Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

:DI'm making "spining wheels" (slightly modified) for my friend. Can I join in the fun here?

Welcome, Liz! We're glad you're here. :hook

24 solids and 8 bi color for me please

They're added...and can't wait for another progress picture. :yes

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda, have a wonderful trip and please check in when you can. :manyheart

Hi Valerie! Yay for a vacation - you definitely deserve one. :hug

Happy 4th of July, everyone. :firecrack

I'll be back with the "scorecard" in a little while. :)

Here is what I have as of this morning. Please let me know if any changes need to be made. :) Everyone is welcome to join in. This is an ongoing "just for fun" contest!

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) 1687

Wendy (Aussie) 1657

Shelly (Super Granny) 1541

Mary (Skysmom) 1184

Sunny (sunnyvale) 953

Tracy (tracystroebel) 877

Shay (Shaylen) 575

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Linda M. (mizmo) 414

Heather (hseger) 345

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 305

Karen (econ-nerd) 251

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Sharon (CandEsMom) 143

TKC 72

Judy (judianne) 55

Tammy (TammyG) 25

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

Well I did 43 more solids yesterday to finish off what I needed for my It takes a village afghan. I finished connecting it today, hopefully tomorrow I can get all those loose ends taken care of... (yeah I know, next time I'll take care of them as I go.) I also took a car ride to luxemburg (I'm still living in germany until sunday, so it was only an hour away.) to go see a movie with some friends so I took a new skien and started a new project since I didn't have room to take the whole afghan to work on finishing my first one, well I finished another 15 today. So overall I've done 372 squares. Yay.

My next one I am using the card trick quilt block as the main theme of the afghan. I really like these afghans, though I see now my first one was definetly a learning experience...

Mary, 5 solids for me, please. :hook

Change of plans on Just Ducky. The towel rails are going to be wooden and the towel is going to be white with a pink stripe. I couldn't find enough pink in my stash for the whole towel and I am trying to use just stash for these. :yarn

sprtsbear ~ Congratulations on finishing the bus ghan. :yay We love pictures. ;)

Aiea ~ Wow! You've accomplished so much in a short time. :yes My first one was a real learning experience. :lol Good for you for planning your next ghan.

Hi Tracy! I've been working on my Just Ducky today, too. Sort of got carried away making squares and now have a ziploc full that need to be joined. It's definitely not the first time I've done this.:hook 5 squares added!

Morning everyone :hi

Sprtsbear congratulations on finishing the bus ghan.

Aiea your doing well and Im also doing the card trick quilt block as a pillow. Im using cream as the background and green and blue as the cards.

Mary thanks for the update on the listing. I cant believe how many saltines we have all done.

Now that the ATW is finished the only saltine project I have left is the card trick pillow until the games when I can start the Koala. Hmm unless I do the Milo and Coco cat cuddle quilt I designed.:think

Hi Wendy ~ I hope you're having a wonderful long weekend. :) Being in second place is better than first place...it takes the pressure off. :lol

DH is grilling beautiful filets for dinner, so I'm off to make a salad and dressing.

Oooh we're back and I'm stuffed :P Yummy tater salad and BBQ, buttered tortillas and b-day cake. :drool And home in time for Tuon's shot. Got lots of crocheting done, too for no longer than we were gone.

My MIL and future (hopefully) SIL started asking questions. I found out today that my MIL crochets! I didn't know that. I've known her 13 years and never knew. :eek

Obviously, though she doesn't do it often. She asked how I kept all the rows the same size :lol Told her it was all in the tension and tried to explain it. Hard to explain tension to someone. She watched me like a hawk for about an hour while we talked. Hopefully, she got something useful from it. I know my 13 years of following her around have paid off for me. I'd love to have the favor repaid :manyheart

Had a great time even though it was short :D

Cara, how could your MIL NOT have told you she crochets too?

The only reason I can think she wouldn;t is that she saw your beautiful work and was intimidated;)

Cara, how could your MIL NOT have told you she crochets too?

The only reason I can think she wouldn;t is that she saw your beautiful work and was intimidated;)

I dunno but she's never said anything and I've never seen her do any needlework except for sewing :shrug

I'm jealous of all the yummy foods everyone got to have! I had to work last night and was just generally wore out. So I slept until 11 today. And I'm sitting here "at" work again :( So no fireworks for me tonight. Although given the sounds of thunder I'm hearing, that's probably going to be the case for a lot of people :lol

On the plus side I'm getting a lot done on my pink ribbon afghan! Since decided to join as I go instead, I've gone back to what I've already done and frogged back the second round then joined. I started on the rown that has the top of the ribbons and I'm on my third row already!!

Cara I cant believe that all this time she can crochet. I know it can be frustrating if you cant get the tension right but I always thought it was more a problem with knitting then with crocheting. Hopefully by watching you it might have helped her with her tension problem and who knows you could both be sitting there soon together crocheting the afternoon away.

Cara I cant believe that all this time she can crochet. I know it can be frustrating if you cant get the tension right but I always thought it was more a problem with knitting then with crocheting. Hopefully by watching you it might have helped her with her tension problem and who knows you could both be sitting there soon together crocheting the afternoon away.

That would be fabulous! I'm what seems to be a rarity these days...someone who enjoys spending time with her in-laws :lol I got lucky and I know it :yes

Im glad that my Mum is into craft work and so we enjoy being together doing what we love and chatting. At the moment Mum has started a tapestry and she is going to bring it with her tomorrow. I hope one day that my daughters will get involved in some sort of craftwork because you need to have something to do. I know lots of people that dont read or do craftwork and thats fine when your young but what do you do once your older and no longer work.

Cara its great that your MIL is crocheting and now that you know about it, you will be able to help her. Maybe she was scared to ask for your help.

Here are my photos

th_ATW050708.jpgMy ATW Cuddle all finished.

Wow! That is beautiful

I haven't gotten any work done today, back to packing again. But I'll have a couple of hours in the car tomorrow to work.

Your ATW is beautiful Wendy! Mine is finished, too. I'll try to get a pic posted later today or tomorrow.

Archived