Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Karen~Great finds at the sale! Can't wait to see more pictures of your ATW. :hook

Cara, I hope you're staying cool...they said July was the 4th hottest on record and I believe it. :eek

I've been working on the Ohio Star this afternoon. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Morning, all. We just came in from mowing and it's supposed to be 107 today...and for the next week. :( Now, I'm in where it's cool and it feels wonderful.

Mary you know I"m feeling your pain! It's currently 101 (but this is the hottest part of the day). Monday is supposed to be 104. I'm flying to Denver Monday morning and they've been having 100 too but Monday it'll only be 96 and then Tuesday it'll only be 88!! And 60 at night! How wonderful is that? I swear, that is what's getting me through this current heat, because this is just about to kill me.

We are currently having the second hottest summer on record in Austin. There's still plenty of summer left to break that record. :eek

:D I hate shopping for bras... :P Tough to find a comfy one that doesn't drive me nuts. Sports bras are even worse. By the time they are tough enough to hold thinngs relatively still when exercising they are near impossible to get in or out of :P It's a close second (after my shoes) to go when I get home :D

Aaah, so I'm not the only one! :rofl I actually found a sports bra that I like. I bought it at Kohl's (dept store) and I *think* it was made by maidenform... It was cotton/spandex and went on like a regular bra, but shaped like a sports bra... the good part? It was underwire, but the wires are on the OUTSIDE of the bra - sort of like the framework, covered by cotton, is on the outside. It's a great design, very comfortable, and LOTS of support. No uni-boob, either - so I can wear them under regular clothes and not look funny. I should have bought more, I'd wear them every day. No jiggle in my wiggle, either.

She doesn't she lives in Iowa but her husbands family has always vacationed in Gulf Shores Alabama. Its a beautiful resort area on the coast south of Mobile. I'm not sure how they got into being such big Alabama fans. But the last 2 years we have spent a week in Gulf Shores on the beach and it was GREAT! They have a great outlet mall there and a restaurant called "Lamberts" where they throw rolls at you and its great food and fun! I think we will make it a tradition!

I use to go to Gulf Shores twice a year. It's been a couple years since I've gone down there. It is truly a beautiful place. My hometown is about 6 hours north of Gulf Shores...mid Alabama. My family is die hard Alabama fans. I went to Alabama for my MS but I'm not into sports like that. I like for my family to have bragging rights.

Hi Valerie, I hope you're enjoying a weekend off. Will you have some crochet time? :crocheting

Yes, Mary, I've had some crochet time. I did have to go to the store to correct an error that dumbo couldn't correct. My photo lab supervisor has called me 3 times today because of him. I was going to HL anyway so I had to pass there and took care of 2 birds with 1 stone...so to speak.

Hope everyone else is having a great day/evening.

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a good Saturday! (Sunday for Wendy I think?) Its still 94 here and its almost 8 pm! :eek

DH decided he needed a new bass guitar today so I said if you get that I get to go to HL to buy yarn for a new quilt ghan I'm working on....He said yes of course! He got the better of the deal but I still got everything I needed. So while he is busy :2rock I've been saltining away! :hook I was training for the games but afraid that if I kept going I would start the ghan for real! Then I would have to pic a different project for the game! So I am all trained up. Got the graph/intarsia thing figured out. Can't wait for the games to start! :cheer But until then I've got saltines to keep me busy! :yes And I even agreed to a yarn diet with DH because my WIPs are taking over my living room! :help When is that new SKY CAL starting? I need some motivation to unbury myself after the games!

I use to go to Gulf Shores twice a year. It's been a couple years since I've gone down there. It is truly a beautiful place. My hometown is about 6 hours north of Gulf Shores...mid Alabama. My family is die hard Alabama fans. I went to Alabama for my MS but I'm not into sports like that. I like for my family to have bragging rights.

quote]

I have an email from my BIL of a picture of 2 sharks that were caught right off the beach in Gulf Shores! 2 weeks after we stayed there!!!! :eek:eek:eek:eek

Pickles why don't you post a picture. I'm going to call it a night.

Mary - 29 solids for me.

I'm still not satified with the 4 corner area after joining the squares. It's loose. I think I'm going to get with Linda T when she gets home so she can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Have a good night ladies.

Pickles why don't you post a picture. I'm going to call it a night.

Mary - 29 solids for me.

I'm still not satified with the 4 corner area after joining the squares. It's loose. I think I'm going to get with Linda T when she gets home so she can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Have a good night ladies.

Here ya go! There's one of them at least! 2 were caught within minutes of each other that day. It was in front of the Phoenix IV resort.

shark1.jpg

PIckles - you most certainly don't have to wait for the NEW SKY CAL to start. Jump in at any time - everyone else did! Just hop in and chat away, but I can't say that you really get more WIPs accomplished. It's a lofty goal, and looks good on paper, but the truth is that if it were that effective, I wouldn't have been in the CAL for the YEAR PLUS that I've been there! :lol

PIckles - you most certainly don't have to wait for the NEW SKY CAL to start. Jump in at any time - everyone else did! Just hop in and chat away, but I can't say that you really get more WIPs accomplished. It's a lofty goal, and looks good on paper, but the truth is that if it were that effective, I wouldn't have been in the CAL for the YEAR PLUS that I've been there! :lol

I know but I figure I will wait to join another CAL until the games are over! Then I can jump in fully! And start again in the row a day CAL!!! Maybe I will join Team SKY for the games to start!

Pickles - is that YOU reeling that in? Cuz I gotta say... if you just had a newborn, and you're lookin that fit in your suit... I just might hafta come thare and :tryme a bit... that would just NOT be right!!! :no :no :devil

HAHAHA :lol No thats not me! I would not be there standing next to that shark! And I'm lighter colored than that sand so I would be bright red in sun like that! I did really well after the baby though! Lost 38 pounds in 2 weeks, but only gained 12 through out the entire pregnancy. Thought about doing WW to keep going!

By the way how does the friendship ghan work and can anyone jump in on that anytime?

Basically, when you join the SKY CAL, you tell Wendy what size and colors you want. Then you make squares when you get a chance and send them out (she has a list) and people will send them to you when they get time. I've got about 13 of them so far, I think! :yes

OOOh I love excel if you need some pointers on how to set this up. Only problem is I don't have excel on the home laptop ! :think Wish I could purchase just excel and not the whole microsoft package!!!!!

I believe Krystal uses excel for the row a day cal too so she may be able to help out!

You could get Open office instead of the whole microsoft package, it's a nice little program and is compatable with microsoft stuff, and free.

I have Internet at home again! (And I have a home again, lol.) So I can see pictures yay!

Howdy everyone :hi

I went to my Mum's place today and I started the cat ghan. This ghan takes 4 colors and 2 of them Im using red heart. Anyway when I started using the redheart cornmeal boy is that yarn thick compared to the yarn we buy here. So what I have done is with the 2 colors Im using red heart Im using a 5mm hook and with the other 2 colors Im using 5.5mm hook just so the squares end up the same size. It makes it interesting when I make a bicolor square with one color from here and the other color is redheart.

Pickles, I know what you mean. I wouldn't be anywhere near that shark. We use to stay the Phoenix when there was only 2 or 3.

Great job on the weight loss.

You'll have a great time on the Look! Up in the Sky thread.

I'll be back later.

Pickles, great job on losing the weight!

WW is terrific - I'm lifetime since reaching my goal (again:blush). There are a bunch on a Yahoo group where everyone from the SKY Cal and aothers here talk about their points, etc on WW....

Good morning, everyone. Wow!! It took me half an hour to get caught up on just two days of posts. We got to Valdosta, Georgia at 8:00 pm last night. Tired!!! I could hardly think straight any more and that was in spite of an hours nap in the car in the afternoon. Of course, the fact that Kim barely slept at all Friday night might have a lot to do with it, too. She was soooooo excited to be on the way home. Last night she crashed too.

:hi Mary.

oooo, I am second from the top! :lol I will start adding saltines soon, making gingham for the Games. I might work on the ATW before that, maybe not. I want to make some pink things for the baby niece while she is here for the weekend, she has all her brother's baby things, all blue. :hook

Yup, that's what happens when big is brother is followed by a little sister. It happened to my daughter, too. Although she did get lots of pink things from aunts and uncles and grandparents.

Judy did help!!! Thanks Judy again!

The pattern is for the games that I finally joined!!! :cheer:clap

Here is the pattern if anyone is interested:

http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/Rock-a-Star_Baby_Blankie.pdf

Wow, Pickles!!! That's ambitious. A very pretty pattern.

By the way I was lurking around the sky CAL :lurk and noticed 2 things. The first you all are thinking of starting over. I think this is a great idea because I would love to join after the games but can't keep up with the CAL right now. Its so busy its not a good one to just jump in! :lol The 2nd is Krystal happened to mention that Vanna's Choice yarn is on sale on Mary Maxim for $1.97!!!!! My husband would like to have a few choice words with you Krystal!! And my dad because I just told my mom too!!!! :devil

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Just wanna let you ladies know that once I actually get around to updating the site (:blush) we'll have a design by a new designer....our very own Pickles :clap

Yeah, Pickles! :yay:applause:yay:applause:yay

Cara, I hope you're staying cool...they said July was the 4th hottest on record and I believe it. :eek

Wouldn't you know it. :eek And that's when we decide to spend 3 weeks in Texas with the grandchildren!:badidea

:lol:lol :lol

Archived