Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone! If we head to Old Chicago again this weekend to catch football, I'll be bringing my IC with. Since I'm done with Mom's order, I don't want to work with cotton/make hotpads for a little bit. Although there are a few I'm planning on making for Christmas gifts, I'll start them again soon. I switched to making a dragon for DBF, but obviously I can't bring that with while watching the game :lol

Good morning, everyone. My typing is awful today! :irk I'm having to correct mistakes every few words! :sigh My apologies if I miss some.

Mary - 32 solids for last weekend.

It's been in the 30's at night for several days now and my joints are giving me fits. The good shoulder and knee hurt as much as the ones that have been operated on. Yuck! Makes everything much less fun. :(

Kim had another good night. Yeah! I've got a few more pictures to take and then I'll be caught up on show and tell. I'm making another of the shawls like Kim's for me in gold and I have beads as well as ribbons for its fringe. I'm also making one in blocks in a beigy brown for me. Oh, and the baby blanket I made still needs to be documented. :D

I've been picking up some special yarns at Hobby Lobby lately for future projects lately. Enough Moonlight Mohair in Rainforest for a shawl for me. Enough Patons Brilliant in Marvelous Mocha (chocolate brown with copper glints) for a shawl or tunic. Enough Yarn Bee Airy (royal purple with silver glints) for a shawl. And enough Yarn Bee Intrigue in sparkly red for a couple of projects. When I can get a bunch of $8-$9 skeins for $2 a skein in colors I know I'll use sooner or later, they just have to get added to my stash. I really like working with the special yarns, I just won't pay full price for them. Sooooo........ It's the clearance bins for me. :lol :lol :lol

Good morning, everyone. My typing is awful today! :irk I'm having to correct mistakes every few words! :sigh My apologies if I miss some.

It's been in the 30's at night for several days now and my joints are giving me fits. The good shoulder and knee hurt as much as the ones that have been operated on. Yuck! Makes everything much less fun. :(

Kim had another good night. Yeah! I've got a few more pictures to take and then I'll be caught up on show and tell. I'm making another of the shawls like Kim's for me in gold and I have beads as well as ribbons for its fringe. I'm also making one in blocks in a beigy brown for me. Oh, and the baby blanket I made still needs to be documented. :D

I've been picking up some special yarns at Hobby Lobby lately for future projects lately. Enough Moonlight Mohair in Rainforest for a shawl for me. Enough Patons Brilliant in Marvelous Mocha (chocolate brown with copper glints) for a shawl or tunic. Enough Yarn Bee Airy (royal purple with silver glints) for a shawl. And enough Yarn Bee Intrigue in sparkly red for a couple of projects. When I can get a bunch of $8-$9 skeins for $2 a skein in colors I know I'll use sooner or later, they just have to get added to my stash. I really like working with the special yarns, I just won't pay full price for them. Sooooo........ It's the clearance bins for me. :lol :lol :lol

Ohh! You shop like I do! That's why I have 30+ skiens of fun fur and cottons. They were all $1 each :lol

that's when the card table comes out .. . when my Dad was still alive and we had the big family Dinners it would be the dining table seating 10, the kitchen table seating 6 plus card table and even coffee table occasionally....

I have the old dinette upstairs but I'm thinking my sister's card table would be easier :yes

Ohh! You shop like I do! That's why I have 30+ skiens of fun fur and cottons. They were all $1 each :lol

My find was 50 cents for Sugar and Cream I bought just about every ball they had :lol

Ohhh like Linda, I am sore today :( Must be the weather changes. But I'll get to moving around in a bit and hopefully that'll help :D

Good Morning, all. I have been very good this a.m. and stayed off here until I got some things done. :D The downstairs is dusted, vacuumed and mopped. Zoe likes the mop...she thinks it's a big mouse, I guess. :lol

Karen ~ 10 more are on the list. :)

Linda ~ 32 added for you! All of your planned projects sound lovely. So sorry about the joint pain - I hope they feel better soon. :hug

Cara, 11 or 12 will be a good number for Thursday. One year we had 16 which meant a card table in the office and entrance hall. It worked just fine and people liked sitting at the "kid's tables." :yes

Good morning everyone! If we head to Old Chicago again this weekend to catch football, I'll be bringing my IC with. Since I'm done with Mom's order, I don't want to work with cotton/make hotpads for a little bit. Although there are a few I'm planning on making for Christmas gifts, I'll start them again soon. I switched to making a dragon for DBF, but obviously I can't bring that with while watching the game :lol

WTG on finishing your Mom's order! It sounds like you're ready for a break from those...time for little squares. :hook

Ohhh like Linda, I am sore today :( Must be the weather changes. But I'll get to moving around in a bit and hopefully that'll help :D

We've got the same cold going on here. Dad, who also has MS, has been very very sore. Me, I'm fighting to stay awake. Stupid weather changes.

WTG on finishing your Mom's order! It sounds like you're ready for a break from those...time for little squares. :hook

If we go watch football this weekend I'll be bringing my squares with :D

Sounds like a wonderful buy! :clap:clap John thinks I'm nuts to have all this yarn, but what do non-crocheting men know? I have a bunch of tubs here and there that he doesn't see when he comes downstairs so it's not all on display and he likes the finished items, so doesn't grouse too much.

Cara, 50 cents for Sugar and Cream sounds great, too! :clap:clap

And, just to be really different, I am making a "real" quilt for my pregnant niece for Christmas. And with the extra material, I'm attempting some preemie quilts for the preemie unit for December. [i must need my head examined! :lol :lol :lol] But sewing is a nice break once in a while. And I'm using a machine, not doing it all by hand, which helps a whole lot, too.

And, just to be really different, I am making a "real" quilt for my pregnant niece for Christmas. And with the extra material, I'm attempting some preemie quilts for the preemie unit for December. [i must need my head examined! :lol :lol :lol] But sewing is a nice break once in a while. And I'm using a machine, not doing it all by hand, which helps a whole lot, too.

No, you don't need your head examined...maybe just 2 more hands. ;):yes Can't wait to see the fabrics you're using!

I've been having serious withdrawal from saltines, so I decided to work on those this evening and hopefully finish the last scarf this weekend.

Oh my goodness... I just went to a Linens N Things "Store Closing" sale, and even with 25% off, the comforters for my bed were over $200 :eek !!!! I think I'll be getting out my sewing machine and making me a quilt for it instead. I can make a quilt for a whole lot less than that! (OK, so it's a lot of time, but still!)

Oh my goodness... I just went to a Linens N Things "Store Closing" sale, and even with 25% off, the comforters for my bed were over $200 :eek !!!! I think I'll be getting out my sewing machine and making me a quilt for it instead. I can make a quilt for a whole lot less than that! (OK, so it's a lot of time, but still!)

Amen to that!

These are the Preemie Quilt Tops. I fell in love with the Christmas Mice the minute I saw it. The cotton is a little lighter than it probably should be, but it's working up pretty well.

DCP_1493.jpgDCP_1491.jpg

I'll be using a skinny border of the center color to go around them. I think they are coming out rather nicely. :)

These are the Preemie Quilt Tops. I fell in love with the Christmas Mice the minute I saw it. The cotton is a little lighter than it probably should be, but it's working up pretty well.

DCP_1493.jpgDCP_1491.jpg

I'll be using a skinny border of the center color to go around them. I think they are coming out rather nicely. :)

Ohhhh those are so sweet!! :manyheart

K - I agree about making something instead of buying it. L & T's sale is still not really a good one... I made a duvet cover years ago after seeing the price of king size ones! It was just 2 sheets and some velcro:)

Linda...I love that fabric!!:c9

Thanks, everyone. You can see why I fell in love with the material. And for Christmas preemie quilts they are so easy and so cute. My niece's isn't at the picture stage yet but should be before too long.

John is going hunting again this weekend, but Kim isn't ready for that yet so she and I will stay here and do girl things. Maybe work on those quilts.

Have a great day! :hook

Good Morning. Here is this week's list...please let me know if you see any changes that need to be made. :hook

Dusti (rii698) 1961

Karen (econ-nerd) 1905

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1809

Linda M. (mizmo) 1523

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1325

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 1276

Cathy (crashcat07) 1076

Donna (sewnsew) 886

Val (Priszm) 792

Wendy (Aussie) *** 711

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Denise (denisethorpe) 657

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 627

Heather (hseger) 517

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Erin (EMedley) 458

Leighanne (mommy neel) 304

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 304

Kidge (Kidget29) 281

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 210

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Mary (Skysmom) *** 95

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Archived