!!!!

Oh, I absolutely agree with everything you said. I recommend them highly! Love, love, love their yarns and service and prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious...will this place roll your hanks into balls before shipping???

I havn't ever worked with a hank of yarn and I'm not sure if I want to deal with that.

I plan on calling them in the morning but thought I would ask on here to see if anyone knew. Don't mention that on the website.

mgf~:yay

I'm glad you asked this question, because I've heard alot of good things about it. I was thinking of getting worsted weight yarn. But I also wanted to know about washing the item. If it was washable?

Carol:hook

Depends on the yarn. It says on the site which are washable. Wool of the Andes is NOT machine washable, in fact it is recommended for felting because it felts like crazy. When you go to the site, under "Yarns & Kits" you can select "Washable" and it will show you every yarn they sell which is machine washable.

They don't wind into balls before shipping. Some yarns come in center-pull skeins but you might want to ask which ones, because its a new feature.

Patternworks has a new thing with their club. If you join the patternwork club, an added feature is that they will roll your yarn into center pull balls if you ask for it. The club costs $34.99 and it has a lot of other items that come with the club. Something to check out.

They do have a lot of yarn, needles, hooks, and other things. And it's a good company to deal with also.

www.patternworks.com

:manyheart

Just curious...will this place roll your hanks into balls before shipping???

I havn't ever worked with a hank of yarn and I'm not sure if I want to deal with that.

I plan on calling them in the morning but thought I would ask on here to see if anyone knew. Don't mention that on the website.

mgf~:yay

No, they do not. But they have a nice ball winder for $19.99

Archived