Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda M~Congratulations on such a successful trip to HL! :hook (I've added your final 6 squares.) I haven't tried the bamboo-handle hooks yet, but was looking at them the other day.

I have one more row of 10 squares to make and 3 rows to join on the 4th block of the Ohio Star. :yay This will be about 50" x 50." I'd hate to break my record for never having made a full size quilt ghan.:lol

Linda M~Congratulations on such a successful trip to HL! :hook (I've added your final 6 squares.) I haven't tried the bamboo-handle hooks yet, but was looking at them the other day.

I have one more row of 10 squares to make and 3 rows to join on the 4th block of the Ohio Star. :yay This will be about 50" x 50." I'd hate to break my record for never having made a full size quilt ghan.:lol

I love these hooks. Bought one to try and had to go back and get the rest of them. They are so much easier on my arthritic hands!

I don't usually make the full sized ghans either. I like them in the 15 squares by 21 squares size neighborhood myself which makes them around 45" x 52" range.

I love these hooks. Bought one to try and had to go back and get the rest of them. They are so much easier on my arthritic hands!

I don't usually make the full sized ghans either. I like them in the 15 squares by 21 squares size neighborhood myself which makes them around 45" x 52" range.

Okay, you've convinced me to try the hooks! I'll start with an H and go from there. :yes So sorry about the arthritis. :hug My aunt who taught me to crochet at age 7-8 had arthritis and to this day, I hold my hook like she did. :manyheart

There are great hooks out now for arthritics. I find the Clover soft touch hooks quite well suited to my poor ol' hands :yes I have one size M of the bamboo handles but I haven't tried it yet.

Hi Miss Cara. :manyheart

DH has a very early flight, so it's going to be an early night here. DD got back safely from Germany yesterday evening, so I have them coming and going. ;) See you all tomorrow.

Mary, 100 solids for me, please. :hook

:yay that is just incredible. :clap :clap

Hi Miss Cara. :manyheart

DH has a very early flight, so it's going to be an early night here. DD got back safely from Germany yesterday evening, so I have them coming and going. ;) See you all tomorrow.

Im glad your daughter made it back safely. :hug

Hello All,

WTG Linda M.

Mary - I'm glad your daughter had a safe trip home.

Didn't get a chance to crochet on Sunday. I'm doing one saltine right now. I had to do something. Gotta go to bed, have to be back up at 5:30am. Talk to u guys when I get back home tomorrow night.

There are great hooks out now for arthritics. I find the Clover soft touch hooks quite well suited to my poor ol' hands :yes I have one size M of the bamboo handles but I haven't tried it yet.

I have a set of those too and really like them. But after using the bamboo one, I think I like them better; only time--and use--will tell for sure though.

Good morning!

You ladies are making such fabulous progress on your Games' projects! :cheer Yaay -- Go Friends :cheer

It was a great weekend for working around the house. The girls come home next week, so DH and I were scrambling, because some things are just easier to do without too much extra "help." I painted the ceilings and walls in the new laundry room and entryway. DH re-wired both rooms and finished up the plumbing for my laundry tub. At 2 o'clock on Saturday, he suggests driving to Menards to pick out cabinets. As a result, I had a block of time in which to make saltines. :hook Okay, I also got a nice dinner out of the deal, once we were finished shopping, but, who decides to drive 120 miles in the middle of the afternoon?!?

Mary, 49 solids for me, please.

Today, we are getting a nice, steady rain. Guess I will not be sitting outside, but I can work on putting together the final two rows of Just Ducky. Should be done, soon :yay

Have a good day, All.

:manyheart

:hi Cara. I know. I am so excited with how quickly this one took shape. Granted, I still have to join the 'columns' and the border, but neither part should take too long. In my mind, I was planning to start Patches for our guest bedroom, but DH was walking past the computer as I printed out that pattern, and he decided that he would rather I do the Woven Blocks. Okay...whatever makes him happy, as long as I get to :crocheting.

Linda -- :waving. I ordered a set of bamboo hooks, and I am SO excited for them to arrive. I have never used anything other than the Boye hooks Mum gave me. Everyone here has such good suggestions and individual preferences, I just had to give something else a try. Let's see if I like the new hooks.

Dusti, I love the variations in color that everyone comes up with! Can't wait to see your version of Just Ducky:cheer

I wish I were better at playing around with colors. I also wish that I had access to a fabulous yarn store. Usually, I just order lots of yarn off of eBay and do my best with them. That said, I was not too creative with Just Ducky. I could not get grey for the towel bar, so I used a deep brown, but everything else is just as Cara's pattern suggested. I'm trying something different with my next one, but I sure will I had your good eye for color and could think up my own combinations. :)

here is my report ending midnight 8/10....

58 solid saltines and 26 bicolored...

another 24 bi's and I'll have enough saltines for 3 blocks

Mary, 49 solids for me, please.

Done. :) Tracy is now in first place! :cheer

Happy Monday, everyone. :)

Yes, it's lots of fun to see all the activity. :yes You all are doing great with your Games projects! :cheer

Hi Valerie ~ I hope you get some crochet time soon. :hug

Dusti, it sounds like you and DH had a good weekend. Enjoy your remaining days of "freedom." ;)

I am so looking forward to this week. I've been making "to do" lists and planning to crochet as much as possible.

Dusti, I'm not the one with the eye for color...it's SDR (Studly Do Right) my DH. I wrestle with that a lot....all he has to do is take one look...and voila! It's a gift...one that I don't have! Only my hands are gifted:hook

Archived