2011 Combo Challenge

JulieKay

Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?

• 2 different choices
    • A new choice each week

Donna

Yep, you get the award for completing the book,and I am surprised it never got better. I thought maybe it would at some point . Maybe some people liked it .. it seemed pretty DRY to me

Jude

No worries if you fell off the Book Wagon. You have had the baby afghan occupying a lot of your time lately, so maybe now you are wrapping it up, you might find another book that interests you .

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Salute to National Poetry Month ---

I've never been much of a poetry reader myself, but to those who are , enjoy the celebration and dig out some poetry books in celebration of the event !

The only poem I remember is the purple cow one .:lol

A Salute to National Poetry Month ---

I've never been much of a poetry reader myself, but to those who are , enjoy the celebration and dig out some poetry books in celebration of the event !

The only poem I remember is the purple cow one .:lol

I hav several poetry books....I read them occasioally but it sounds like a erfect time...

Maybe my Edgar Allen Poe ones:lol

Back in junior high or high school we had to memorize any 100 consecutive lines of The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. I chose my bit so I could end it with the lines:

And a thousand, thousand slimy things

Lived on, and so did I.

I guess I thought that was funny. I've never been much a poetry reader either.

The Books of Rachel isn't going very well after all. I read a bit yesterday, decided not to finish it. Then I thought I would give it another try, read before bed, decided I wouldn't read any more. I'm really on again, off again. I'm close to half way through. I think I probably will abandon it, but may give it another try. It's not terrible, just not much to my taste as it has gone on.

Morning all!

Quick drop in- haven't been reading much- but I did start the beach tote-but then got sidetracked with a baby blanket- and realized it's already almost the middle of the month- so maybe tonight I'll work on that!

Have a good reading/crocheting/doing whatever you are doing kind of day!!!

Hi ladies

Just checking in to bump us up a little bit higher on the page ! I've been reading another Dennis Lehane book called Prayers for Rain .

It is pretty interesting . I'm maybe about halfway done with it. It's kinda like a private -eye type story . He is a good writer !

Hope all the rest of you find the time to read when you can. I know somedays there just isnt enough time to fit a lot into .

Hopefully we will all have some decent weather before long so we can sit outside and read .

You all have a good weekend ~~

I'll probably get a lot of reading done next week, either books or audio. I'm off work for 8 days, and I'm decreeing it all play time with minimal housework and cooking - except for Easter. I got a free carpet cleaning for renewing my lease and chose Easter Monday for it, since I have to work a day shift then and can will away while it's being done. But that means I'll be moving as much furniture as I can fit into my tile dining room and walk in closet, since they just clean around furniture in occupied apartments. It will be grand to have it cleaned though. I've never been offered that as a perk!

I'll also be working of my granny stripe afghan. I am so in love with it, I may not be able to give it to the hospice. I'll see how it turns out in the end.

Donna- Enjoy your time off work- and that is a nice perk having the carpet cleaned!! Just be careful moving the furniture around!!!

I can't wait to do another granny stripe- I loved making the one for DD and want to make another-but have some baby projects and the beach tote to make first!!!

I worked on the April project- the beach tote tonight while watching my Yankees lose their game! I don't know why but using the G hook with the Bernat Handicrafter and doing sc and chains has my shoulders a little sore. I think I'll be alternating working on this project in between the two baby blankets I'm working on.

Off to hopefully read for a bit before calling it a night!

Hi Donna

That WOULD be nice having all your carpeting cleaned for free ! We have a carpet cleaner,but it hasnt been used in awhile -- hate to say how long. We really do need to get it out and get our carpets all done . I have been lax on the housework for too long now.

Hope you find some good books and crochet projects to occupy all your days off .

Joanne

Cant wait to see your tote when done .Is anyone else working on one ? I think Cindy said she was,but cant remember for sure .

You all have a great weekend.

I started a tote, but I'm not sure if I will finish it. I don't know what I would use it for. I'll see if dd has any interest in it before frogging it though.

I haven't done much reading lately. I've been cleaning. (I've been mostly ignoring any housework that didn't show on the surface for several months.) Now that the sun is brighter, all that hidden dust shows.

Is anyone else working on one ?

I haven't started one yet...I should. I only have 2 WIPs going (not counting 2 bags of squares that need ends woven in and then made into blankies...oh, and another small batch of squares to to be assembled.

Sounds like a cotton project should be added to the list:lol

Cindy

You and me both on the seeing DUST when the sun starts shining . I could build a sandbox out of all the dust in our house. It is my LEAST favorite chore,so I usually ignore it most of the time .

Jude

You always have projects on the move ! Never an empty list for you .

Hi ladies

Just checking in to bump us up a little bit higher on the page ! I've been reading another Dennis Lehane book called Prayers for Rain .

It is pretty interesting . I'm maybe about halfway done with it. It's kinda like a private -eye type story . He is a good writer !

Hope all the rest of you find the time to read when you can. I know somedays there just isnt enough time to fit a lot into .

Hopefully we will all have some decent weather before long so we can sit outside and read .

You all have a good weekend ~~

I may have to check that one out- I do like Dennis Lehane and still have 2 of his books that I picked up in Boston at the used book store to read. Maybe today after the Yankee game, I'll pick one of them up! I've been slacking on the reading!

One of my favorite quotes, from somewhere or other, is that God loves dust - it's why he made so much of it. I figure it's not my place to meddle with the divine dispensation. I'm sure we're expected to just sit and admire it - I have that down to a fine art.

One of my favorite quotes, from somewhere or other, is that God loves dust - it's why he made so much of it. I figure it's not my place to meddle with the divine dispensation. I'm sure we're expected to just sit and admire it - I have that down to a fine art.

Love it, I need to adopt that!!!

I have a spoon rest that says "God must have loved calories---he made so many of them" And I won't meddle with the divine dispensation either!;)

My neighbor asked me yesterday if I had seen the new Jean M. Auel book that was just released. I hadn't, so he loaned me his copy. It's The Land of Painted Caves. I'm already 90 pages into it and it's great!

My neighbor asked me yesterday if I had seen the new Jean M. Auel book that was just released. I hadn't, so he loaned me his copy. It's The Land of Painted Caves. I'm already 90 pages into it and it's great!

I'm way behind: I recently started book One!:lol

I just finished Almost Innocent , I loved it. It kept my interest all the way to the end, and The last chapter had me stunned, it did not end up how I guessed at all. I give it a 5 out of 5. Which is superb by my opinion bc Im not a big fan of romance novels.

I just finished Almost Innocent , I loved it. It kept my interest all the way to the end, and The last chapter had me stunned, it did not end up how I guessed at all. I give it a 5 out of 5. Which is superb by my opinion bc Im not a big fan of romance novels.

glad to hear that you enjoyed the book!!! I'm not a big an of romance novels either;)

I've been slacking on the reading front. But I did finally remember tonight to put an audiobook in my car for my commute to and from work so that's a step in the right direction!!

I've heard good things about the Auel books- glad you are enjoying the new one!

I've heard good things about the Auel books- glad you are enjoying the new one!

I'm devouring this one. It's excellent. I'm over half way through it already. Whenever I'm not caring for Kim, I'm reading. :devil

Archived