Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Yay for being home in the a.c. One of my errands was to get mole and armadillo granules of all things...which I'll put out this evening. Every time we have a hot, dry summer, the armadillos come through the neighborhood and dig up my flower and herb beds. :irk We also put out 2 humane traps. I am not a happy camper. :lol

Cara, I heard about your storms and we got some of the outer flow winds (45 mph) but no rain. I'm glad you're able to stay in. :manyheart

Linda, I hope you all made it home safely and are getting some rest. :hug

Mary, please add 81 solids and 12 bi-colors. Thanks :hug

Just Ducky is going...swimmingly. I have 8 rows attached, and that looks to be half-way finished. Yaay :yay

Hi Dusti! Super progress :hook Squares are added. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara -- So glad to hear your shoulder is feeling alright, today. I'm sure your kitty was happy to get food over the weekend, but it was awful to hear there was not anyone available at the store to lend you a hand.

Yes, anytime we need anything from "town," I get a lot of crocheting done. A road trip is always involved. We live about 2 hours from the nearest town with a remodeling center (and yarn store :(), so it was not too tough to make progress. I did have fun when I returned home and could start assembling the rows.

Thanks, Mary. Armadillos :eek I never thought of such a critter being a nuisance -- just unsightly to look at. Who knew?!? Good luck keeping them out of your gardens.

I am going to weave in some ends and finish off the 10th row of Just Ducky. One of these days, I will have accumulated enough posts to allow me to post a progress picture. At this rate, though, I may get to show off a finished afghan. That would be exciting, too. :yes

I'm curious? Do you need to reach a certain level to post photos? I didn't see that as one of the privileges you obtain at villager status (which you should be given how long you've been here and how many posts you have). Are you having difficulty posting photos? Can we help?

Joyce

I am going to weave in some ends and finish off the 10th row of Just Ducky. One of these days, I will have accumulated enough posts to allow me to post a progress picture. At this rate, though, I may get to show off a finished afghan. That would be exciting, too. :yes

Hi Ladies. :)

Dusti ~ You are doing great on Just Ducky. :hook We used to live in the country and it took me 45 minutes to get to the closest grocery store!

Hi Joyce. How are you doing with your ghan? :crocheting

I'm reporting 27 solids and 4 bicolors. :yarn Time to do some joining now. :yes

I didn't see any answers on this one, so I thought I'd help out. You CAN get just Excel instead of the whole office package.

Home and Student Microsoft Excel 2007

Or for almost $25 less you can add in Word and Power Point w/ 3 PC License.

Home and Student Microsoft Office 2007

Or if you are willing to try something a bit different, you could download Open Office for free. It includes a spreadsheet program that is supposed to be able to read Excel files and from what I've heard is pretty good. I've been meaning to play with it but haven't had a chance yet.

Open Office

Thank you! :hugJust downloaded the Open Office last night. Haven't messed around with it just yet but so far so good!

Dusti ~ You are doing great on Just Ducky. :hook We used to live in the country and it took me 45 minutes to get to the closest grocery store!

Hello Mary! :waving

No saltines...just hi!

:cheerI'm glad the shoulder is feeling better! And I'm still jealous of your t-storms! Send some this direction! There are a few rain clouds over the Sandias right now but doubt they will get to us!:P

Afternoon ladies :flower

Tracy - Oh gosh! What an awful dream :lol

Dusti - 80 saltines? That was a lot of riding in the car wasn't it?

Mary - Don't melt if you go outside. It's awful here too. I'm staying indoors until Thursday :yes

Joy - Thanks for the info :hug DH has put Open Office on a lot of the computers at work and he says it works great.

Linda M - Can't wait to see Ducky :clap

We had nasty storms last night. Ended up knocking out our internet right when I was in the middle of talking :irk Seems okie dokie today though :cheer

And guess what? My shoulder doesn't seem to hurt today :jumpyay Don't want an injury putting me on the sidelines for the Games :lol

Hi Mary. I started the sixth row, but I have a baby set I have to complete before the games (or largely complete) so Ducky will probably go on the back burner until the end of August. But I LOVE watching it come together.

Joyce

Looks like we are all ready and waiting for the Games. :lol My yarn is all caked, ready in it's box. Waiting for my custom hook, hoping it will be finished in time (Kyla is making me one :hook).

This caked yarn....you, I assume, have a ball winder. I've been wanting to invest in one of these but not sure which one to get, where to get it, and how to use it! :think Does it still make balls that pull from the center?

Evening everyone. Mary, I have 66 more solids to report for today.:hook I'm over halfway with the saltines for this ghan now.

Cara,

I was working on some saltines tonight (because I can't ever put them down!) and I for some reason couldn't get my bi-color to look right so I visited the Happy Yellow House site......:rantYou need to remove that Casablanca quilt pattern before you suck us all in further!!!

"my name is jessica. I'm new here. And I'm addicted to saltines."

and you all say in a sing song manner: "Hi Jessica."

And I introduce Saltines Anonymous

I'll come up with the 12 steps later including how to avoid losing your spouse under the pile of saltines and how to hide future saltine projects from said spouse.

I have decided I WILL conquer that Casablanca eventually! I WILL!

Thats all. Just a little craziness from Pickles. (Wow I need sleep!)

Dusti 2 hrs from the nearest shop thats what we call living in the woop woop. :lol Dont ask why we say that.:lol

Linda M wow great progress on the saltines.

Pickles the yarn winders do make the cakes of yarn so that the yarn is pulled from the center.

Cara and Mary wow you guys have it really hot there dont you. Its cold and raining here, nice and warm and toasty inside in the heating.

Cara,

I was working on some saltines tonight (because I can't ever put them down!) and I for some reason couldn't get my bi-color to look right so I visited the Happy Yellow House site......:rantYou need to remove that Casablanca quilt pattern before you suck us all in further!!!

"my name is jessica. I'm new here. And I'm addicted to saltines."

and you all say in a sing song manner: "Hi Jessica."

And I introduce Saltines Anonymous

I'll come up with the 12 steps later including how to avoid losing your spouse under the pile of saltines and how to hide future saltine projects from said spouse.

I have decided I WILL conquer that Casablanca eventually! I WILL!

Thats all. Just a little craziness from Pickles. (Wow I need sleep!)

Muhahaha :devil There's nothing that can help you once you enter the Saltine Zone :lol And I'm sure your bi-colors look right. There's a little "hook" at the color change but that's normal. You just work that in when you join 'em together. :yes

Pickles... Saltines Anonymous was started long ago... but Cara keeps coming up with newer and more interesting patterns... I definately think she is some kind of witch and has put us all under her spell... speaking of which I have to get my yarn out and see if I have enough of another color to do the Amish Baskets... I can't do it with the yarn I have....

This caked yarn....you, I assume, have a ball winder. I've been wanting to invest in one of these but not sure which one to get, where to get it, and how to use it! :think Does it still make balls that pull from the center?

:yes, I have a winder. I bought the Empisal Knitmaster one on ebay a few months ago. I didn't get a booklet with it, so looked up a "tutorial" on youTube (I wasn't sure how to thread the yarn onto the cone, etc). I make sure I leave a decent length in the centre so it is easy to find again to use as a centre pull. This one is on sale (someone was questioning it on Ravelry not long ago :D), it looks a bit different to mine, but I think they do the same thing? :think Also, if you want to try doing it by hand on the inner part of a toilet roll, I think Krystal could explain that one to you, she is good like that. :hook

And you know you want to do the Casablanca, of course you do. :yes:devil

Howdy everyone :hi

Mary I got your package today, thanks so much for the beautiful tape measure with the cat beads on it, hand cream, yarn needles and the needle case is just what I need. :hug

I must get my parcels out to Linda and Shelly this week. I will do it on friday when I have the day off.

OH and I forgot that I also received a fridge magnet that says you can never have enough yarn.. how true is that.

Tracy I have only done 33 saltines but I have sewn them together already so thats good. I dont want to get too far behind with the sewing part.

Archived