Knit Your Bit 2010

ratdog

I just committed to two more afghans for veterans, but I will try to make a scarf. It's a nice "carry around" project. I will also send the link to my youngest daughter who likes to knit. She's in the army & I'm sure would help!

Oh, my, last year I did 20 scarves for vets in nursing homes and this year my project is 20-30 monthly hats for the military hospitals for their newborns.

I'll have to look around and see if I have a scarf made up already as I'm in the year end crunch for the baby hats. Thank you for sharing this site. I have it marked.

I just finished knitting a scarf for them last week, and love the new seaman's scarf pattern. This is one of my favorite groups to crochet for. I've sent two large boxes the past two years. It's a great way to use up the one extra skein of yarn leftover, plus a scarf is fast, and for me, it's a great way to honor the memory of my dad, a decorated WWII vet. Win-win-win!!

Patty

I love the V for Victory scarf, and it looks easy enough for even for total beginners like me! Nice that there's no deadline, so I can keep working on this without worrying.

Stupid question: for the care instructions, do I just write down what's on the yarn label?

I'm going to try for at least one!

I have one ready to mail tomorrow. Thank you for posting this great charity. I did the "V" for Victory scarf. :crocheting

Propchik, it is an easy one. Fast, too. For the care instructions, what I did was photocopy the yarn label, making it larger so that it's more legible. I then cut out just the washing instructions and attached it to the scarf with a small piece of yarn. I also wrote a "Thank You" on the back of the label. :)

I love the V for Victory scarf, and it looks easy enough for even for total beginners like me! Nice that there's no deadline, so I can keep working on this without worrying.

Stupid question: for the care instructions, do I just write down what's on the yarn label?

I'm going to try for at least one!

That's what I did...I just copied what was on the label.

I did the V for Victory scarf and it's very easy! :c9 I had yarn to use up, so I did it in squares. If you look at my blog, the picture of it is right at the top.

I finished my first V For Victory scarf! :cheer

Followed the pattern, but it seems awfully short for a scarf. It's about 36" long. Is that too little? It goes around my neck, so I'm thinking to send it anyway. My own fault -- I started with the skein of Loops & Threads Impeccable, which is a little smaller than the skein of Red Heart Super Soft that the pattern calls for. I was afraid I would run out of yarn before completing the end V, so I didn't add any rows into the middle. Oh, well. The next one will be longer! (I bought enough to make three!)

Thanks for the encouragement, everybody!

Archived