In MAY 2010

Lesalicious

I seen the April one and since April will be over soon. Thought for those that would like to start the In May one.

For me it's coming up close to June and I am trying to finish my mom's Tropico afghan before her bday in June. So to having this crochetalong may just have me push right though these projects.

So what do everyone like to try to finish or work on in May?

Show pictures and update if you like as you work on your projects.

1) Finish my mom bday Tropico afghan

2) Finish my blue and black afghan (Its in my avatar)

And YOU?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will have my list up and going after my classes are over thanks Lesa for starting this one. I normally would have started it but I am so exhausted from studying for classes. So I am glad to see someone else has started this Cal.

Opps my fault didn't know that this was a monthly thing I just started back posting on here this week. Been gone due to some family problems and I guess I was way to excited to get back to crocheting. Sorry

Opps my fault didn't know that this was a monthly thing I just started back posting on here this week. Been gone due to some family problems and I guess I was way to excited to get back to crocheting. Sorry

No don't apologize I am just glad that you jumped in I appreciate it more than you know with going to school now. I will not have much time anymore to host a Cal. So Lesa don't feel bad I am just glad you started it. Granted I will still be in some cals just not as much time as I use to have.

No don't apologize I am just glad that you jumped in I appreciate it more than you know with going to school now. I will not have much time anymore to host a Cal. So Lesa don't feel bad I am just glad you started it. Granted I will still be in some cals just not as much time as I use to have.

Thanks for doing the hosting so far this year Faith and thank you Lesa for taking over the hosting I really like this CAL it makes me set goals and get things done and spend less time thinking 'what should I do now'!!!:hook I will think about my list and come back in a bit to write it up!:)

Well ok since we is so close to May I am so trying to get this afghan done it is so hard.

The picture below is what I have so far but, I have more squares since I've taken this picture.

I found this afghan in a cross stitching magazine that I thought I can make into a crochet afghan instand so wish me luck. I will connect the squares I have done by the end of the weekend and have a update.:) Off I go to make at least 10 squares today.

post-10412-135897525883_thumb.jpg

post-10412-135897525886_thumb.jpg

Well I think tomorrow I will work on my list going to gather it together tonight. I am just so glad school is done for the semester now to wait to see what will happen to my financial aid for The Spring/Summer semester though only taking 3 classes this coming semester.

I have a list and darn it, I am going to stick to it! :angry

--8 granny squares of various sizes 6-12 inch

--finish white/lt blue rectangle granny 5/2/10 :yay

--red/white scarf for special olympics 5-21-10 :cheer

--homespun granny to finish

--v-stich baby blanket 5/2/10 :yay

dh is going out of town/country for all but 5 days of May so I hope to finish something!

Size 30 thread purse? that must be fantastic!!

I did stick to my list and look what I finally finished up.....v-stitch baby blanket and rectangle granny....:c9 Now I am going to dig out my box for the homespun and start red/white scarf. A girl cannot just have one project! :lol

post-17683-13589752695_thumb.jpg

post-17683-135897526956_thumb.jpg

I did stick to my list and look what I finally finished up.....v-stitch baby blanket and rectangle granny....:c9 Now I am going to dig out my box for the homespun and start red/white scarf. A girl cannot just have one project! :lol

Well done at getting some things ticked off your list so soon!:cheer

1. New Cover/Case For My MP3 Player. Finished here
  2. Finish/Fix Up The Crocheted Bag Project Mum Abandoned To Me Last Week When It Got Too Big!:lolFinished here
  3. Assemble, Sew Up, Attach Flowers and Border 9 Scarves That Are Currently WIPs! Finished here, here, here, here & here.
  4. Make Two Granny Blankets. Finished here & here
  5. Make More Granny Squares (Hopefully With Scrap Wool!) I Still have time for some of these... and I will add this to my list for June!
  6. Try Making Some Small Items For Charity Tissue Holders or Little Bags etc.I will add this to my list for June!
  7. Try One Idea From The Selection In My Clippings Book Or Favourites. Finished (Blogged Here)
  8. Do Something With The Bag Of Embroidery Threads Mum Gave Me When She Cleaned Out Her Craft Stuff! Started Here I will add this to my list for June!

Well that list should be enough to get my :hookout!:eek:D

Well I am going to keep my list short this month

1. work on afghan for graduation present

2. make a purse for daughter's 10th birthday

3. make a doll for my youngest daughter for her birthday

might add more if I get the things done on my list.

For May I'm going to continue working on...

1. My husbands graphghan of Elvis for his birthday

2. A baby blanket I'm making for my baby due in June

3. A wooleaters afghan that I started for the House CAL

4. A scrap rug made from tshirts

5. I'd like to make a cocoon and hat set for the baby, but I haven't found a good pattern yet, so if you have any I'll take some suggestions!

1 finish girlie girl afghan

2. make at least one scarf for winter special olympics....2 would be even better!

3. have at least 100 more squares done for my sisters quiltghan

4. finish wave afghan

5. finish my H bag.

6. finish 2nd H bag lol

Going on a trip for 10 days. I usually do most of the driving so not gonna be a lot of time for crocheting. Hope to get a bit done at night when we stop.

5/22 haven't finished a single one of the above...but I have a baby blanket done and should finish the matching doll blanket done very soon..started them yesterday :hook

The holey afghan is close to being done too..and I didn't have it on the list either

1 finish girlie girl afghan

2. make at least one scarf for winter special olympics....2 would be even better!

3. have at least 100 more squares done for my sisters quiltghan

4. finish wave afghan

5. finish my H bag.

6. finish 2nd H bag lol

Going on a trip for 10 days. I usually do most of the driving so not gonna be a lot of time for crocheting. Hope to get a bit done at night when we stop

okay im jumping in.......

i want to finish current doily, decide on a pattern for my first tablecloth. finish first communion blanket. add some length to hubbies blanket from last year, a doily for a friend, and finish a few doilies that ill have to rip out , they were my first attempt at winging it.

wow this is alot. can we carry over into june? good news is that of may 13th im on vacation for 10 days.

Instead of finishing my projects, I started a few :think, but I really need to finish #1. :yes

1. Shimmering Lace Dress - this is the third month that I've been working on this dress. The love knots are beautiful though.

2. Barcelona Jacket.

3. Obligatory Lace Scarf.

4. Juliet scarf.

5. Marguerite Beret. Need to rip it back to a smaller size.

6. Heather Hoodie - still working on it.

Susan,

I know I am a little late to the party, but I really like that V stitch baby afghan. A good marriage of pattern and yarn choices.

The rectangle granny's square isn't chopped liver, but the V stitch just caught my eye! Thanks for sharing, and WELL DONE!

I have made myself a new bag/case for my MP3 player but I managed to lose the picture from the last batch I downloaded so I will need to try for another picture later!?:think

Meantime I have assembled, sewn on flowers and edged the 9 scarves that were WIPs! They are scarves #9-#17 on my blog! Clearing that lot sure made lots of space in my work basket!:clap

Archived