Dish towel

TurtleLvr

segi1974 sent me one of these and my Mom loved it (and tried to steal it). So I decided to try and make one myself. Its a dish towel with a potholder on the top. Its held closed with velcro so you can hang it on your oven handle.

post-28075-135897578564_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

I have some of those and they are neat. I never tried them though. Didn't think I would like gathering the towel and wasn't sure if my ancient sewing machine would sew though the thickness of the towel and potholder.

Those are awesome - my "second" Mom made one for my Mom and I copied the idea - I am making them for Christmas gifts. I couldn't find pot holders so I went to Joanns and bought quilters backing and put the bias (I think thats what it is called) tape around it. They take less then 30 minutes to make and many people love them!

bgs - I think that it would go through your machine - it worked fine in mine.

Thanks! I made another one last night and found potholders and towels in my closet that I will make more with today!

I have some of those and they are neat. I never tried them though. Didn't think I would like gathering the towel and wasn't sure if my ancient sewing machine would sew though the thickness of the towel and potholder.

I didn't gather, I pleated, but the one Kathy sent me it looked like the lady that made it just ran a stitch (by hand) across the center of the towel and pulled to gather it.

:turtle:vheart

Archived