what would you do?

I have a dilema and was wondering what would you do?

A friend of mine (a man) told me has has cancer. I'd like to make him a blanket...as he has commented onmy album on facebook about how much he loves handmade blankets. We went to highschool together - and well he had a seious thing for me. Nothing ever happened between us and now many years later he looked me up onfacebook and we are now good friends. The thing I wonderingabout is - should I make him a blanket? I am a married woman...so I don't want it to be weird, know what I mean?

Any advice?

kindof a toughie, with that history. I can see your dilemma. What if you made him small blanket (like Vonnie's travelghan) and made it a gift from you and your DH...maybe get a card you all can sign for him? (I'm guessing, though you didn't say, that he is single?)

So I guess my advice is, if it's in your heart to bless him with a blanket, to do so. Just do your best to refrain from making it too personal...Involve your hubby...

HTH

Hope your friend's treatment goes well, and that he recovers thoroughly.

That's good advice. I think it would be fine as long as your hubby is fine with it and just put that's it's from you both. That way, you won't worry hubby is mad and the friend won't get the wrong idea. ;)

If you really feel weird about it coming just from you, you can always start a request in the "Comfortghans" folder and ask other members to send you a square. Then you could assemble all the squares together, and let him know the blanket was a joint effort from a group of people who care, even though they don't know him personally.

If a whole afghan is 'weird' then make him a throw. Something 5x3 - large enough that he'll fit comfortably under it and small enough to not be elaborate.

If your husband doesn't mind then you should be fine.

Cancer is a really big thing with me - if your first instinct was to crochet a ghan then I would.

Archived