Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Afternoon or Morning' date='[/size']

I received this e-mail from "Talking Crochet ...with Carol Alexander, June 24, 2008: Bold & Beautiful Afghans That Celebrate Color!"

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/index.html

This article show all kinds of ways to join squares and motifs (also saltines!). :yes

I thought it might be a great reference tool. :hook

:manyheart

Thank you so much - her pictures and instructions are wonderful!

Tracy - you are a great multi-tasker. :hook I've added your squares.

I brought Zoe home, she trotted into use her litter box, nibbled on some dry food, drank some water and is giving herself a bath on the back of her favorite chair. :lol Tears of joy for me...and am praying she continues to be okay. :) She's not out of the woods yet and they want her on the antibiotics for 10 more days. Thank you all for being here for me (and Zoe, of course) :manyheart

I brought Zoe home, she trotted into use her litter box, nibbled on some dry food, drank some water and is giving herself a bath on the back of her favorite chair. :lol Tears of joy for me...and am praying she continues to be okay. :) She's not out of the woods yet and they want her on the antibiotics for 10 more days. Thank you all for being here for me (and Zoe, of course) :manyheart

That's great news! :clap Guess she just wanted to be home :D

Morning everyone

I did a heap of saltines last night and sewed some more together. I also started sewing my butterfly squares as I have so much to do, but they dont count as saltines because they are 3 rows squares.

Judy you must be so proud of your son. :hug. Is he still going out with the same girl, are there wedding bells yet.

Cara you must be so pleased to see Tuon acting like her old self again.

Linda Im glad you have something sorted for the games. It sounds wonderful and it doesnt matter if you dont get it finished its just being a part of the games that will be the most fun.

Tracy thats fantastic, you have finished the cuddle.:clap

Mary Im so pleased that Zoe is home and is eating and drinking. You must be so relieved. I hope she continues to improve. :hug

:hug:manyheart:manyheart:hug:yay:yay

Carla, thanks so much for the link - her illustrations are so clear!

Wendy, DS is living with his GF (of 1 1/2 years) now. Don't know about wedding bells any time soon, but I'm sure HER parents might be asking that question of her before too long. Personally, I don't see the advantage to HER in the present arrangement, but...

She IS a girl just like dear old mom...She's Polish (I am, on my mother's side), she loves to read, loves animals (she even had a GSdog when little) and has a Masters in Biology. Kathy is very bright, but also very sweet and a person with a nurturing way about her.

I think DS has found what he didn't know he was looking for:manyheart We told him he'd better not let her get away:D

My brilliant brainstorm of a pattern may well be a bust. The size is not working out right. Sigh!:shrug I think it's back to the drawing board. Again....

Mary-I understand about sick kitties. It's heartbreaking to see them feeling bad. The medicine will be really fun though as she feels better and better! :eek

Today's saltine count: 28 solids and 2 more rows :)

Cara-I know it makes your heart sing to see your kitties running around together and feeling better. :manyheart

:hug

Linda, so sorry about the pattern...but if anyone can figure it out, you can! :hook

Hi Wendy. You are sooo speedy with the squares...I'm the one fading out of sight in your rear view mirror lately. :lol

Carla, it is amazing how many cat lovers are here. :yes Thank you for the encouragement. :manyheart Great progress on the squares!

I think I figured out my computer issues at the 'ville thanks to a McAffee forum board, but time will tell. :)

Morning ladies :yawn

Mary - Well dear, you've had reason to fall behind of late, I'd say :hug How's the patient?

Linda - Oh I know how frustrating it can be when something doesn't work out patternwise :hug Like Wendy said, can we help?

Judy - Hmm, well at least we have them moved in together. :scrachin Maybe soon there'll be a wedding. Does he know he has so many women sending Marriage Vibes at him? :lol

Now where the heck is Tracy? She's being a slug-a-bug isn't she? I think this morning I need her to holler me awake :lol

I'm totally jealous today :irk BD starts back on his regular 10 a.m. schedule today. He still asleep. Oh except for him waking up to go to the bathroom at 7:05 while I'm in post-alarm clock haze and asking me, "Did you get up to feed your cat and give her her shot?" Isn't he just so helpful? :tryme:lol

Ahhh thanks ladies :hug Now I'm feeling more awake :D

Wendy - I see you caught that about "your cat". When it comes to get up early or her misbehaving she's my cat. Any other time he's more like, "aww who's Daddy's pretty baby? Yes. Tuon's Daddy's baby" :yuck

Ahhh thanks ladies :hug Now I'm feeling more awake :D

Wendy - I see you caught that about "your cat". When it comes to get up early or her misbehaving she's my cat. Any other time he's more like, "aww who's Daddy's pretty baby? Yes. Tuon's Daddy's baby" :yuck

:lol :lol yes isnt that always the way though.

Judy - Hmm, well at least we have them moved in together. :scrachin Maybe soon there'll be a wedding. Does he know he has so many women sending Marriage Vibes at him? :lol

I'm totally jealous today :irk BD starts back on his regular 10 a.m. schedule today. He still asleep. Oh except for him waking up to go to the bathroom at 7:05 while I'm in post-alarm clock haze and asking me, "Did you get up to feed your cat and give her her shot?" Isn't he just so helpful? :tryme:lol

I don't think the kid has a clue:lol:lol:lol

...I get the same thing...It's MY dog when stuff happens...esp with Susie. She's the one with the medical issues, so she is always MY DOG!:P

Linda - Oh I know how frustrating it can be when something doesn't work out patternwise :hug Like Wendy said, can we help?

Good morning, everyone. I'm not really awake yet. John just left for work.

[A] On the pattern problems. (1) The yarn is lighter weight than I'm used to working with and the blocks are coming out way too small. (2) I managed to do something wrong while working on the pattern and wiped out all my control buttons and couldn't get them back. (3) I was tired and in pain and discouraged last night none of which helps the creative juices to flow. Potential solutions: (1) use different yarn &/or a bigger crochet hook, (2) restart the program and play with the pattern some more, and (3) went to bed early last night & not wait so long to take a pain pill today.

Judy, my daughter and her husband lived together for over a year before getting married and now they've been married for almost 10 years. I know DD was worried about problems after seeing my marriage end in divorce.

[C] Shame on BD waking you up, Cara. :yell:tryme:yell

While we've transferred "ownership" of our animals at various times in life, usually it's Dad's sister we dis-claim. She's always Lyle's cousin. NEVER my aunt or Dad's sister :lol

Linda, with DS he has seen friends go through marriage problems..and maybe he doesn't think he has the staying power we do...who knows. All I know is that as long as young women are witlling to play wife without the legal bebefits it's the men who are the winners.

I love my son, but I also know that men can be slugs at times.

Archived