Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait to see it, Linda! I bet Kim is loving watching the quilt being made. :)

She was indeed. And she laughed at me every time I had to rip out a seem because I'd grabbed a strip of the wrong color. :lol She inspected every finished square, too.

Ladies I have a koala video in my siggie if your interested in looking at it. He came into our garden today and was thirsty so I gave him some water.

What a wonderful video! He really was thirsty.

Hi, everyone. I've been upstairs with Kim all day working on a quilt for her wrap up in in her chair. This cold weather is the pits. With her chair right by two sliding glass doors it can be really hard to keep her warm and toasty. I got all the middles done for the blocks that make up the pattern and about half the 1" squares for the corner nine patches set up and have completed 3 of 16 blocks. Each one is going faster as I figure out exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't just cut all the pieces and then put them together, because I've changed the size of the quilt and can't seem to figure out how much of what I need, so I'm cutting the 1" strips as I go. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow of the blocks.:photo

:yay Can't wait to see you, you make such lovely quilts. :yes

Something funny happened this morning. :D I showed Kyla the yarn I got from USA yesterday and she said she had some of one of the colours. I said "really?", she said yes, "I used it to make some sardines"! took me a second or two to realise she meant saltines. :lol

:rofl:rofl

I know I don't belong to this thread but this is too funny not to comment. I'll go back to :lurk

As long as you can stay away from Wendy in this CAL, you MIGHT be fine. :lol You could always do the Angel ghan with us. :devil it is a pretty picture and you don't have to finish by end February, you can join Mary and I on the sidelines where Krystal can't reach us with the :tryme. :lol (strength in numbers, you know :wink)

As long as you can stay away from Wendy in this CAL, you MIGHT be fine. :lol You could always do the Angel ghan with us. :devil it is a pretty picture and you don't have to finish by end February, you can join Mary and I on the sidelines where Krystal can't reach us with the :tryme. :lol (strength in numbers, you know :wink)

I would never have it finished by the end of February. But if there is no time limit on it maybe I will go and look for some yarn. I have printed out the chart. I also like the Trip around the world one too.

Something funny happened this morning. :D I showed Kyla the yarn I got from USA yesterday and she said she had some of one of the colours. I said "really?", she said yes, "I used it to make some sardines"! took me a second or two to realise she meant saltines. :lol

:rofl can you imagine making sardines in different colours.

I know I don't belong to this thread but this is too funny not to comment. I'll go back to :lurk

You can belong if you want to. :D

:lol I really want to but I must resist. ( I know resistance is futile):lol

No dont resist, come on you know you wanna.

But you might be in trouble standing on the sidelines with Tracy as she is my apprentice. :rofl

I would never have it finished by the end of February. But if there is no time limit on it maybe I will go and look for some yarn. I have printed out the chart. I also like the Trip around the world one too.

The Trip around the world is a great one to do and you could do it in 80 days no problems. :D

No seriously its a beautiful one to do and it would make a great Christmas present. So that gives you about 329 days 18 hours and 54 minutes to get it finished. Easy Peasy I say. :D

:rofl

But you might be in trouble standing on the sidelines with Tracy as she is my apprentice. :rofl

Who, me? :angel

The Trip around the world is a great one to do and you could do it in 80 days no problems. :D

OK, that is an awesome idea... starting a CAL titled "Around the World in 80 Days" :rofl :rofl

:eek ah oh. :eek

OK, that is an awesome idea... starting a CAL titled "Around the World in 80 Days" :rofl :rofl

:eek ah oh. :eek

Tracy yes I wouldnt have believed it either but Krystal is going to start a CAL and I guess if you start something then you have to do it as well, so who is in with Krystal and take a trip around the world. :rofl

Wendy - I would surely love to do an ATW, but I have to get some daisies taken care of. Not only that, I'd have to do it in colors that I could give to someone for Xmas. My future SIL and brother would probably like one, but I'm not sure what colors I'd do it for them. i dont' remember what color her bedroom is. :shrug I've only been to her house once. I'll have to email my brother and hope that he is good at describing colors enough to help me.

However, I might just go and do a different afghan or something anyway, because I really get plenty of square joining with these daisies....

Wendy - I would surely love to do an ATW, but I have to get some daisies taken care of. Not only that, I'd have to do it in colors that I could give to someone for Xmas. My future SIL and brother would probably like one, but I'm not sure what colors I'd do it for them. i dont' remember what color her bedroom is. :shrug I've only been to her house once. I'll have to email my brother and hope that he is good at describing colors enough to help me.

However, I might just go and do a different afghan or something anyway, because I really get plenty of square joining with these daisies....

You could do a daisy around the world.

One row plain squares, one row of daisy squares. Find a pattern that is the same size as the daises for the plain squares. It would look awesome.

:rofl:rofl:rofl I love it!

Hi' date=' Pauline. You're welcome to lurk and comment whenever you like.

Pauline, there is never a time limit on completing these lovely quilts other than one you may set for yourself. Examples: in time for someone's birthday or graduation or Christmas.

Here is my Angel Ghan so far, I started in the middle.

th_P2060258.jpg

It's beautiful, Wendy. Great progress. :clap :clap :clap

It's back to the quilt for me today. I couldn't miss a day of crocheting altogether yesterday, so I stared another scarf while watching "****'s Kitchen" and "ER." :lol I's the same pattern as the one in blue and white, but this one is in lilac with plum fun fur.

Good Morning, everyone. :)

I've been busy tonight! The phones were pretty much non-stop for the last 2 hours. Thankfully I was making saltines, not much concentration required. I would say none, but apparently that's not true. I have a few put together that have 4 dc's instead of 3. Oops :blush

Anyway, I have another 21 to add! All the colors are done now.

21 more added! I've done the same thing - looked down and all of a sudden have 4 or 5 dc's together. :lol

Great story, Tracy. :D

Hi Pauline ~ Yes! Please join us. :yes

Archived