Garden Party Sun Hat

kookaloo_starr

My friend Carol made me a sunhat recently and I loved it so much I had to make myself another one to the same pattern :D

it's the Garden Party hat from My Little City Girl.

I used a mystery slub cotton from my stash and a 3.75mm hook. I haven't decided if I'm adding any embellishment to it as yet,though my Beloved says I ought to add some ribbon :)

post-14036-135897542353_thumb.jpg

Your hat looks great!

I started one for my granddaughter but couldn't get the size to come out right. Either too big or too small. It's in hibernation now, got sick of frogging, but I will get back to it someday. I just love the pattern.

Very nice hat!! I like the yarn!! I too have that pattern, but haven't tried it yet. Your's looks so nice that I should give it a try as dh and I are invited to a "4th of July pool party"and will be in need of a "sun hat"!! :hot:lol

Gorgeous hat! I agree with the person who said you should have a party. I'm in CA & it isn't quite summer here yet either. The weather has been mostly way below normal. But I won't complain because I had a major back operation a few weeks ago & I have to wear a hot plastic brace until September....

I absolutely love that hat and you did a great job on it.

I do think that it is one pattern that really cries for embellishments... so whatta you gonna add :think

:wlol

• 2 weeks later...
I absolutely love that hat and you did a great job on it.

I do think that it is one pattern that really cries for embellishments... so whatta you gonna add :think

:wlol

probably a sunflower :D

I've also finished a winter version from Noro sock yarn :manyheart

post-14036-135897546978_thumb.jpg

Your hat looks great!

I started one for my granddaughter but couldn't get the size to come out right. Either too big or too small. It's in hibernation now, got sick of frogging, but I will get back to it someday. I just love the pattern.

I had the same problem either too big or too small. I used the yarn they recommended and it came out giagantic so I ripped it and did it again with a smaller hook and it still came out to big. The one Kookaloo made came out a lot nicer than mine did. If you do try it again don't use the recommended yarn.

Archived