2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's all my daughter's fault. ALL her fault!!! She's the one who got the gift card to Michael's for her birthday, and she's the one who can't drive by herself yet, and she's the one who let me off my leash in the yarn department with all that pretty, pretty, soft and fuzzy, clearance yarn that needed a good home, and the 25% off coupon, and some yarn that wasn't still on sale, but had the sale price still posted, and they gave me the sale price any way, and....

ALL her fault -- I'm going to keep her! :D

WTD -32

That's right, you show her! And give her a big hug and a kiss too, that yarn enabler! :laughroll

It's all my daughter's fault. ALL her fault!!! She's the one who got the gift card to Michael's for her birthday, and she's the one who can't drive by herself yet, and she's the one who let me off my leash in the yarn department with all that pretty, pretty, soft and fuzzy, clearance yarn that needed a good home, and the 25% off coupon, and some yarn that wasn't still on sale, but had the sale price still posted, and they gave me the sale price any way, and....

WTD -32

Aren't daughters the best???? :yay:manyheart:yes

Saturday after reporting I had (yes HAD!) to go and get some more yarn for a felted hat I'm doing. I'm not sure how this is gonna work as it took a lot more yarn than the pattern said it should and the thing is HUGE!! Yeah it's supposed to shrink when felting..but THAT much?? I'm going to measure it before and after and see just how much this puppy..ok hat..does shrink

Then Sunday I was in Hancocks and saw a striped marble baby yarn that was almost as soft and pretty as Brett C Marble (almost, not quite lol) so bought 6 skeins of that.

I did use 2 skeins on the yarn eating hat and 1 ball

Already in the hole 15... :rofl

Saturday after reporting I had (yes HAD!) to go and get some more yarn for a felted hat I'm doing. I'm not sure how this is gonna work as it took a lot more yarn than the pattern said it should and the thing is HUGE!! Yeah it's supposed to shrink when felting..but THAT much?? I'm going to measure it before and after and see just how much this puppy..ok hat..does shrink

Then Sunday I was in Hancocks and saw a striped marble baby yarn that was almost as soft and pretty as Brett C Marble (almost, not quite lol) so bought 6 skeins of that.

I did use 2 skeins on the yarn eating hat and 1 ball

Already in the hole 15... :rofl

Helping to keep the economy going, one skein at a time!

:manyheart

WTD -32

It sounds like you have a wonderful daughter! Hope she does this again, soon!

You do realize its in 2 1/2 weeks, not years right??? :rofl

:turtle:vheart

I didn't tell you? I've taken vacation for the next 2 1/2 weeks ~ sent the hubby out to the woods to live (this may be permanent :yes), kicked my 22 year old son out of the house, and I'm working day and night, 24/7, on my crochet projects. :crocheting:crocheting Cases of 4 Hour Energy, Rock Star and other power drinks are in my fridge. Oh, but I am taking off 1 hour every Thursday for my Zumba class. :elle I am a Lean, Mean, Crocheting Machine!!!! :hook:hook:hook

I didn't tell you? I've taken vacation for the next 2 1/2 weeks ~ sent the hubby out to the woods to live (this may be permanent :yes), kicked my 22 year old son out of the house, and I'm working day and night, 24/7, on my crochet projects. :crocheting:crocheting Cases of 4 Hour Energy, Rock Star and other power drinks are in my fridge. Oh, but I am taking off 1 hour every Thursday for my Zumba class. :elle I am a Lean, Mean, Crocheting Machine!!!! :hook:hook:hook

I wish I could do that! :manyheart

I wish I could do that! :manyheart

So do I ~~~ In reality, I'm stuck at work, no time to crochet (but I do look at the Ville and Ravelry often). And not much time to crochet at night.:sigh I was in a state of delirium when I wrote that. lol

You're so full of poo! :rofl

Used a skein and a ball last night on another floppy turtle. :cheer Puts me at -1 for the week. I'm about ready to dive into my stash to make another tote. :)

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +12

Been spending more time huddled under half of the blanket, rather than working on the other. I've been either too cold or too tired. :sigh

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +12 (Bronze Medal 03/07/11)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

Been spending more time huddled under half of the blanket, rather than working on the other. I've been either too cold or too tired. :sigh

-Marzee

Hope you aren't sick Marzee :hug

Got an extra $20 this week for sewing up curtains for a neighbor. So should I save it, or buy more yarn?

Maybe I'll just take a peek at a few websites. That may help me decide.

Got an extra $20 this week for sewing up curtains for a neighbor. So should I save it, or buy more yarn?

Maybe I'll just take a peek at a few websites. That may help me decide.

*whispers* buy yarn. buy yarn. buy yarn. buy yarn...

:eek:eek:eek

Michael's and Hobby Lobby got me again!!! 17 more skeins hitched a ride home with me today...and I have to go near both stores again tomorrow!!!

Michael's and Hobby Lobby got me again!!! 17 more skeins hitched a ride home with me today...and I have to go near both stores again tomorrow!!!

Be strong, my child, be strong. :rofl :rofl

Archived