would make a great ghan - talking crochet patt

I really like that, too. I know myself though and I'd ever finish it. It's gorgeous though. I just wish there was a way to make one without all of the squares then sewing them together. :yuck

I'm planning on trying the Yo-yo thing from Annie's Attic though. Supposedly they are crocheted and joined at the same time.

My plan was to use the continuous join method to put them together. With that process you are done when you put the white rows in place. I didn't read through the pattern - I just looked at it and decided that it would work with Continuous join.

that is the first one of four (by Bethintx) and you can find the others from there. She takes you through it step by step. :ghug

My plan was to use the continuous join method to put them together. With that process you are done when you put the white rows in place. I didn't read through the pattern - I just looked at it and decided that it would work with Continuous join.

that is the first one of four (by Bethintx) and you can find the others from there. She takes you through it step by step. :ghug

I've used the continuous join method before and don't particularly like doing that either. :lol Thanks though!

I've used the continuous join method before and don't particularly like doing that either. :lol Thanks though!

Then you are correct - this isn't for you.

We all need to know our strengths. I will not even begin a pattern that HAS to be sewn. if there is no way around it ... I ain't going there :wlol

Then you are correct - this isn't for you.

We all need to know our strengths. I will not even begin a pattern that HAS to be sewn. if there is no way around it ... I ain't going there :wlol

Absolutely! It really boils down to the fact that I don't like making afghans. I see all these pretty afghan patterns and want to make them. Then I start them and get bored after a few hours. :blush

I got that newsletter and liked that pillow also. Some teenage girls might like polka dots if they're done in colors they choose. And I considered doing in with a green background to make a "flower garden" like Real Deal suggested above. Great way to use all those scraps!!

I saw that and considered it for an afghan. I was organizing my yarn and found about 7 different colors of almost full skein. And I need to make an afghan for my friend for Christmas and I don't think she would mind too much if it was polka dot... she just loves afghans.

The joining doesn't bother me too much.

It's the weaving in of ends. There would be 2 of the color and 2 of the white: 4 ends to weave in. Usually I choose to sew then one of those ends can be used to sew and weave in. I still have my famous Babette to weave in (it's put away for now--finished it when it wasgetting too hot to work on an afghan).

I saw that too. I thought the squares might be small for an afghan, but it looks like you could add an extra round to the square (like a granny sq.) to make it bigger. I would definitely do a join as you go. If you make the center yellow, then a color they would look like flowers.

Ellie 13

Archived