2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

This may be a silly question but what is ILTY and HL?

Updating my scores.

WTD=-13 YTD=-7

My silly husband asked me to make a blanket for a co-worker's baby that's due in March. :) So I had to go to Hobby Lobby and get some pretty green yarn. I bought some ILTY and I love HL!:)

:manyheart

:)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This may be a silly question but what is ILTY and HL?

ILTY = I Love This Yarn

HL = Hobby Lobby

ILTY is one of HL's exclusive yarn brands, if I understand correctly

ILTY = I Love This Yarn

HL = Hobby Lobby

ILTY is one of HL's exclusive yarn brands, if I understand correctly

Great explanation!

silver medal for the week.. .REALLY!?!?!?!?!? oh my gooses. I feel like I just won an oscar or something! Seriously... wow.

Yay scrapghan eating all those balls of yarn up!

Congrats on your silver! :yay

You should get the gold, instead of me. You did it by honest work. I took the easy way out, I gave yarn away. (But don't think I'm really giving up my moment of fame!) :lol

Great score keeping and I hope that everyone sticks with us this year... Thank you all for the condolances (sp) about Grandma. I didn't learn to crochet from her, but, when she was moved to the nursing home a few years back I did get a bit of yarn and a hook. She didn't do much though.... One thing that I remember from her 100th birthday. She and my granddad got saved just about the time picture shows came out (and a that time going to a picture show was considered a sin) and one thing she had wanted to do was to go to the picture show and see a Shirly Temple movie.. Well, around her 100th birthday one of my cousins son's and his wife were going to have a baby. One of the things we did at the baby shower was watch some Shirley Temple movies. Grandma loved them!!!!!

Congrats on your silver! :yay

You should get the gold, instead of me. You did it by honest work. I took the easy way out, I gave yarn away. (But don't think I'm really giving up my moment of fame!) :lol

Points are points *laughing* I had 3 more balls of yarn I could have put into the scrapghan so it's my fault for wussin' out LOL Great job on the gold :)

Great score keeping and I hope that everyone sticks with us this year... Thank you all for the condolances (sp) about Grandma. I didn't learn to crochet from her, but, when she was moved to the nursing home a few years back I did get a bit of yarn and a hook. She didn't do much though.... One thing that I remember from her 100th birthday. She and my granddad got saved just about the time picture shows came out (and a that time going to a picture show was considered a sin) and one thing she had wanted to do was to go to the picture show and see a Shirly Temple movie.. Well, around her 100th birthday one of my cousins son's and his wife were going to have a baby. One of the things we did at the baby shower was watch some Shirley Temple movies. Grandma loved them!!!!!

This is a very heart-warming memory. Thank you so much for sharing it.

I'm making a baby blanket in a nice green, and used up a whole skein, as I was sick in bed yesterday.

Nice way to start the week!

+2

4 balls into the scrapghan. New on the hook is a baby blanket and a scarf. I think tonight I'll be rolling some semi-skeins into balls just to get them ready to go. Not sure if I'll put them into the scrapghan or not. WHEW this CAL is really good for my stash :) I have never been so motivated to keep things at bay.

4 balls into the scrapghan. New on the hook is a baby blanket and a scarf. I think tonight I'll be rolling some semi-skeins into balls just to get them ready to go. Not sure if I'll put them into the scrapghan or not. WHEW this CAL is really good for my stash :) I have never been so motivated to keep things at bay.

It brings out the competitive spirit lol. Not that I really care to get the gold medal (but maybe sometime!) but it does help to not go out and just buy yarn because I can :lol

Heeerrre we gooooo .....

and our players who are to busy crocheting to get to the computer.

Marzee

Needle Arts

jura2908

I put the wrong date in my Check-in (pg. 55, #544). I have edited it to reflect reality just for the record. It was zero, so doesn't really matter all that much. Linda caught the YTD, though.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +0/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

WHEW this CAL is really good for my stash :) I have never been so motivated to keep things at bay.

I know what you mean! I've been crocheting faster and with more stashed yarn than ever before! No more looking at the yarn and going "well, I want a slightly different shade". Now I look at it and go "Hm, these will work together"

I have to go yarn shopping.... WEEEE! :clap Design I'm working on now, I need 3 shades of green. I have 3 shades, but 2 of them are so close together that I can't really tell the difference between the two. And I can't go any further on any of the design without that 3rd green! It's... critical! :2eek

And it is supposed to :snow:2snow for the next couple nights/days.

Ah well. Off to search for another design to work on with other colors!

so...if my kitten steals a scrap ball of yarn and proceeds to unwind it around the house... several times in a row... do I count it as donated to her kitty cause and earn +1? :D

so...if my kitten steals a scrap ball of yarn and proceeds to unwind it around the house... several times in a row... do I count it as donated to her kitty cause and earn +1? :D

Most definitely!:D

:yes Theft by kitty totally counts!:lol

I've used up three skeins so far, but I have to pick up some more for a throw I'm working on.

I put the wrong date in my Check-in (pg. 55, #544). I have edited it to reflect reality just for the record. It was zero, so doesn't really matter all that much. Linda caught the YTD, though.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +0/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. I'll move you to the 0 spot. (if I still can)

:blush Honestly, I just have an unbelievable urge to beat Wrennie's Shoot The Moon score... :lol

Not a chance.

:laughroll:rofl:rofl:rofl :2rock:rofl:rofl:rofl:laughroll

Whats so funny? :rofl jk

Ok, down in off topic, a few months back, I said how I was going to inherit some yarn from my friend who passed away. Well, yesterday her husband came into where I work and said

'Brenda {their daughter} is going home tomorrow {today} why don't you come up after work and go through some yarn with her.'

So I went up. Mind you Arline {my friend} was a bit of a yarnaholic. I walked in the house and you could barely walk through the kitchen there was so much yarn, totes, bags, bags, and more bags. Then Brenda took me in the sewing room. Every surface had sewing or yarn supplies, patterns, etc etc etc! Sh has a weaving loom, so stuff for that too. Oh, and did I mention yarn. She pulled open a random drawer. Yarn! Moved a bag, under it is... knitting needles and yarn!

So

{good thing I have a pickup truck}

I loaded up the back seat, front seat and put 3 totes in the bed of my truck. I have 2 paper shopping bags, the kind with the handles you get at Macy's at Christmas, FULL, 2 big black trash bags, with smaller bags inside, FULL, 3 storage containers FULL.

My score this week will be way over -100!!!!

Hangs my head in shame {so nobody can see my yarnaholic big ole' grin.}

Ok, down in off topic, a few months back, I said how I was going to inherit some yarn from my friend who passed away. Well, yesterday her husband came into where I work and said

'Brenda {their daughter} is going home tomorrow {today} why don't you come up after work and go through some yarn with her.'

So I went up. Mind you Arline {my friend} was a bit of a yarnaholic. I walked in the house and you could barely walk through the kitchen there was so much yarn, totes, bags, bags, and more bags. Then Brenda took me in the sewing room. Every surface had sewing or yarn supplies, patterns, etc etc etc! Sh has a weaving loom, so stuff for that too. Oh, and did I mention yarn. She pulled open a random drawer. Yarn! Moved a bag, under it is... knitting needles and yarn!

So

I loaded up the back seat, front seat and put 3 totes in the bed of my truck. I have 2 paper shopping bags, the kind with the handles you get at Macy's at Christmas, FULL, 2 big black trash bags, with smaller bags inside, FULL, 3 storage containers FULL.

Oh.... my..... gooses

Is it bad that I secretly hoped you'd offer up free yarn giveaways LOL I have never seen that much yarn in one place and think that very well may be a good thing!!!! I'd be hauling it out too, even if that meant renting a Uhaul!

And I am pretty sure you have secured shoot the moon for this week too HAHAHAHA

:eek I am soooooooooo jealous!!! :blush

Must set my goals higher though if I am to beat your shoot the moon record now. :devil (Hubby doesn't think this sentiment is nearly as funny as I do because I get my tax return this weekend and told him I needed a trip to Hobby Lobby) :lol

I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. I'll move you to the 0 spot. (if I still can)

Not a chance.

Whats so funny? :rofl jk

So

Totally jealous :(

Can't wait to hear what all you acquired. :yes

Archived