2011 Combo Challenge

JulieKay

Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?

• 2 different choices
    • A new choice each week

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy, that's a good pattern for this time of year.

Linda, I bought that Betty Hechtman book at the used book store recently, but haven't read it yet. I also got "Dead Men Don't Crochet".

Oh, that sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can find it.

I recently read Betty Hechtman's "You Better Knot Die"

and "A Stitch in Crime" - I enjoyed both.

Just finished reading "The Glass Castle" - she had such an awful childhood. One of those books that I had a hard time putting down.

I tried out the Warm But Ugly Hat that Judy posted for this month today. It is cute, quick, and easy to make. I didn't have an M hook so used an N hook and it worked us slick. My neighbor has already requested a couple and wants to learn how to make them for some Christmas gifts. Great pattern Judy! :clap :clap :clap :clap

I tried out the Warm But Ugly Hat that Judy posted for this month today. It is cute, quick, and easy to make. I didn't have an M hook so used an N hook and it worked us slick. My neighbor has already requested a couple and wants to learn how to make them for some Christmas gifts. Great pattern Judy! :clap :clap :clap :clap

Ican't take credit for the idea...:lol But I'm glad it worked up so well!

...and i picked up You'd better Knot die as a treat for myself....;)

Haven't been here in this thread for a while! Hope you are all doing well!!

Love the pattern this month so I had to pop in- I've made about 6 of them- I LOVE how fast and easy they work up- either using 2 strands of WW or bulky yarn!

You'd Better Knot Die sounds like something I should add to my Christmas Wish List!

Haven't done much reading in a while- all my free time seems to be spent on crocheting--Time to get back into reading a little too!!!

You'd Better Knot Die sounds like something I should add to my Christmas Wish List!

Haven't done much reading in a while- all my free time seems to be spent on crocheting--Time to get back into reading a little too!!!

I'm doing the exact opposite:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

For some reason using 2 strands of yarn is something I shy away from. Was going to ask if Homespun would be bulky enough, but then remembered I don't like crocheting with Homespun (but like knitting with it). I'm curious as to which bulky yarn was used.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started reading "Barefoot Sisters: Southbound". Its by two sisters who hiked the Appalachian Trail (barefoot where possible). It has very good reviews on Amazon, and is currently available as a free Kindle book. (which is why I'm reading it!)

I'm not quite ready to say its a wonderful book, but I'm only up to the third chapter.

Hey everyone,

I just finished reading the Hunger Games Trilogy. All 3 books were good. I give them 4 stars. I've just started reading Stephen King's new book 11/22/63. So far it has been good, but I'm only about 50 pgs in. It is about time travel. A high school English teacher is going to travel back in time to try to save JFK. I also finished up A Lancaster County Christmas by Suzanne Woods Fisher. This was very good 4 stars. But so far I have loved everything this author has written.

On the crochet front I finished up another hat. Well technically it was half crochet and half knit. I messed it up when I was binding it off. I should have bound off in pattern but instead I did all knit. Oh well we all learn from our mistakes.

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well.

I started reading Stephen King's IT. I love the movie, especially bc of the creepyness. But its not so scarey now that I know the clown is Tim Curry. The same guy that played in the Rocky Horror PictureShow.

Hi all

Sorry to have been MIA for so long . As for the question regarding the coins you have saved this year fro each book completed , I think maybe it'd work best of you just choose any one of the crochet charities that are working on items in the charity section . That way you can choose which one you think you'd like to hel. Different people have different charities near to their heart.

Some might prefer helping with baby or premie items for hospitals,some may want to donate their money to a charity that is making items for homeless,or maybe things for nursing home people,such as slippers, laprobes,etc.

So anytime you want to wrap it up ,since we are into December, just contact the one who is running the thread which you'd like to donate to,and ask thru a pm for their mailing address,so they can use the money for more yarn or supplies needed .

Thanks very much !

Hi all

Sorry to have been MIA for so long . As for the question regarding the coins you have saved this year fro each book completed , I think maybe it'd work best of you just choose any one of the crochet charities that are working on items in the charity section . That way you can choose which one you think you'd like to hel. Different people have different charities near to their heart.

Some might prefer helping with baby or premie items for hospitals,some may want to donate their money to a charity that is making items for homeless,or maybe things for nursing home people,such as slippers, laprobes,etc.

So anytime you want to wrap it up ,since we are into December, just contact the one who is running the thread which you'd like to donate to,and ask thru a pm for their mailing address,so they can use the money for more yarn or supplies needed .

Thanks very much !

Thanks, Julie, I was wondering the same thing. I think I'll wait a bit yet as I have a bunch of books in progress and hope to finish up at least part of them before the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...

Have finished two books since my last check in here.

Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb. Excellent book and the first of a trilogy. I've already started on the next one. 5 stars

Imager's Challenge: Book Two of the Imager Portfolio by L. E. Modesitt, Jr. Another excellent read. I read the first one several months ago and just picked up two and three about a week ago. Haven't started the third one yet. 5 stars.

Have now completed 3 of the Ugly but Warm hats. All are Christmas presents.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays :hug

The same to you, hon!!

****ANd I'll be starting a new CAL sometime this week...AND I promise to keep up with it;)

Keep your eyes open!:hook

Archived