Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A&P!!! :eek That's a nasty course. My sister's doing her pre-reqs for nursing school (nothing like changing careers at 40 years old :P) and I quiz her for her A&P. How anyone keeps all that in her head is beyond me :blink

I actually loved A&P and did well (got an A+ :D ). I think I did so well because I could eliminate the wrong answers on the multiple choice exams (and could pick out the right answer easily). Don't remember a whole bunch now but some of it I do. It was also fun because the prof was a hoot. An older Scottish guy who always had odd ways of telling us things. One example was "in the privacy of your own boudoir check out your ___" Or "pair up with your SO or someone else and check out how your ___ works" Odd "homework" assignments... His twisted humor amused me. Matched my juvenile sense of humor :lol

Linda, the crib quilt is so cute! Your work is wonderful. :c9

Julie ~ 7 grandchildren! I remember you told us a lot about Cam...how is he? Do you still have him with you a lot?

The grandcats are doing fine even with workmen remodeling their upstairs all week. Nothing seems to bother them and they love everyone. :lol After checking on them, I finished up my shopping - I think.

Hi to those I've missed. I'm going to crochet for a while until DH gets home from the airport. :hook

Good Morning Happy House Ladies. :) It's been so foggy here that I couldn't see the house across the street - or the street for that matter. :eek It's much better now and I must leave shortly for an appt. and to feed the grandcats. I will check in later...have a great day, everyone. :manyheart

It was horrible here today too :yes and HOT! We were over by the hospital today in the doctor's tower for sister's dr appt and we couldn't even see the big ol' hospital across the way :eek Never did clear up completely. Rained for a little bit.

Cara - HB absolutely LOVED A&P. He often sits and reads his old text JUST FOR FUN.. He's :loco, I'll tell ya! He never took a single note in that class - just sat there, hanging on the edge of his seat during classes and it was "in" his brain... :shrug Weirdo.

Okay that IS just weird :lol

Picture time for the completed Christmas Mice Crib Quilt:

DCP_1517.jpgDCP_1519.jpg

DCP_1521.jpgDCP_1523.jpg

Oh that is just TOO cute! Excellent job Linda :clap

I actually loved A&P and did well (got an A+ :D ). I think I did so well because I could eliminate the wrong answers on the multiple choice exams (and could pick out the right answer easily). Don't remember a whole bunch now but some of it I do. It was also fun because the prof was a hoot. An older Scottish guy who always had odd ways of telling us things. One example was "in the privacy of your own boudoir check out your ___" Or "pair up with your SO or someone else and check out how your ___ works" Odd "homework" assignments... His twisted humor amused me. Matched my juvenile sense of humor :lol

Now that sounds like a fun teacher indeed :lol

Every square inch of me hurts. Our day of me helping sister pretty much turned into more shopping. She always has to be going somewhere. She makes me tired :lol Bought more stuff I didn't really need :blush but it's nice to have for Christmas gifties. But that's IT period. Until we come back on Sunday just in time for Michael's blowout 6 hr sale complete with 15% off your entire purchase coupon :rofl :rofl

Every square inch of me hurts. Our day of me helping sister pretty much turned into more shopping. She always has to be going somewhere. She makes me tired :lol Bought more stuff I didn't really need :blush but it's nice to have for Christmas gifties. But that's IT period. Until we come back on Sunday just in time for Michael's blowout 6 hr sale complete with 15% off your entire purchase coupon :rofl :rofl

I got that one today too. Hmmm, I have a co-worker who's going to give birth in a couple of months. I've been thinking about an afghan for her, this might be a good time to go shopping.

Thank you everyone. I'm very pleased with it. It did turn out to be very cute. It's all packaged up and ready to be sent out tomorrow. I've got another box almost ready to go out, too. I just have to figure out how to wrap one more gift. I got a whole lot of tissue paper for padding things when I was out tonight. I took a 4 generation picture of Kim, her mom, her son, and her grandkids when we were in Texas in July and it turned out really well. I got 8" x 10" pictures made and I'll frame them for Jonathan & Shannon, John & Kim, and Kim's mom, Lou. I just have to figure out how to wrap up the frames so they survive the trip and the wrapping paper doesn't rip before time to open it.

Thank you everyone. I'm very pleased with it. It did turn out to be very cute. It's all packaged up and ready to be sent out tomorrow. I've got another box almost ready to go out, too. I just have to figure out how to wrap one more gift. I got a whole lot of tissue paper for padding things when I was out tonight. I took a 4 generation picture of Kim, her mom, her son, and her grandkids when we were in Texas in July and it turned out really well. I got 8" x 10" pictures made and I'll frame them for Jonathan & Shannon, John & Kim, and Kim's mom, Lou. I just have to figure out how to wrap up the frames so they survive the trip and the wrapping paper doesn't rip before time to open it.

What about foam? You could cut some small slits into it and slide the corners of the frames into the foam.

I didn't think about foam. I found some heavy paper to wrap it in inside the gift wrap. That should work. So got 2 boxes ready to ship out tomorrow and the Christmas stocking is going out, too. I'll have to figure out the box for DD in the morning. That's going to be interesting with so many odd shaped things to go inside it. Then I can start wrapping things for here and decorating the Christmas tree. And of course there are still two things to be finished up, the Stacked Cubes and the final filet piece. Never a dull moment. :lol :lol :lol

Linda that's gorgeous! Great job!

Karen, sounds like a fun prof! I remember mine was really really hot! And young!

Mine had a sort of Sean Connery look. Not too bad at all - not young though but still not to hard on the eyes... :D

Cara- take it easy there, that shopping can wear anyone out this time of year --- the long lines, no parking slots, pushing, shoving .... holy smokes, it's a nightmare out there this time of year .

Linda- I love the quilts-- very pretty !

Karen- you are certainly turning into a Square-making champion ! Good for you !

* Which quilt-ghan are you making ? and what colors ?

Mary- yep, I still have Cam, but the schedule has kinda changed around . I now have him mostly on the weekends .He is in 1st grade now, and also into boy scouts . His mom has a pretty serious boyfriend,so if my psychic abilities are correct, he will soon be Cam's new stepfather. He is so sweet and good to Cam, you don't know how thankful I am for that . He actually volunteered to be Cam's assistant room mother, since they couldnt find a mom who could do it, and he is also one of Cam's boy scout leaders. So, he has kinda stepped into my slot in Cam's life during the weekdays, like taking him to and from school, so I get him on the weekends. We still have lots of fun with him,and he's still more fun than a barrel of monkeys .

:cheerCongratulations, Karen. :hook

Linda, it sounds like you're really close to getting everything done and mailed. All your work is beautiful and the family picture idea is so special!

Good morning to everyone! :manyheart

:cheer for another 2000 Squares Winner! Please let me know if any changes need to be made. :)

Karen (econ-nerd) *** 2019

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Donna (sewnsew) 966

Val (Priszm) 806

Wendy (Aussie) ***711

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 671

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) ***627

Erin (EMedley) 541

Heather (hseger) 517

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 281

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Mary (Skysmom) *** 197

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Judy (judianne) 153

Dusti (rii698) *** 126

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Karen- you are certainly turning into a Square-making champion ! Good for you !

* Which quilt-ghan are you making ? and what colors ?

Here are the quilts I've made:

Four baby nine-block's (modified from Mel's pattern at the Happy house)

th_HPIM1697.jpg th_HPIM1563.jpg

th_HPIM1397.jpg th_HPIM1389.jpg

And my Around the World (which might be on Cara's page now or will be going up sometime)

th_HPIM1363.jpg

My current project is small - a checkerboard for a Christmas gift. I also have a bunch of left over saltines that I am going to put together into a couple more baby nine-patches (in several colors this time - not all blues or purples and such). That will happen in the new year I hope. For now I have oodles of little squares waiting around for mwe :D

I have a co-worker who's going to have a baby boy in a couple of months. I have the pattern for the baby rings MAM and I've been itching for a reason to make one. I'm planning on making it for my co-worker. That is, until I see Karen's baby 9 patches. Then I start wondering about maybe doing that one :lol Too many choices! :D

Archived