Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Karen, I commented on the other one. But it's worth another comment! It's gorgeous!

I got an email that my yarn is being shipped!! Waahooo! That means I should have it sometime next week. Yippee! Ohh, guess that means I need to finish the pink ribbon.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is a picture of the BIC. :hook

th_100_1514.jpg

clickable

OH, I like that very much. Nice job, Tracy!! Pretty colors. I was not sure how well the pattern would show up in a baby quilt, but it looks just perfect! I am rather wishing I had not chosen to do a king-sized Double IC, but I am too far into it, now to change my mind. I like yours, though, and I thank you for sharing.

TA DA!!!! Here is the finally completed ATW :yes

th_HPIM1363.jpg

th_HPIM1364.jpg

th_HPIM1365.jpg

"Ta-da" (with about a hundred exclamation points behind it) is right. This is just wonderful! I know you mentioned that it is a tad long for your bed, so does that mean that it was not made for your home? Are you going to give it away after all of your hard work? Beautiful!!

I have not been crocheting much this week, as I have been working with my youngest's teacher to have her bumped-up a level at school. She is 3 (4 in two weeks), so we had to enroll her in Pre-school classes by MN state law. By the end of the year, her class is supposed to know three colors and five shapes. DD's favorite color is, "fuchsia," and she has followed her big sister around since she could toddle. It just seemed as though she could handle a little more of a challenge. Thankfully, the teacher and principal agreed, and we were able to move her into the Pre-Kindergarten program. She attends class 3 days/week and absolutely loves it. Now that I am not sitting in on classes and talking with the principal daily, I ought to be able to pick up my hook for more than 5 minutes at a time. I did get two envelopes of yarn delivered in today's mail, and I can hardly wait to get my fingers into them. It's my turn to play, now.:D

Tracy your BIC is just gorgeous, love the colors. :clap

Karen I really like the ATW it looks fantastic. :clap

I havent done anymore on my DICghan but I have done some more GT squares. They go quickly as I now work the rows so I finish at the corner. Makes it easier for me.

Karen ~ your ATW is beautiful! Congratulations on finishing such a wonderful quilt ghan. :hook

Val ~ Yay for your yarn being on the way. :yarn

Hi to those I've missed, too. :) It's been sort of crazy around here the last two days. MIL is back in the hospital and will be going into a full care center on Sat. DH cancelled a business trip and has been spending the night at the hospital, because the nurses "couldn't control her." I'll be in and out tomorrow, but will check in when I can. :manyheart

hello all ... I didn't get new yarn in the mail but I got presents

Thank you Wendy... the nail clippers have been used already and the sewing kit is in my purse... the wooden hook is so nice and smooth... I haven't used it yet but I keep taking it out and feeling it...

Thank you Linda... that doily you made is absolutely beautiful.. I haven't figured out where to put it yet.. I am going to be redoing my living room here shortly (nothing dramatic mainly changing things around) maybe I'll use it then..

TA DA!!!! Here is the finally completed ATW :yes

th_HPIM1363.jpg

th_HPIM1364.jpg

th_HPIM1365.jpg

I am pretty happy with this :D It is too big for our bed though... It is too long but I guess that's fine. Also I should have only done one round of royal blue instead of two on the edge.

I do however LOVE the rhdc border :manyheart

I'm also posting this in the afghan show and tell and the SKY thread

OMG that thing is gorgeous! I love your colors!

Mary, I agree with Tracy...take care of yourself and DH...I've seen how hard it is for sons whentheir mom is in bad shape. Give him a hug, and one for ourself, too. I hope everything goes okay...:hug:hug:manyheart

Good Morning, all. :)

Tracy, that is so exciting! Have fun playing with your new yarn. :yarn

Denise ~ Hope you find lots of hiding places. :D

Wendy, can't wait to see your GT. :yes

Judy, thank you. I know you've had many of the same experiences we have. :hug

Thanks for all the support, ladies. It means the world to me that we can share the good and bad with eachother. :manyheart DH came home about 5 and is sound asleep. They brought my new washer about 9. :yay

Good Morning, all. :)

Tracy, that is so exciting! Have fun playing with your new yarn. :yarn

Denise ~ Hope you find lots of hiding places. :D

Wendy, can't wait to see your GT. :yes

Judy, thank you. I know you've had many of the same experiences we have. :hug

Thanks for all the support, ladies. It means the world to me that we can share the good and bad with eachother. :manyheart DH came home about 5 and is sound asleep. They brought my new washer about 9. :yay

Yay for the new washer! Hmm, wanna come break mine so I can convince my apt complex to replace it? :lol

Wow! Lots of squares added this week. :crocheting (Updated Friday, 9/19/08)

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1754

Mary (Skysmom) 1668

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Linda M. (mizmo) 1404

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1223

Dusti (rii698) 1151

Karen (econ-nerd) 1138

Cathy (crashcat07) 932

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Wendy (Aussie) *** 677

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 596

Donna (sewnsew) 483

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Heather (hseger) 359

Denise (denisethorpe) 351

Tammy (TammyG) 212

mommy neel (mommy neel) 194

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 133

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 106

Kidget29 (Kidget29) 79

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

Our yarn arrived this morning. :woo Denise is already winding hers up and trying to work out where to hide it. :lol

It's official. We've thorougly corrupted Denise :rofl :rofl

DH came home about 5 and is sound asleep. They brought my new washer about 9. :yay

Hope he can get some much needed rest :hug Hooray for the new washer! :yay

It takes so little to please us:D

Ain't it the truth :D

Okay, window/siding man has come and gone and left behind an estimate. Now just my wayward electrician and then we can go to the bank :D

Archived