Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

Linda ~ The quilts are adorable! You did a beautiful job and I know they will be much appreciated. :c9 I love the stocking, too. You are so talented! :cheer

Cara, you've helped me solve a problem! We draw names on my family's side and my Dad drew my sister's name...he asked for my help and I've had a hard time coming up with just the right thing. I'll do a Spa Basket! Thank you! :manyheart

Glad to be of assistance :D

Linda - Those quilts came out fabulous!! :clap And the stocking is great! Did you make that up or did you find a pattern?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The stocking was done to match those done for the family by Kim's grandmother. :hug

Well it's just too cute for words :manyheart Wouldn't happen to have written down what you did, would you? :D

Mary, I made more saltines today and began joining them - but didn't write down how many I made. I DO know that my new, updated total of solid saltines is now 127, so.....

Well it's just too cute for words :manyheart Wouldn't happen to have written down what you did, would you? :D

I don't, but it won't be too hard to come up with some instructions. It's made of 15 3-round granny squares and 1 3-round granny triangle. Give me a few days.

I've reached the end of my ability to sew for today, so after getting Kim into bed I'm going to work on that final filet crochet piece some more. It's over half done now. We're watching the Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family channel. The third one is just starting.

I can't work on the doily tonight. I can't figure out how exactly to do the last round and it doesn't help that people won't stop calling. Ok, granted, the fact they are calling is a good thing, it's keeping me in my part time job. But dangit! I wanted to finish the doily tonight :lol

Linda, those are great! I love the stocking too!

Mom's ordered hotpads are done and gone! Woohoo!! I've got them on this thread.

They look fabulous Val! :clap

I don't, but it won't be too hard to come up with some instructions. It's made of 15 3-round granny squares and 1 3-round granny triangle. Give me a few days.

No rush. :hug I'm sure you have tons of things to do and I probably won't even do them until after Christmas anyway.

I can't work on the doily tonight. I can't figure out how exactly to do the last round and it doesn't help that people won't stop calling. Ok, granted, the fact they are calling is a good thing, it's keeping me in my part time job. But dangit! I wanted to finish the doily tonight :lol

Stupid jobs interferring with crochet time again :rolleyes

Howdy everyone :hi:flower

We put the tree up this a.m. Today is what we call "Zoe's Christmas acclimation day." :cat :ctreeAt the moment, she is asleep about 1/2 way up in the center of the tree. When DH gets home, I'll try to get a picture. Usually she leaves it alone after the first day or two, and then I decorate it. :lol

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :manyheart

Oh how cute would that be to see a pic of Zoe in the tree.

Picture time for me. Here are pictures of the Christmas stocking I did for Kim's cousin (I'll do 2 more after Christmas.), and the first three completed Christmas mice preemie quilts. The gal at church was very excited to hear about the quilts and will pick them up on Wednesday, so we don't have to get out in the cold.

DCP_1496.jpgDCP_1498.jpg

DCP_1500.jpgDCP_1501.jpg

Linda I love the stocking and the quilts. :clap

Mom's ordered hotpads are done and gone! Woohoo!! I've got them on this thread.

Wow you sure have been busy, everything looks fantastic. :clap

Mary, I made more saltines today and began joining them - but didn't write down how many I made. I DO know that my new, updated total of solid saltines is now 127, so.....

Judy great progress. :clap

Yes dont you hate it when work interferes with our crochet work.

I measured the baby ghan and it's only 15 by 17 at this point but I want it bigger, since I know they can use them to cover the isolettes....not sure how much bigger I'll make it, though. It's not goignt o be huge - that much I know. I pulled out the graph ghan again and want to get back to it.:hook

They look fabulous Val! :clap

No rush. :hug I'm sure you have tons of things to do and I probably won't even do them until after Christmas anyway.

I agree, Val, they are absolutely wonderful!

I don't know about tons to do, but certainly a lot yet to finish. Let's see there is [1] finish preemie quilts and the crib quilt (this week's goal); [2] the Stacked Cubes (this week and next week); [3] the final filet piece (this week and next); [4] blocking and fringe for Kim's shawl (after John's back); [5] backing and framing John's filet pieces (when John's on vacation); [6] making marmalade for Rosie's John (2 weeks from now); and [7] finishing, blocking, backing, wrapping, and mailing everything (week before Christmas). Hmmm....... :think .......... :eek Maybe that does qualify as a a ton of stuff yet to do.:rofl

I measured the baby ghan and it's only 15 by 17 at this point but I want it bigger, since I know they can use them to cover the isolettes....not sure how much bigger I'll make it, though. It's not goignt o be huge - that much I know. I pulled out the graph ghan again and want to get back to it.:hook

Judy, you do such lovely graph ghans. Which one is this?

Kim and I are off to a slow start this morning. The alarm went off at 9:30 but I didn't make it out of bed and start moving until 10:30. It's sun shiny and chilly, but not as cold as the last few days. Hope everyone has a good day. :yes I'm off to see what's next on the day's agenda.

I agree, Val, they are absolutely wonderful!

I don't know about tons to do, but certainly a lot yet to finish. Let's see there is [1] finish preemie quilts and the crib quilt (this week's goal); [2] the Stacked Cubes (this week and next week); [3] the final filet piece (this week and next); [4] blocking and fringe for Kim's shawl (after John's back); [5] backing and framing John's filet pieces (when John's on vacation); [6] making marmalade for Rosie's John (2 weeks from now); and [7] finishing, blocking, backing, wrapping, and mailing everything (week before Christmas). Hmmm....... :think .......... :eek Maybe that does qualify as a a ton of stuff yet to do.:rofl

At the very least it's half a ton :lol

Still working on the spa baskets today. Got 4 of six facecloths and one back scrubber done yesterday :hook

One of my crochet goals for 2008 was to make myself a Casa. Well, I made 60 saltines and then my life just got really complicated (raging carpal tunnel, 2 sick cats, one who died this past summer, and the other not doing all that well even now). But I still want to get back to making this for myself. Most of my crochet goes off to other folks, and I'm happy to do the charity work I've done, but I really like that Casa. I'm going to try to set an intial goal of 1 to 2 rows a week, and see if I can stick to that and still do the other crochet I want to do (project linus, snuggles for animal shelters/rescues).

I know the colors I'm using, but I have to remind myself which was color was which. I'm using two shades of teal plus an offwhite. I think what I'll do is the offwhite as on the pattern, and the black and brown the two shades of teal. I think I have enough saltines right now (in the right colors) to put together my first two rows, so I may do that today. I have to make a lot of coasters for gifts, so I need to go home soon and start working on those this afternoon (last night I made 20, and I need to make about 80 of those).

Judy, you do such lovely graph ghans. Which one is this?

Thanks for the compliment!

I'm still working onmy pet memories ghan...here's a pic of my progress so far

th_HPIM0653.jpg

th_HPIM0653.jpg

Judy, that's lovely. And a great theme, as well. A great tribute to your past fur babies. :hug

Thanks, Linda. The bottom names are our GSDs (Susie and Sparkie are the newest furbabies:manyheart) Boo-Boo was our gray tabby cat and Trixie was our Sheltie. They came early in our marriage....

Kim and I are off to a slow start this morning. The alarm went off at 9:30 but I didn't make it out of bed and start moving until 10:30. It's sun shiny and chilly, but not as cold as the last few days. Hope everyone has a good day. :yes I'm off to see what's next on the day's agenda.

Wow you have heaps to do, I think it does qualify indeed as a ton of stuff left to do. Im sure you will get it done though. :cheer

At the very least it's half a ton :lol

Still working on the spa baskets today. Got 4 of six facecloths and one back scrubber done yesterday :hook

Cara those spa baskets sound great, so what are you putting all in the baskets.

One of my crochet goals for 2008 was to make myself a Casa. Well, I made 60 saltines and then my life just got really complicated (raging carpal tunnel, 2 sick cats, one who died this past summer, and the other not doing all that well even now). But I still want to get back to making this for myself. Most of my crochet goes off to other folks, and I'm happy to do the charity work I've done, but I really like that Casa. I'm going to try to set an intial goal of 1 to 2 rows a week, and see if I can stick to that and still do the other crochet I want to do (project linus, snuggles for animal shelters/rescues).

I know the colors I'm using, but I have to remind myself which was color was which. I'm using two shades of teal plus an offwhite. I think what I'll do is the offwhite as on the pattern, and the black and brown the two shades of teal. I think I have enough saltines right now (in the right colors) to put together my first two rows, so I may do that today. I have to make a lot of coasters for gifts, so I need to go home soon and start working on those this afternoon (last night I made 20, and I need to make about 80 of those).

Your colors sound fantastic, Its a lovely pattern and Im sure you will get it finished.

Thanks for the compliment!

th_HPIM0653.jpg

Judy its looking fantastic. Where are you going to put it when your finished.

Mary - 12 more solids for me please. I haven't done any saltines in a little while and mnaged to get a few more done today since I needed something mindless (and the sweater I'm working is not mindless - it's time to decrease and count for the arms on the back now).

Cara - what a great idea for the spa packages. I've been tihnking about what to get/make for my Mom and sister and I think I may just copy your idea :D

127 it is! :)

Hi Val. Hope you were able to figure out the doily. All of your pictures are great...your work is wonderful and you've accomplished so much. :cheer

Renee! It's great to see you again!

Mary - 12 more solids for me please. I haven't done any saltines in a little while and mnaged to get a few more done today since I needed something mindless (and the sweater I'm working is not mindless - it's time to decrease and count for the arms on the back now).

12 solids added. :hook

Archived