Fair Winner

catheryn

This finished piece measures 2 1/2 inches by 2 3/4 inches....one stitch over one thread on 40 count silk gauze. The finished piece contains 10,353 stitches in that small an area. My recent blindness as a result of completing this paid off, tho, because it captured Best of Show in the cross stitch division at the Laramie County Fair this past week.

post-5693-135897563906_thumb.jpg

post-5693-135897563909_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is stunning!

I know what you mean about the blindness. A few years ago, I bought a kit for a counted cross stitch picture. Small thing, maybe 4"x6", $10. I loved the detail, but I didn't realize how small the gauge of the canvas was until I started to work on it, and some of the colors of the thread were so close that it was difficult to tell apart. So I bought an Ott floor lamp, and that really helped to ID the different colors. Then I still had trouble with the counting of the spaces, so I had to buy the magnifying arm to go on the Ott light. So I spent around $150 on the Ott light & magnifier so that I could do the $10 needlework kit ...... but, hey, I have the Ott light now and it has really come in handy!

... So I spent around $150 on the Ott light & magnifier so that I could do the $10 needlework kit ....

:rofl That sounds just like something I would do! DH is always looking at me like I'm nuts, so it's nice to know somebody else thinks like me! :rofl

Catheryn, the art work is gorgeous! Congratulations on your win! You deserved it!

:cheer

Archived