Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

LInda, that's exactly how I felt when I first used ILTY. I don't buy much of anything else. What is the invisible join? I would also wait for the other yellow.

Actually, I misquoted...it is the invisible finish. But I called it joining because it is a way to join that last stitch to the beginning without it showing. I found it on line at the Crochet Cabana site. Here is the addy....

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/invisible-finish.htm

It is really a neat and easy way to finish the squares and makes them easier to join together.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, thanks ladies for agreeing with my original thought. I will wait until I can get another yellow for this one. I'm sure I can find "something" to use the ivory in! :lol

Well, there is ALWAYS the Xmas CAL to get you started!!! :lol

I know, I know. I'm still trying to get my stupid scrapaghan caught up.

I debated frogging it, but it's too far now :)

I will probably add the Casa to the Christmas CAL and between the two CAL's I may get done :lol

Linda M - Oh I'm gonna have to check out that invisible finish. I always HATE that bump :yes

Shelby - Pea salad is a Southern thing I think. It's English peas (think they're called green peas everywhere else), pickle relish, onion, cheese and a dressing that's Miracle Whip with just a touch of ketchup in it. Sounds gross, I know but it's actually pretty darn good. BD could live on the stuff. He'd never had it until my mother made it for Thanksgiving the day before we left to move to NY. First thing he said to me when we got on the Interstate was "Can you make that pea salad your mom made? That stuff was great!" :lol

Pickles - You're like me. I always sneak in one or two at WalMart but WM doesn't carry the ILTY so gotta hit the HL once in a while :hook

Mary - Good for DH going fishing! Sometimes these working hubbies of ours forget to do something they enjoy once in a while :yes

Gotta wait til my DH gets back from Home Depot then ask if he's gonna work on the floor from the inside today. If he's not I'll probably get some sewing done. :yes

Actually, I misquoted...it is the invisible finish. But I called it joining because it is a way to join that last stitch to the beginning without it showing. I found it on line at the Crochet Cabana site. Here is the addy....

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/invisible-finish.htm

It is really a neat and easy way to finish the squares and makes them easier to join together.

That is absolutely BRILLIANT!! Thanks so very much for sharing that! :hug

Cara - does sound gross, but I know how those wacky combinations sometimes come out delicious! There's a salad with green peas at Old Country Buffet, one of my favorite restaurants, and I never really found the recipe. Then again, I never looked that hard.

I like the ones that others have tried and can recommend.

Linda M - Oh I'm gonna have to check out that invisible finish. I always HATE that bump :yes

I ALWAYS use this method. The day I learned it, I dropped all other methods of finishing up.

The other trick I use it to avoid the turn on a granny by making a hdc instead of a ch2 in the last corner. That way, you wind up at the middle of the corner to start your next round. :yes

Well, took a benadryl-induced snooze and the sneezing has abated for the most part. I'm at least able to be vertical now.

I ALWAYS use this method. The day I learned it, I dropped all other methods of finishing up.

The other trick I use it to avoid the turn on a granny by making a hdc instead of a ch2 in the last corner. That way, you wind up at the middle of the corner to start your next round. :yes

Well, took a benadryl-induced snooze and the sneezing has abated for the most part. I'm at least able to be vertical now.

That is the best part of the web and sites like this. After 35+ years of crocheting I thought I'd learned it all. Come to find out I've just touched the surface! :hook

Glad I could be a help. I also avoid the turns on a granny square but I do it by slip stitching across to the center chain and start the next round from there (chain 2 [counts as 1 dc], 2 dc, ch2 for corner, 3 dc, ch 1, then am at the next corner and continue around from there).

Glad I could be a help. I also avoid the turns on a granny square but I do it by slip stitching across to the center chain and start the next round from there (chain 2 [counts as 1 dc], 2 dc, ch2 for corner, 3 dc, ch 1, then am at the next corner and continue around from there).

That's what I do - 'cause I always forget to use the ch 2, hdc method:P

Well, I just went on line and ordered the yellow. And of course I had to order more colors than that to get the free shipping! :lol No sense paying for shipping when I can pay for more yarn instead. :yes

Well, I just went on line and ordered the yellow. And of course I had to order more colors than that to get the free shipping! :lol No sense paying for shipping when I can pay for more yarn instead. :yes

I like the way you think :lol

Hi Ladies. I hope everyone has had a great weekend. :)

Pickles ~ Hi! It sounds like you had a great time with your Mom...and lots of yarn to play with. :yarn

Linda M ~ Way to go on ordering the yarn. Our HL has a terrible time keeping ILTY in stock. One lady who works there told me they can't even always get what they order and suggested I check online. :yes

I joined one more row and have made a few more squares. :hook Time to start working on supper.

Morning everyone

Im a bit lost, I dont know what to do, hmm I have the card trick pillow saltine project I could do or maybe another scrappydoo ghan. Not sure yet.

Linda that invisible finish sounds great.

Aiea hope the move to England is a smooth one.

Krystal when are you going to start a saltine project :devil

Krystal I too do a HDC at the turn so that Im back in the middle of the space to do the next row.

Howdy :hi to everyone

Okay I tried that invisible finish today and it is wonderful. I'll never finish off any other way. Then I went to have a nap and seriously overslept :P Got woken up by Tuon climbing the bed (she can't jump up there...she slides right back off :lol). It was an hour and a half past her food/shot time. I'm still trying to wake up now :blush

Okay I tried that invisible finish today and it is wonderful. I'll never finish off any other way. Then I went to have a nap and seriously overslept :P Got woken up by Tuon climbing the bed (she can't jump up there...she slides right back off :lol). It was an hour and a half past her food/shot time. I'm still trying to wake up now :blush

Cara, I'm so glad Tuon is doing well. Zoe has been slowly getting back to her normal crazy self. She is finally eating more and talking more. :D

Cara, I'm so glad Tuon is doing well. Zoe has been slowly getting back to her normal crazy self. She is finally eating more and talking more. :D

That's excellent news! :clap

Archived