KNIT PICKS NEW YARNS

deneen

They drove me absolutely NUTS last week because of this! I had wanted to put in an order for some of the Dancing while it was still at the reduced "sale" price (which was set to expire Friday), and had to wait until the absolute last minute (waiting for that paycheck, lol!). Then they suddenly exploded with all these additional yarn choices!!! I couldn't afford to get them all, will get a few each order, but I am ordering color cards for all their yarn lines. Hopefully that will help me to cut down on the amount of time it takes me to make a decision and put an order through (this order took 3 days of browsing their catalogs and website, and list-making). I can't say it will help me cut down on the size of my orders though :eek You'll get to find out just how crazed I am when my order arrives and I post a pic of the mountain of yarn on my blog... :hook

I think I've given up entirely on the idea of eating for the rest of the year. :blush Sure is good for the waistline though! :lol

some of them aren't available until October... I am definitely interested in a few of them! Eep!

Hi, xantha, I was wondering where you found the info about some of the yarns not being available until October; I couldn't find that info. Need to know which yarns I have to wait for ...:(

I came across them yesterday when I was making an order. Since I was already ordering quite a bit, I had to limit myself to one hank of the new lace yarn. I can't wait to see it! I also got some alpaca cloud, wool, and shimmer. :cheer

Hi, xantha, I was wondering where you found the info about some of the yarns not being available until October; I couldn't find that info. Need to know which yarns I have to wait for ...:(

They list it on the page where you select the colors you want -- if you don't see it, then it's in stock (and you'll see that in your shopping cart as well).

I swear I saw a few that weren't available until Oct, but maybe I misread and it was 10 Aug instead of 8 Oct or something... :blush

I have some yarn that need purchasing but I am on hold for now... eep!

I swear I saw a few that weren't available until Oct, but maybe I misread and it was 10 Aug instead of 8 Oct or something... :blush

You know, I could've sworn the same thing, but I just went and looked and it looked like all the new ones were available now. :huh

You know, I could've sworn the same thing, but I just went and looked and it looked like all the new ones were available now. :huh

Well, I feel better now! :D Maybe I'm not going crazy, or if I am, at least I have company! :lol

I know they're not from the most recent addition, but... just recieved some of the Paint Your Own and Shadow. WOW. So soft and fine and pretty...

Deneen.....they continue to torture me.....:drool:goodorbad Why oh why did I sign up for the email newsletter? And why do I keep going back there to torture MYSELF???!!!

Jessi-I am with you. I keep saying I will put $30 aside and order some yarn from them, but then I buy stuff locally or on eBay for the instant gratification! I get their snail mail catalog too, so I can flip through it any time!:eek

boy oh boy, you guys!! Now I"M Drooling too, and I saw a few things my secret pal might like (hubby can't argue that one can he?? :lol) I signed up for their catalogue so I can circle some Christmas ideas for hubby :lol I think I"m going to order a few things, mostly for my secret pal though, cause even though I like the natural fibers, handwash just isn't something I would have time to do (not with working all night and sleeping a little in the day and chasing the kids around too). Buy boy I'd love to make some things as gifts for people who do have the time. I added a few things to my "knitpicks" wish list though (I'm not sure if thats viewable or what, but hey, it saves my info right?? :lol)

My shipment came in Tuesday! :clap

3 hanks of alpaca cloud...yum

1 hank of shimmer, in the grape and green colorway (can't recall the name)...so pretty, with a hint of, uh, shimmer

1 hank of the new laceweight, shadow...it's about the same weight as the shimmer (little thicker than the alpaca), and has lovely gradual changes to the hue throughout. It's going to make a bee-yoo-teeful scarf.

Also got some wool yarn for Christmas presents, a pattern for 3 knit scarves, Stitch n Bitch handbook, all for under 50 bucks. Gotta love a deal like that.

My shipment came in Tuesday! :clap

3 hanks of alpaca cloud...yum

1 hank of shimmer, in the grape and green colorway (can't recall the name)...so pretty, with a hint of, uh, shimmer

1 hank of the new laceweight, shadow...it's about the same weight as the shimmer (little thicker than the alpaca), and has lovely gradual changes to the hue throughout. It's going to make a bee-yoo-teeful scarf.

Also got some wool yarn for Christmas presents, a pattern for 3 knit scarves, Stitch n Bitch handbook, all for under 50 bucks. Gotta love a deal like that.

PJ, how do you like the Alpaca Cloud? I've been thinking of getting some. Is it kind of like mohair?

Okay, you can forget the flood warnings, I finally caved. I was having a really bad day and haven't ordered any yarn in a long time, so why not?

I got...

1 hank of Sock Landscape in Rocky Mountain Dusk

1 ball of Suri Dream in Blueberry

2 skeins of Andian Silk in Hyacinth (Christmas present in the works)

1 hank of Gossamer in Caribbean

1 ball each of Essential in Dusk, Pumpkin and Burgundy

1 ball of Wool of the Andes in Iron Ore

and the Heart Hoodie Pullover, I still have to figure out what to use because I don't want to use the handwash Sparkles yarn.

I want to combine the Iron Ore with a ball of Sock Garden - Zinnia that I have to make the felted hat. If that works out well I'll do a few more of them for presents in different colors.

Anne, have you used the Andean Silk before? It's my absolute favorite yarn ever. I want to stash it so that if it's someday unavailable, I'll have enough to last my whole life and pass on to potential children. I know, I'm obsessive.

Anne, have you used the Andean Silk before? It's my absolute favorite yarn ever. I want to stash it so that if it's someday unavailable, I'll have enough to last my whole life and pass on to potential children. I know, I'm obsessive.

LMAO, no, I haven't used it yet. Sounds like I've stumbled on something good :D

LOL! That's how I feel about just about ALL of their yarn, hehe! But especially the laceweights. :manyheart I'm dying to check out the new ones!

It figures they'd come out with a whole bunch of new yarns just as I go too broke to buy... :(

Archived