Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Cara~I may have missed it but is the angel ghan a quilt ghan or a graph?

I can't wait to see all of your angels.

BTW~I didn't forget your rug yarn, Cara. I will get it out, promise. My hours got cut which isn't really a good thing but times stink right now for everyone. It will give me more time for :hook though.

Hiya Tabby!! :hi The angel is a quilt ghan. Here's the graph. Some of us are gonna start it on February 1st :hook You can join in since you have more hook time :devil Take your time on the rug yarn. No hurry. I have a boatload of it :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hiya Tabby!! :hi The angel is a quilt ghan. Here's the graph. Some of us are gonna start it on February 1st :hook You can join in since you have more hook time :devil Take your time on the rug yarn. No hurry. I have a boatload of it :lol

OMGosh, that is beautiful. I can't believe you were able to design that out of squares. Love it! I may just have to join in on this.

Tabby - not sure if it helps you out (can't remember if you have transportation) but the census is hiring part-time people: http://census.2010.gov

Thank you! I heard about this & my friend was suppose to give me the number but keeps forgetting it. So, thanks a bunch I will definitely give it a look.

Linda, that means you can start this years Christmas presents, right? :devil

Tracy, that is downright mean. Give me at least a few months off! I've been at these since June and can't even think that far ahead yet.

Mary - 78 :eek more solids to report! My hands are sore and I think I may have melted part of my hook :lol Only 24 more to make (tomorrow) and then I have todays plus that last few tomorrow to attach (only about 100 to attach :blush ) I might just get this beast done on time :D

Time to get some sleep and rest my hands :yes

Probably gonna use Caron One Pounder in Fisherman because I bought a ton of it to make another ghan that I ended up frogging. I have tons of the stuff :rofl

That will be perfect for the background!

OMGosh, that is beautiful. I can't believe you were able to design that out of squares. Love it! I may just have to join in on this.

Oh, please make the angel with us! :yes

Mary - 78 :eek more solids to report! My hands are sore and I think I may have melted part of my hook :lol Only 24 more to make (tomorrow) and then I have todays plus that last few tomorrow to attach (only about 100 to attach :blush ) I might just get this beast done on time :D

Wow! Super progress, Karen! :cheer

I worked on a scarf, then did two rounds on the Stitch Sampler, then made a few squares...I'm starting to sound like Wendy. :lol

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

The Stacked Cubes 'ghan is finished! Tails hid and everything. Wheeeee!!!!! Picture tomorrow.

Woo hoo!!! :h5:woo Can't wait to see it :hug

Karen - Wow! You're just a saltine making machine! :clap

And my baby blanket turned afghan is done as well :yay But I'm thinking I won't show a photo until after the contest deadline has passed. Paranoid I guess. :lol It was a lot of work just to figure it out let alone make it and I want to guard it til after the deadline :blush

Cara, glad you like it.

I'm on the last row of the border. However, it's getting dark so won't be able to take a picture until tomorrow. It's a lot of border, but I like the effect. We'll see what you all think of it. That's the last of the belated Christmas presents. Sigh! :hook

Thats fantastic :yay

Linda, that means you can start this years Christmas presents, right? :devil

:lol yeah what she said.

Time to get some sleep and rest my hands :yes

Karen you have done so well. :cheer

I worked on a scarf, then did two rounds on the Stitch Sampler, then made a few squares...I'm starting to sound like Wendy. :lol

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

:lol your getting heaps done, way to go. :cheer

The Stacked Cubes 'ghan is finished! Tails hid and everything. Wheeeee!!!!! Picture tomorrow.

Way to go Linda. :yay:woo

And my baby blanket turned afghan is done as well :yay But I'm thinking I won't show a photo until after the contest deadline has passed. Paranoid I guess. :lol It was a lot of work just to figure it out let alone make it and I want to guard it til after the deadline :blush

Cara thats fantastic. :yay I dont blame you in keeping it a secret until after the contest. Good luck.:hug

Tabby please join us in the Angel ghan.

Well I have been busy doing some rows on the LTK square, did 6 rows on the Tree of Life ghan, made 3 rainbow motifs and nearly half way through another mile a minute strip. I cant wait to start the Angel ghan. The Happy House will be full of Angels when we are done. :lol

Way to go, Cara! :yay:clap:yay Sounds like a good idea to keep it under wraps for a bit. :yes

We just woke up. It's raining, but it's too warm for it to turn to ice. Thank goodness. When we talked to John it was sleeting in the mountains last night. Brrrr! He'll be home this afternoon.

Happy crocheting. I'm going to crochet some saltines for the Painted Desert and maybe work at sewing some together today I think. While I'm on a roll, I'd like to get that one done, too.

Good morning ladies :flower

I'm up way too early for a Sunday. The idiots next door are cleaning up their yard....finally! There were beer cans and bottles and assorted garbage everywhere. On one hand I'm ticked because they woke us up so early. On the other hand I'm just glad they're cleaning it up. I can always have a nap later :rofl

I'm gonna start my February scarf today. I'm itching to start that angel! I haven't done a new quilt ghan in far too long :hook

Well I have been busy doing some rows on the LTK square, did 6 rows on the Tree of Life ghan, made 3 rainbow motifs and nearly half way through another mile a minute strip. I cant wait to start the Angel ghan. The Happy House will be full of Angels when we are done. :lol

Did you want to finish a WIP before starting the TOL? :tryme However, I see that you're cruising right along with some of them, so GOOD JOB!

Tracy, that is downright mean. Give me at least a few months off! I've been at these since June and can't even think that far ahead yet.

mmmm, okay, you may have a break for a couple of months. :yes It is time you made something for yourself. :hug:D

:yay Can't wait to see it.

Denise is back and having a nap. :D I got some lovely goodies. :drool And from the sounds of it, she had a VERY good time. Almost never came back. :lol

Denise is back and having a nap. :D I got some lovely goodies. :drool And from the sounds of it, she had a VERY good time. Almost never came back. :lol

Hooray for Denise and dad getting home safe and sound! :yay You got goodies? Ooooh do share piccies :D

mmmm, okay, you may have a break for a couple of months. :yes It is time you made something for yourself. :hug:D

Thank you for the break. And it is definitely time I made several somethings for myself. Finishing the Painted Desert is one of those somethings. And a quilt just for me. I got some lovely material at WM for one. Not the colors I'd normally choose for me, but they work for what I have in mind. :devil

Did you want to finish a WIP before starting the TOL? :tryme However, I see that you're cruising right along with some of them, so GOOD JOB!

:lol no didnt finish a old project but Im desperately trying to finish the rainbow. Thanks K

Oh Im glad they are back safely and they had a great time. :hug

Here it is:

DCP_1551.jpg

Finished size is 51" by 60".

Oh that is just gorgeous, the cubes just pop dont they. Linda well done. :clap :clap

Linda~It is stunning! You are amazing once again...the colors and border work perfectly together. :yay

I just got home and was so excited to see Linda's ghan. Must put away groceries and will be back. :)

Tracy ~ LP is adorable and I can't think of a better way to use your ATW. :c9 Your sister's stitch markers are wonderful and the yarn is lovely! Say Hi to Denise for us. :yes

Cara ~ I think it's a great idea to save pictures of your contest ghan for a while...but can't wait to see it! :D

Today has been lots of multi-tasking for me. Not sure where all this energy is coming from, though. :lol This evening is reserved for crocheting. :hook

Archived