Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

If I would just take the time away from my crafting and spend some of it in my low-fat cookbooks making menus and snack plans, I could probably lose some of it.

Problem around here is our life style doesn't allow for cut-and-dried plans. I really need to concentrate on this soon as DH and I both need to lose. He is getting a belly and since he had a heart attack in 2002 he needs to be more careful.

Maybe I'll work on this next month when we go camping, between the :crocheting for the games. My project shouldn't take long if I can figure out the pattern.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shelby the points system is quite easy really, wish I had kept the weight off when I did it the second time. I was down to 84kgs and said to myself I am never going to be fat again but my need for yummy food took over my need to be thin. I really should get started again, I dont know how many points a day I am allowed to have though for 110kgs. What project are you going to do.

My one friend was in WW years ago and she did great. Since then she got divorced and her son is on his third tour in Iraq, so she digressed big time.

I'm doing a vest for the games. Years ago my 4-H leader gave it to me and said she could never figure it out. I tried once back then (I was about 9 yrs.old) and got distracted too easily. I found it again not too long ago and thought that could be my "challenge" for the games.

Karen have a great time.

Judy morning to you.

Shelby I too need to lose weight, Im nearly 110kg now and really need to get back to 80kgs but just dont have the willpower and I have done WW twice and everytime I stop doing it I put it all back on and 10kgs more. I was doing WW online and got the points book but it was just so hard. I should make an effort.

Wendy, when I stopped going to meetings I put my weight back on - whcih is why I almost never miss a weekly meeting now. When you reach goal, it's free to belong, you just have to weigh in once a month.

CU later...

My one friend was in WW years ago and she did great. Since then she got divorced and her son is on his third tour in Iraq, so she digressed big time.

That's major stress...one of the things we talk about at WW.

Eating won;t change circumstances....is what we get drilled into us.

I wish she could get back, but right now she's working 2 jobs. I really worry about her as she has to weight at least 300 lbs. and she is 51. It is hard to tactfully find ways to encourage her to do something.

Good Morning, all. :)

Karen, have a wonderful trip! I know you'll enjoy the beautiful scenery. :yes

Cara, it's shopping day. :shop Have fun!

I'm taking Maggie to our new vet this a.m. for a check-up. She's just not acting like she feels well. :think And now I'm doubting everything about our old vet since the episode with Zoe.

I've joined through row 11 of Just Ducky and have squares made for another row. :hook

Mary, you have to follow your instinct with vets..they didn't all graduate in the top third of their class, you know... Good luck:hug:manyheart

Hi, Miss Julie:hug

I'm just back from the WW meeting and the PO.

The PO loves me:yes:devil

Krystal I had some yummy Timtams here, yummalicious.

Judy might have to do the points thing again, Im not sure how many points a day I can have but I reckon it would be about 24 or 26 points. My problem is I eat because I want it not because Im hungry. Last night we had a sara lee apple pie for desert with cream. Now its just me and DH so we just halve that old apple pie and go for it.. :lol Im hopeless.

Mary your making great progress you go girl.

Judy might have to do the points thing again, Im not sure how many points a day I can have but I reckon it would be about 24 or 26 points. My problem is I eat because I want it not because Im hungry. Last night we had a sara lee apple pie for desert with cream. Now its just me and DH so we just halve that old apple pie and go for it.. :lol Im hopeless.

There's a chart where you're asked questions and that's how your points are figured...26 sounds high for you, though...just a guess.

ANd I was scarfing down deserts (SDR was into cakes for a while - good, bakery cakes) and I was having some every night - instead of saving it for a treat. I keep hard candies around (choc/mocha flavor) and they help when I feel deprived.

You have to watch your sugar, too, my friend - I haven't forgotten:hug

Wendy - I have issues with overeating, too.

I have been working lately on trying to eat slower and pay attention to my body's signals. When it gives me any little sign it might be full, I try to stop.

That's how the "core" system WW has works: basic foods are on the list, no measuring, and listening to your body's signal.

I miss my carbs too much to do it:blush

That's how the "core" system WW has works: basic foods are on the list, no measuring, and listening to your body's signal.

I miss my carbs too much to do it:blush

I'm the same way, when I was on WW and trying core, I used my WPA's for carb items.

Aussie, sign up for a meeting, even if you don't want to go on a regular basis /can't afford the weekly fee, at the first meeting you get your points calculator and it's combined w/ the activity booster calculator now.

I might have to go to a meeting I reckon. I really need to lose it otherwise the next time I go to the doctors she will tell me Im a diabetic. I have been lucky that my height disguises it a lot, being nearly 6ft tall helps at least.

Priszm, I tired using the points allowance, but then I was back to counting again anyway:P

Now I keep track in my head - BAD ME - but really need to start writing everything down again....

I might have to go to a meeting I reckon. I really need to lose it otherwise the next time I go to the doctors she will tell me Im a diabetic. I have been lucky that my height disguises it a lot, being nearly 6ft tall helps at least.

Your height does help - and you may have alot more points to use than I thought!

Wendy, WW works....and it's for your health, and for you to feel agood about yourself.

Okay, enough preaching (can you tell I went to the meeting this morning?:lol)

Off to get some:crocheting done.....:hook

Priszm, I tired using the points allowance, but then I was back to counting again anyway:P

Now I keep track in my head - BAD ME - but really need to start writing everything down again....

I'm the same way, I have to journal to keep myself accountable. Problem is, I haven't been doing what I know I should be doing and really isn't that difficult. So I've been on hiatus. Contemplating going back (it's only been a few months), but we'll see. On the plus side I never stopped going to the gym! If I can just journal, I'm sure the weight would melt off! :lol

Julie! It's so good to see you again. :manyheart

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. There are sooo many things I need to be doing, but am going to crochet instead. :lol

Archived