Pretty in Pink Dip-Dyed Halter & hairflowers

CroshayQueen

You all know I love the gurly things best;) hee hee... I freehand crocheted this set from mercerized cotton, then dip-dyed it in Rit for the shading effects(was fairly easy, arms just get tired!LOL)

Then I added crocheted flowers in haindpainted chenille, vines, leaves and button centers to the neckline and cascading down the pants leg..all hand-sewn applique work.....ack! Monster work:hook I crocheted more flowers and hot glued them to barretts, they are super easy and you can get the barretts any size at Michael's:D

(if the photos look "wonky", it's beacause I used the oil-paint effect in photoshop, special for Grandma;))

Hey ya'll!... important question... Would you use a patten if it contained sewn parts such as lining or an underskirt(such as in this set?) It's simple, basic sewing technique, it's just that the underskirt really makes the halter flare out more, really cute:D

WebPinkDREAMDipDyeSet1-vi.jpgWebPinkDREAMDipDyeSet3-vi.jpgWebPinkDREAMDipDyeSet5-vi.jpgWebPinkDREAMDipDyeSet2-vi.jpgWebPinkDREAMDipDyeSet4-vi.jpg

that is just darling i love the colors..can i loan my daughters out to you so you can make them cute outfits? LOL j/k .I'd love a pattern like that.(i love making things for my DD's). i think that the pattern wouldn't be too hard if it was just sewing things on.. but i know how to sew so i may not be the best person to ask... sorry if that didn't help much. :blush

What a beautiful little girl..........shes gorgeous!!

back to the subject, the halter is really beautiful aswell, and if it involves just a little sewing i would be ok, i dont do much sewing LOL

People who sew would be okay with this. People who don't would not. I just don't know how many crocheters sew. It sure is handy because it is the best way to understand design concepts.

I am the world's slowest crocheter. It would take a decade to complete all the outfits you have shared with this board. Bravo!

EugeneClarence

That is a beautiful set! One of my favorites so far. (I'm trying to figure out how many I can say that to. :wink) I don't sew very much at all. If I saw a pattern that involved sewing with the crochet -- especially on clothing items as my experience there is very limited -- I would probably look for something else or see if I could just improvise somehow. It's something I still want to learn, but for now . . . Your work is just beautiful though. :clap

that is just darling i love the colors..can i loan my daughters out to you so you can make them cute outfits? LOL j/k .I'd love a pattern like that.(i love making things for my DD's). i think that the pattern wouldn't be too hard if it was just sewing things on.. but i know how to sew so i may not be the best person to ask... sorry if that didn't help much. :blush

Thanks! No really, ANY creative criticism helps me, you guys will all be my customers right?!LOL I need to know what you all will love to make the best;):hook

People who sew would be okay with this. People who don't would not. I just don't know how many crocheters sew. It sure is handy because it is the best way to understand design concepts.

I am the world's slowest crocheter. It would take a decade to complete all the outfits you have shared with this board. Bravo!

EugeneClarence

LOL! No, not a lifetime, but then I spend almost all of my time crocheting each day, I guess that's why it seems like alot...I feel like I work in a sweatshop sometimes!:( LOL

Thanks my dear, your compliments are very inspiring:D

That is a beautiful set! One of my favorites so far. (I'm trying to figure out how many I can say that to. :wink) I don't sew very much at all. If I saw a pattern that involved sewing with the crochet -- especially on clothing items as my experience there is very limited -- I would probably look for something else or see if I could just improvise somehow. It's something I still want to learn, but for now . . . Your work is just beautiful though. :clap

Thanks sweetie! Maybe as far as pattern books go, I will leave out the sewing and keeping it only with my custom orders:hook

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!

As for sewing part.. I know when I was first picking up my hook about 12 years ago (was when i learned to read patterns) I steered clear of sewing.. all i wanted to do was crochet. You could always give alt. methods in a pattern? I think that would be awesome... I wish I could sew but never learned... so even now only basic sewing is what I can handle and I would much rather crochet! lol

Archived