What would you like?

What random gift would you like to find somewhere?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What random gift would you like to find somewhere?

• Amigurumi
    • Other toy/animal
    • Something with a use
    • A potholder
    • Hat or scarf
    • Other article of clothing
    • Other

What great ideas! I had actually thought to start keeping my knit & crochet dishcloths in the car so that I can leave the waitress's one with their tip when we go to sit down restaurants.

i think that would be ok as long as you leave a note that it's a gift and not a hint!!

Ha! Yeah...good idea! I figured I would leave some kind of little note thanking them for their great service.

Still thinking about this~just WOW! Love the ideas of sooo many things~dishcloths, small dolls or teddy bears, hats, a necklace, those swiffer covers or broom handle dusters, *market bags* or totes or a small purse, even a shawl if ya had the inkling... Really, the possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!!!! Still LOVE IT! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

ETA that I LOVED that toy society link as well! Would love another such blog set up that includes a greater variety of projects and maybe even charitable donations and opportunities....

This is such a sweet idea! My daughter and I are thinking about doing it with amigurumi. I like the potholder idea, bookmarks in the library...oh heck I like all the ideas. Right now we are trying to decide on some sort of tag to leave with each one. For ami's I'm thinking something like "If you found me, I'm not lost". Any suggestions for messages on the tags? Depending on what you make the message could be different.

"The Toy Society" blog is very cool the way people who find items post about it. The stories are so cute.

This last winter I made 20 scarves out of scrap yarn and added a little tag that said Merry Christmas and hung them on a bush next to where the homeless frequent. My husband said I was thoughtful but sort of weird.

The next day when we drove by the same place, there was a big hand written sign that said "THANK YOU AND BLESS YOU!" :)

This last winter I made 20 scarves out of scrap yarn and added a little tag that said Merry Christmas and hung them on a bush next to where the homeless frequent. My husband said I was thoughtful but sort of weird.

The next day when we drove by the same place, there was a big hand written sign that said "THANK YOU AND BLESS YOU!" :)

That's so sweet! :manyheart

Oh my, what a wonderful story! :D

And I love that Toy Society blog. I bookmarked it so I can go back when I am feeling down. Kind of like a "see, there are nice people in the world" pick-me-up. :manyheart

• 4 weeks later...

Flowers seem to be my forte so I would leave flowers...

When my Mom was in the hospital she taught the nurses to crochet hats (beanies) for the soldiers. She sent tons of them to them overseas. That & the Cross in my pocket plastic canvas.

When she saw the flowers I made her she adored them but she had to share them with her friends there too. The lily of the valley was her favorite. Now that she is gone it seems most natural to pass on her gifts of crochet...

Something with a use is in the lead (with amigurumi in the following :manyheart)

What sort of useful thing would people like?

I feel like people might find it somewhat suspicious to find, say, dishcloths for free somewhere. Or left on their doorstep.

Coasters. You can never have too many. Nice tightly stitched absorbent ones. I wish I one on my desk right now -- better go make one!

Coasters. You can never have too many. Nice tightly stitched absorbent ones. I wish I one on my desk right now -- better go make one!

Don't you just love the convenience of being able to crochet nearly anything?

Like, "Oh, my neck is so cold!"

"Here! I just made you a scarf!"

:lol:lol:lol

Archived