Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

DH is going fishing on Lake Superior next week, so I have been making meals and munchies for him to take along on the trip. Wow, I just realized I am going to be home alone for the bulk of next week...I could finish Just Ducky, couldn't I? :bounce

Good luck to all of you competing in the Games :cheer:cheer

Dusti, I don't know if you've ever said. Where in NMN are you? We used to camp up on the Gunflint Trail (Ohhh I miss it!) and last Sept when I flew up for my HS reunion, DBF decided he wanted to go to Canada since he'd never been. It went kinda like this:

DBF: How far is Canada from where we'll be?

Me: I don't know, 6-8 hour drive

DBF: Can we go?

Me: Sure

So are flight left here at 7am, we landed, got luggage, car and hightailed it Downtown to catch the Twins game (and it was nice seeing them at home!), then immediately left and headed to Grand Marais. Stayed there that night and drove to Canada the next day. A few miles into Canada and we saw a moose, he was very happy :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dusti, I don't know if you've ever said. Where in NMN are you? We used to camp up on the Gunflint Trail (Ohhh I miss it!) and last Sept when I flew up for my HS reunion, DBF decided he wanted to go to Canada since he'd never been. It went kinda like this:

So are flight left here at 7am, we landed, got luggage, car and hightailed it Downtown to catch the Twins game (and it was nice seeing them at home!), then immediately left and headed to Grand Marais. Stayed there that night and drove to Canada the next day. A few miles into Canada and we saw a moose, he was very happy :lol

:lol:lol

DH and I grew up in Duluth. Both of our families camped and hunted along the Gunflint Trail. I played volleyball and basketball up in Grand Marais every season, so I am familiar with that town, too. Now, we live about 240 miles straight west of Duluth, near Thief River Falls. About 50 miles from Grand Forks, ND and 90 minutes south of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Isn't it funny to think about just hopping over the border into Canada for a lark? DH and I used to go up to Grand Portage to window shop or eat in a restaurant on a rainy weekend afternoon when we were dating. Now, it's not quite so easy, but do-able.

How fun to hear you are familiar with "my" neck of the woods ;)

:lol:lol

DH and I grew up in Duluth. Both of our families camped and hunted along the Gunflint Trail. I played volleyball and basketball up in Grand Marais every season, so I am familiar with that town, too. Now, we live about 240 miles straight west of Duluth, near Thief River Falls. About 50 miles from Grand Forks, ND and 90 minutes south of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Isn't it funny to think about just hopping over the border into Canada for a lark? DH and I used to go up to Grand Portage to window shop or eat in a restaurant on a rainy weekend afternoon when we were dating. Now, it's not quite so easy, but do-able.

How fun to hear you are familiar with "my" neck of the woods ;)

I miss "your" neck of the woods. I'm afraid to camp here in FL. There's snakes and alligators in the waters! :eek A year or so ago a friend was dating someone who'd lived in the Cities before. So he and I were talking about the differences and how we don't dare do something like water skiing her. My friend (I really truly do love her!) asked if we weren't worried about the alligators up there. We about died laughing. We also had to explain that the only mean snakes that are really in MN are rattlers, and they're more in Southern MN.

We camped at Gunflint Pines every other year and one of my favorite memories is of the summer before JR year in HS. My parents went into town (for the 2nd time that week, strangely enough) and I didn't want to go. When they left, I headed out to a site that had some kids my brother and I had been hanging around with. I asked if they wanted to go over to the Canada side, they were getting ready to go w/ their Dad. So I took our boat (it felt like Mom and Dad leaving me the car keys :lol), they took theirs and when we got over there, ran into half of a group from another site. They had a bunch of people so had to do 2 trips. We spent the day picking berries, jumping off the cliffs and wearing our life jackets as diapers as we went down the "rapids".

72 solids and 68 bi-colors

Hi Shelly! I added 208 points for these and had you down for 52 (above 2000) - my total is 260. :think

Mary, 50 more solids for me please. :hook That only leaves 30 to finish this ghan; I have enough yarn left to do about 20 or so more. Will go get another skein of the red on Saturday to finish.

Way to go on being so close to finishing. :hook

Mary -- 28 solids. Girls are with my folks for one more week. What can I do with my free time? I want to do this. I want to do that. Oh, I might as well sit on the deck and make saltines, because that is what I REALLY want to do, anyway.:hook

I vote for making saltines. :D

Dontcha just love men that are easy to please :lol

Morning, everyone. Cheerleader Mary is here along with her dog, Maggie, who got her up at 2:30 a.m. :lol Went back to bed and slept until 8. :blush Good luck, everyone! :cheer

Friday, August 08, 2008

Mary (Skysmom) 1432

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1242

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1145

Linda M. (mizmo) 1103

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Karen (econ-nerd) 573

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 532

Dusti (rii698) 516

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Heather (hseger) 345

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 260

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Wendy (Aussie) *** 84

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 7

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Hello, everyone. I got home at 5:00 pm on Sunday to discover that our internet service had changed and we still can't get on the internet at home. I'm currently at the library and don't have time to catch up on the posts, but wanted you to know that I'm still here and safe and sound. Kim's had two doctor checkups this week and both went very well. She doesn't have to go back for a year unless there are problems. Yeah! I'm all set for the games. I got the pattern printed up and organized by blocks and a spreadsheet set up so I'll know how many of which color squares I have to do for each block. Pulled the yarn out of its storage container and have it all organized, too. I really miss all of you and will try to keep in touch via the library until our system is fixed. :hug :hug :hug

Hello, everyone. I got home at 5:00 pm on Sunday to discover that our internet service had changed and we still can't get on the internet at home. I'm currently at the library and don't have time to catch up on the posts, but wanted you to know that I'm still here and safe and sound. Kim's had two doctor checkups this week and both went very well. She doesn't have to go back for a year unless there are problems. Yeah! I'm all set for the games. I got the pattern printed up and organized by blocks and a spreadsheet set up so I'll know how many of which color squares I have to do for each block. Pulled the yarn out of its storage container and have it all organized, too. I really miss all of you and will try to keep in touch via the library until our system is fixed. :hug :hug :hug

Oh we're so very glad to see you home and safe :hug Hope they get that internet figured out very soon!

Yay - Linda is okay! I have been so worried about you and am so happy to see your post. :manyheart I hope you get your internet back quickly. :yes

Valerie, do you have the weekend off? Hope so. :hug

Hi Cara and Tracy ~ How are your Games wips coming along? :crocheting

Yay - Linda is okay! I have been so worried about you and am so happy to see your post. :manyheart I hope you get your internet back quickly. :yes

Valerie, do you have the weekend off? Hope so. :hug

Hi Cara and Tracy ~ How are your Games wips coming along? :crocheting

7 outta 80 squares done so far :clap

I decided to do the windwalker lapghan for Team Sissie44. I am doing it burgundy/rose/creamish tan. I hope to start some saltines tonight after work.

JOyce

:yay Everyone is doing great for the first day!

Joyce, the Windwalker will be wonderful in your colors. :crocheting

Shelly ~ I don't keep the solid/bicolor totals after I update...just the total points. :yes

I've been working away on the Ohio Star and hope to have it finished by next week - lapghan size of course. :D

Priszm and Dusti - I'm a bit late in on your conversation but I was born in Winnipeg and grew up about two hour drive north of Winnipeg. After high shcool I lived in Winnipeg for about ten years before moving to Ontario for graduate school (and then onto Maine where I am now) :D

Priszm and Dusti - I'm a bit late in on your conversation but I was born in Winnipeg and grew up about two hour drive north of Winnipeg. After high shcool I lived in Winnipeg for about ten years before moving to Ontario for graduate school (and then onto Maine where I am now) :D

So you had all the beautiful spring/fall weather too! I miss that soooo much! But I definitely don't want to deal w/ the cold again. I never did like it. Friends down here can't figure out how I managed to last 22 years in Minnesota :lol

Archived