Baby Bank by Barbara Anderson

#1Crochetfan

This is for a husband's coworker's baby who's turning one. It's an old pattern that was given me, cut from a magazine. I think it turned out pretty good. Let's hope hubby's coworker likes it.

post-3193-135897579573_thumb.jpg

post-3193-135897580069_thumb.jpg

That is just too cute, may I ask if you know what magazine the pattern was cut from, I would be interested in finding the magazine/pattern if at all possible as I think this would be a great gift for a baby shower.

Thanks, ladies, for checking out the bank. I wish I knew the magazine it was from, but it was ripped out and placed in a book that my mom's cousin had given me. She had gotten rid of all her craft books. The only thing to do is to search for Barbara Anderson crocheted patterns and see if it turns up anything. She was popular in the 80's and did many toy patterns.

Kittyloverdeb>>>> It's a bank? That is just so cute! Where does the money go in at? Is there plastic or something inside? Can you tell that I am just really, really intrigued?

Yes, it has a slot in the middle of the back and takes a 8 oz. margarine tub. I used a 8 oz. paper mache container from Michaels that I painted white because I thought the glue would take better over using a plastic tub. Her pattern is very unique in how she works with the slot. I posted another picture showing how the bank looks opened up.

• 3 weeks later...

Not having any luck finding the pattern. Often, there is the name of the magazine and the date on the bottom of the page, unfortunate that you don't have that info. I will keep looking. Thank you for bringing this pattern to my attention.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived