2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I didn't get to post last week, so I'll add it to this weeks score. Aug. 2nd we got so much :2rain, the basement of my building got flooded :help. I spent every spare moment sorting/cleaning out my storage unit, no time for :crocheting. I lost a lot of photos, books and stuffed animals/dolls :(. Most of my :yarn was in plastic bins, but some skeins and balls/used skeins in a trash bag got soaked (it tipped and :yarn floated everywhere). I had to wash/dry the full skeins and some that were less than 1/4 used. I now have a lot of colors with no labels. I tossed the rest of the balls/used :yarn because the water was dirty and they were all tangled. I tossed 4 skeins that were 1/2 or more used and 15 balls (I stopped counting, it was too wet/messy :yuck). The good thing is I get a high WTD without hardly trying :lol.

WTD: + 19 YTD: + 125

Ellie 13

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And it happens to the best of us!:lol:):lol

:manyheart

But it's killin' me NOT to buy yarn! ... I really do have enough yarn and projects to work on... I need help. :loco

Hi Fiberfolly!!! Definitely join in! I joined a couple weeks ago. CLLinda along with everyone else here is so helpful with questions, too (if you have any).

WELCOME!:yay

Ellie 13- So sorry about your storage unit and :yarn. How :( you had to throw away so much but at least it got you a big score. Lose/Win At least the flood wasn't as bad as it could have been.:hug

Fiberfolly- Not to late at all to join. :hi and :welcome We would love to have another in here. Anyone who has a yarn stash is a friend. Who else would understand you but another stasher.

But it's killin' me NOT to buy yarn! ... I really do have enough yarn and projects to work on... I need help. :loco

:eek:eek:think:think:lol:lol:cheer:cheer:rofl :rofl:hook:hook:hug:hug Yeah birds of a feather flock together in the same CAL

I didn't get to post last week, so I'll add it to this weeks score. Aug. 2nd we got so much :2rain, the basement of my building got flooded :help. I spent every spare moment sorting/cleaning out my storage unit, no time for :crocheting. I lost a lot of photos, books and stuffed animals/dolls :(. Most of my :yarn was in plastic bins, but some skeins and balls/used skeins in a trash bag got soaked (it tipped and :yarn floated everywhere). I had to wash/dry the full skeins and some that were less than 1/4 used. I now have a lot of colors with no labels. I tossed the rest of the balls/used :yarn because the water was dirty and they were all tangled. I tossed 4 skeins that were 1/2 or more used and 15 balls (I stopped counting, it was too wet/messy :yuck). The good thing is I get a high WTD without hardly trying :lol.

Ellie 13

Well what a poopy way of getting a decent score. Sorry for the mess

Ellie 13

I agree with Mary, a poopy way to get a good score. I hope its all cleaned up now. :(

Oh stop acting like you're the only one in that situation! :rofl

Is it too late in the year to join in here?? Also, I spin yarn. Do I go negative when I finish spinning a skein of yarn? LOL.

Welcome! You could make it a positive by sending it to me. I will suffer the negative for you. :devil

:turtle:vheart

Oh stop acting like you're the only one in that situation! :rofl

Suuuueeeee!!!! I ALMOST spit my coffee out while reading this! (not kidding!) :ha:P

:eek:eek:think:think:lol:lol:cheer:cheer:rofl :rofl:hook:hook:hug:hug Yeah birds of a feather flock together in the same CAL

Yup, yup, you're right. That's why I'm here. :D

:hug

Ellie 13 --Hope you are all cleaned up now. I'm glad most of your yarn was in plastic bins. Basement flooding is the pits!

I've finished 2 skeins and a ball this week. Just found a single skein while sorting some more of my sister's stuff. No trips to any stores in sight for the rest of the week, so I hope to stay in the positives!

Is it too late in the year to join in here?? Also, I spin yarn. Do I go negative when I finish spinning a skein of yarn? LOL.

Welcome to the group! I will enter your name on the list.

I just blew my positive score. I ordered 14 skeins of I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby for a Groovyghan for my daughter-in-law for Christmas. I should use most, if not all of it for the ghan, so I will catch back up as I finish it. I can't wait to get the yarn. We do not have a Hobby Lobby around here, and I was quite surprised to find out how reasonable shipping is from them. It was only $2 for 14 large skeins of yarn. Can't beat that with a stick!

Well, I'm going to go adjust my signature line now.

I am so good. Went to Wally World and didn't buy any yarn. And I know JoAnn's has a huge clearance sale, so I'm staying out of there. It's hard, but I'm using that will power.

It isn't that hard for me to not buy yarn at my nearest Wally World since they have very little--because we have a new Joann down the street from it and they choose not to compete. But now that I know there is a clearance sale at Joann I am very tempted to mosey over there. You, are an evil enabler :).

Well thankfully my nearest Joannes is like 30mins or more away. If it was as close as Wally World, HL, or Michaels I would be so tempted to go in. But I did buy some yarn on sale at HL last week. Its was a great sale. Got like $2 off most yarn. Maybe I'll stop posting about my yarn purchase when I actually find something to do with it.

The basement is dried out now, but when it rains, everyone in the building runs to the basement :lol.

I made what I called a "groovy-ghan" once. Mine had my own smilie face square, Krystal's Daisy square and a peace sign square (I don't remember who's design) in it. I like that one too. I finished another Christmas stocking, used a ball (+1). Since I mostly have full/nearly full skeins, I'll have to do a lot of :crocheting to finish anything.

WTD: + 20 YTD: + 126

Ellie 13

My goal for the year is to end in the positives for YTD. So I'm really staying away from yarn, but it's so hard.;)

My goal for the year is to end in the positives for YTD. So I'm really staying away from yarn, but it's so hard.;)

I think I can forget that one for the year! I'm just trying to concentrate on crocheting time and use as much yarn as I can.

Maybe you can bottle some of your will power and sell it!!

well last weekend was busy had to work all weekend and I am so excited because I have this weekend off I haven't had a weekend off since I started this job last month so I am happy going to do some crocheting. I forgot to add that I bought a skein of yarn -2

I have been crocheting SBTs like a mad woman. Have used up two full skeins and rolled two down to very small balls. I have also used up one ball. I bought a skein of yarn today to make another SBT, bringing my WTD score so far to a +5. :D

Archived