In MAY 2010

Lesalicious

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice scarves Lindsay. Wow, you really hit a stride! I like the extra touch of the flowers. I'll bet the place that receives these LOVES to see you coming!!

Thanks for the nice comments on my scarves!:D I have a picture of my MP3 bag now too it is here!

I am off to:hooktoday as I was really busy with computer stuff yesterday and my eyes are tired :eekand I want to crochet and listen to an audio book! I hope everyone has a good weekend!:)

How is everyone doing woth their lists?

I am slogging through my two giant granny blankets. I have the first one (the adult sized one) almost done except for the edging so it has been set aside until I feel like tackling that (I am going to edge it with pre cut latch hook wools and a latch tool for a fringed look and it is kind of a slow job!:lol)

I have just started my second blankettoday (which is going to be a baby blanket) and it is going OK and looks fresh in spring greens and yellows but I don't have any pictures to share yet as I am still working on it! :crocheting

I hope you are all doing well with your lists for May? Yesterday we went to the library and when she stamped out our books/audio books the library assistant said look at that they are due back on June 1st three weeks today. The months go by so fast!:eek

Well I finished the purse for my daughter's birthday can't post pictures because I have to get a new camera since my is broken.

I am going to try to finish my very first project ever (afghan) and possibly start a new project by the end of this month.

Update....well I finally made it to the store for some white RRSS for the scarf and I did up the base row.....:eek I've got ti get busy!!

Well update on my end the blanket is almost finished I am edging it now and then I have to weave in the ends and then it is set to give him in July when he will have his graduation party and then it's no more blankets until maybe August when I start on my kids Christmas presents. Now I am also working on the youngest's pillow for her birthday then for Christmas I will make her a matching blanket to go with the pillow I'm sure I will be making two blankets since I didn't make the oldest a blanket yet either.

Well I finished the purse for my daughter's birthday can't post pictures because I have to get a new camera since my is broken.

:cheerGood work on getting the purse for your daugher finished!:) Don't talk to me about cameras:angry ours is so old is sucks batteries down like they cost nothing and I desperately want an easier to use camera which I can charge via the computer like I do with my MP3 player but it has to wait until I have some spare cash! So it will be the existing camera forever at this rate!!!:D

Ashee - good luck with your first afghan once you start making them you will love them I am addicted!:hook

Smith - getting the wool and getting the project on the hook is half the battle I am sure you will make some progress!:D

M Reid - good work on your husband's blanket finish I am glad he likes it feel free to share a picture if you have one I love to see other people's blankets!:)

Faith - Great you are getting ahead with your blanket and can take a break from blanket making until the end of the summer the only disadvantage of crocheting blankets in the summer is they can be warm to have drapped on your lap!:blush:blush:blush It sounds like you are going to be busy in the next few months but at least there is thes CAL for encouragement!:cheer

I have reached the edging stage with my baby blanket too now so hopefully I will have some pictures to share by the start of the week! Bye for now and I hope everyone gets some crochet time during the weekend!:clap

i know exactly what you mean about afghans being addicting, its an effort not to get my books out and start a new one. but i promised myself that these have to be finished before starting new ones.

This month I finished a mini sandcastle purse for my little sister. I've mostly been working on a baby blanket for a cousins baby. I think I have about 1 skein worth of work left on it and then the trim, but I ran out of the yarn and the rest is back home. I'll be home on Monday and will be able to continue with it then!

Update: I had to take a break from crocheting my hands felt like they were going to fall off lol. Guess I haven't gotten used to holding the hook and all. I use plastic hooks because that is what was given to me and is all I have. Does having a different hook make a difference? If so I may have to invest in some different hooks.

Well today I finished the blanket I made the edge and I weaved in the ends fiance said you should sell a blanket on ebay for $100 I said no way it took me three months to make this blanket because I am such a perfectionist when it comes to crocheting my work. I want the blanket to be line up neatly. Ok I know that's crazy but that's me.

I just learned how to slip stitch (not difficult once I figured out what it meant) which means I can work in rounds! I am working on my first pattern right now and I really excited! Sorry I am just really proud of myself.

Update: I had to take a break from crocheting my hands felt like they were going to fall off lol. Guess I haven't gotten used to holding the hook and all. I use plastic hooks because that is what was given to me and is all I have. Does having a different hook make a difference? If so I may have to invest in some different hooks.

YEA!! :clap It fun when you get to add fun stuff to your hobby!! Have you tried the thick handle hooks or bamboo handles? I the they run like $6

Well today I finished the blanket I made the edge and I weaved in the ends fiance said you should sell a blanket on ebay for $100 I said no way it took me three months to make this blanket because I am such a perfectionist when it comes to crocheting my work. I want the blanket to be line up neatly. Ok I know that's crazy but that's me.

That is awesome that he admires your work so much!

This month I finished a mini sandcastle purse for my little sister. I've mostly been working on a baby blanket for a cousins baby. I think I have about 1 skein worth of work left on it and then the trim, but I ran out of the yarn and the rest is back home. I'll be home on Monday and will be able to continue with it then!

blah! Love it when that happens...

i know exactly what you mean about afghans being addicting, its an effort not to get my books out and start a new one. but i promised myself that these have to be finished before starting new ones.

:blush me too!

I WILL get crochet time in this weekend! I am trying to figure out this ribbon square, lordy I know I've done it in the past but it just isn't coming together for me.

I love my metal hooks. They just glide through the yarn. I tried plastic hooks once and to me they felt kind of sticky with the yarn..I think it just depends on one's preference though.:yarn

MReid - I LOVE making afghans/blankets they are the main thing I make even after 3/4 years of crocheting (I am not quick to branch out!:lol) A crocheted table cloth sounds lovely is it in thread?

JohnsPrincess - What is a minisandcastle purse it sounds amazing!:)

Ashee - I use mostly metal hooks now as I get sweaty hands so the plastic ones squeak.:lol I have also tried wooden hooks which feel gorgeous but I did manage to snap the hook part off of one of them!:think I must be hard on hooksor something!:hook To learn something new I use You Tube videos they really help as you can actually watch the person's hands as they do the stitch or whatever!

Faith - Well done on finishing your blanket. Finishing something when your a perfectionist is hard. I am slap dash about projects but my sister likes everything to be perfect and it is stressful if you are like that!:blush It is a great compliment that your partner thinks you should sell it but keep it for yourself and enjoy all your hard work!:)

I have finished another granny blanket myself for an older child/young teen and this one has some little foam charms attached to 5 of the squares (I wanted to try something new and interesting but it is more odd looking than interesting!:lol Oh Well!) I have also made some flowers to attach to my latest blanket they are part regular wool/yarn and part left over embroidery threads! I like the way they turned out and now they are ready for my latest blanket!

lindsay I love those flowers! They turned out great....

I have to check in to say I have finished my special olympic scarf!! Nothing too exciting, just a dc/hdc....

Well I didn't end up making the doll for my youngest daughter's birthday she wanted a pillow instead but I did get the rest of the list done this month. Haven't done much crocheting in the last couple of days my wrist has hurt too badly so am taking a little break from it.

So I finished a project using a pattern ( I couldn't wait any longer to try it out) and I am getting closer to finishing my afghan but I am afraid I won't be able to finish it this month but I do feel some sense of accomplishment.

lindsay I love those flowers! They turned out great....

I have to check in to say I have finished my special olympic scarf!! Nothing too exciting, just a dc/hdc....

Thank you for the nice comment... I think I will make more of those flowers sometime!:) I have finished the blanket I was making them for now too it is here.

Well done on your sepcial olympic scarf finish any pictures?:D

Well I didn't end up making the doll for my youngest daughter's birthday she wanted a pillow instead but I did get the rest of the list done this month. Haven't done much crocheting in the last couple of days my wrist has hurt too badly so am taking a little break from it.

:clap Good for you getting your list for May finished! I hope your wrist gets better soon!:hook

Archived