Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Just sneeking in to put my 2 cents worth in about this. I :lurk here as everyone does such lovely work and makes me :drool.

But back to the hook, I have had the lucite ones from Susan Bates that are a plastic too break like that and have tried super glue and E6000 to fix it. It didn't work for me even letting the E6000 set up for several days it still pulled apart in the spot that broke. Sneeking back out....

Hi Carla! Come see us more often. :hook

The MS 150 for mid-Florida is taking place May 16-17th (I'm pretty sure that was the date :lol). I don't know where it's starting this year. But last year it started at Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven and went through the Lake Wales Ridge. Which is full of lots and lots of rolling hills. My poor legs couldn't handle it. The second day I made it to the third rest stop before they gave out on me. Here's the blog entry I did that shows a pic of one of the hills. I'm excited about having a team this year and I'm working on a way out of the hills. I'm thinking of having DBF's parents follow me, and when I get to the hills, have them take me to lunch, thereby bypassing all those PITA's :lol

Val, I think it's wonderful that you're so involved...and your idea about lunch instead of hills is great. ;)

Mary, 25 solids for me, please. :hook I have been working on the BIC tonight.

Can't wait for a picture. :yes

Donna ~ 10 solid squares added. :hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The MS 150 for mid-Florida is taking place May 16-17th (I'm pretty sure that was the date :lol). I don't know where it's starting this year. But last year it started at Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven and went through the Lake Wales Ridge. Which is full of lots and lots of rolling hills. My poor legs couldn't handle it. The second day I made it to the third rest stop before they gave out on me. Here's the blog entry I did that shows a pic of one of the hills. I'm excited about having a team this year and I'm working on a way out of the hills. I'm thinking of having DBF's parents follow me, and when I get to the hills, have them take me to lunch, thereby bypassing all those PITA's :lol

It sounds great, couldnt look at the site as they block blogs at work :( but will have a look when I get home. Hey what a great idea to bypass the hills. I wouldnt be able to make it up them.

Hi everyone. Just checking in real quick. I probably won't be doing many saltines for a bit. Got a WIP someone wants to pay me for so that has to take priority. I might be able to sneak some saltines in though here and there.

I did get some done last night while the girls were in the pool. I got 10 solids done for the BIC.

It's been a busy day here. I'm not sure where it all went but it felt like I didn't have enough time all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more relaxed day for me though. I'm headed off to find my hook. I'll see you all in the morning.

Donna thats great that someone is going to pay you to crochet an item, you go girl. :yay

Eeek! I just ordered my yarn for my DICG!!! Yay! Woohoo! Eeek!

Thats fantastic:yay

Hey Wendy! How are you?

It sounds great, couldnt look at the site as they block blogs at work :( but will have a look when I get home. Hey what a great idea to bypass the hills. I wouldnt be able to make it up them.

Donna thats great that someone is going to pay you to crochet an item, you go girl. :yay

Thats fantastic:yay

Thanks Wendy. But I'm a sucker LOL. I usually only charge friends my supplies. Although she said she wants to pay more. So we shall see. I still think it's great though.

I'm going to have to figure that one out, too.

My friend wants to pay me for a RR she commissioned me to make for her oldest DD...I already have the Homespun for it. My DS says I should keep track of the time it takes me for these projects so I can come up with an hourly charge.

Two reasons why I can't/won't:

I'm not that organized...and I do normally crochet in small segments of time

...and I don't think anyone could afford it - or would want to pay what it could cost!

My friend wants to pay me for a RR she commissioned me to make for her oldest DD...I already have the Homespun for it. My DS says I should keep track of the time it takes me for these projects so I can come up with an hourly charge.

...and I don't think anyone could afford it - or would want to pay what it could cost!

I've seen other posts that say they usually charge double the cost of supplies.

I ordered 5 skeins each of RH Soft in Chocolate, Toast and Honey. Huh, now I'm hungry :lol I hope it's enough. If not, my local Joann's has Chocolate in and it says no dye lot, so I should be ok there. I still need to finish the pink ribbon. I ran out of white, again. Picked some up during lunch yesterday when I went to get blood taken. I have to say, going mid-afternoon for that is amazing. I was in and out in 5 minutes! And it helps that I didn't need to fast for my tests :clap

Good Morning, all. :)

Val ~ your yarn colors will be beautiful together!

Judy and Donna ~ It's really hard to know what to charge someone. Several years ago, a friend asked me to make two baby afghans. She bought the yarn and took me to lunch 3 or 4 times. :lol

The morning is off to a not-so-great start. My washer decided to die after a long, loud screech that even woke DH. It's 10 years old and we had already decided not to put any more money into it...so it's washer shopping for me this a.m. Then, klutzy me tripped over Maggie and skinned my knee. Can't remember the last time I had a band-aid on my knee. :blush And it's barely 8 a.m. :D

Judy I know what you mean. If it was just a stranger or someone I didn't know that well I'd probably charge at least double the cost of yarn.

Mary I have a friend that is giving me the yarn and some new patterns for me making her a shawl.

The morning is off to a not-so-great start. My washer decided to die after a long, loud screech that even woke DH. It's 10 years old and we had already decided not to put any more money into it...so it's washer shopping for me this a.m. Then, klutzy me tripped over Maggie and skinned my knee. Can't remember the last time I had a band-aid on my knee. :blush And it's barely 8 a.m. :D
Sneeking in... At least it wasnt tripping over your own to feet and bumping into the door jam at the same time like me . :lol sneeking back out....

Priszm...I had to fast for my blood work, and I need to get it over ASAP. I picked a good day...they said Monday and Tuesday were rough. I was back home, door to door, in about 1/2 hour.

Speaking about klutzes....ever since I was a kid...tripping UP the stairs...tripping down the stairs...spraining my neck on the HS trampoline, tripping over por dogs (more times than I can count). You name it.:lol

I think we women have too many things on our minds at all times for us to pay attention to the tiny obstacles around us.:P

Judi, thankfully this wasn't a fasting test. I had my liver enzymes checked and I'm pretty sure a Complete Blood Count. The medication I'm on has been known to cause, among other things, issues with the liver. Not only was I in and out fast yesterday, but my doc called an hour ago with the results! Talk about fast! And yay, they're normal.

Regarding tripping, when there are animals around, it's all their fault. They're small and we don't walk around just looking down :D I can't tell you how many times I've done the animal hop trying to NOT step on one of the cats.

Good Morning, all. :)

Val ~ your yarn colors will be beautiful together!

Judy and Donna ~ It's really hard to know what to charge someone. Several years ago, a friend asked me to make two baby afghans. She bought the yarn and took me to lunch 3 or 4 times. :lol

Oh dear. What a day :hug I really truly think it's something in the air with appliances dying this past week or so :no Hope your day improves dramatically :hug

I always charge 2.5 times the cost of materials. Friends, family or whoever. Actually last time I bartered for one of those wicker benches for my front porch. That one worked out very well for me :wink

Oh No Mary! I feel your pain.....really I do....how do you think I got my name???? :lol Major klutz!

I got 22 solids and 16 bi-colors done and joined to my CASA yesterday!!! Whoo hoo, I'm almost half done!!:)

:lol I've always kinda wondered about your name :lol Great job on the Casa :cheer

I think we women have too many things on our minds at all times for us to pay attention to the tiny obstacles around us.:P

Oh I like that. That's my new reason :yes

I got four days of from work:clap

Mary 108 solids for me :)

My TIC is coming along nicely.:cheer

Im doing 9 6x6

6 5x6

1 5x5 blocks

108 solids! Excellent job :h5

Re Tripping: I think Tuon is trying to kill me :lol She waits until I'm walking down the dark hallway and darts in front of me :lol I'm not real steady on my feet to begin with and that doesn't help. So far so good though. Neither of us has gotten badly hurt...knock wood :D

Mary, hope it heals quickly.

I have given up counting how many times I walk into door handles :blush and bruise my arms. :lol Must be at least once a day. You would think I would know where those darn handles are by now. :lol

Mary, 50 solids for me, please. :hook I have now :crocheted and stitched 5 5x5 squares together and busy stitching the 6th 5x5 square together. Just three more left for the BIC. :woo

WTG, Tracy! You and your mom are regular hooking machines these days.

I'll bet she wonders what she ever did with herself before you came there and corrupted her again:lol:lol

Oh No Mary! I feel your pain.....really I do....how do you think I got my name???? :lol Major klutz!

I got 22 solids and 16 bi-colors done and joined to my CASA yesterday!!! Whoo hoo, I'm almost half done!!:)

Great progress, Laura Lee! :hook

I got four days of from work:clap

Mary 108 solids for me :)

My TIC is coming along nicely.:cheer

Im doing 9 6x6

6 5x6

1 5x5 blocks

Wow, Denise! Can't wait to see your TIC. :yes

Mary, hope it heals quickly.

I have given up counting how many times I walk into door handles :blush and bruise my arms. :lol Must be at least once a day. You would think I would know where those darn handles are by now. :lol

Mary, 50 solids for me, please. :hook I have now :crocheted and stitched 5 5x5 squares together and busy stitching the 6th 5x5 square together. Just three more left for the BIC. :woo

50 added!

Thanks for making me feel better...it's nice to know I'm not the only klutzy one here. ;) The new washer won't be delivered til Friday, but at least I had done almost all the laundry before it died. Just think how much yarn I could buy with that money. :lol

I've got to put away groceries. Have a great afternoon/evening. :manyheart

WTG, Tracy! You and your mom are regular hooking machines these days.

I'll bet she wonders what she ever did with herself before you came there and corrupted her again:lol:lol

:lol :lol

Thanks for making me feel better...it's nice to know I'm not the only klutzy one here. ;) The new washer won't be delivered til Friday, but at least I had done almost all the laundry before it died. Just think how much yarn I could buy with that money. :lol

I've got to put away groceries. Have a great afternoon/evening. :manyheart

Oh I hear ya :yes Every time we have to buy some big ticket item I started calculating how much yarn I could've gotten :lol

Busy day today. Tuesdays are my new day out. The last two I've spent most of my day helping my sister study for anatomy and pysiology tests. Man, there's a bunch of stuff that goes on in the body :lol

Now gotta make BD something to eat, then catch up everywhere else then finally I will, hopefully, be able to :hook

Me, corrupt somebody? :eek Now would I really do something like that? :devil

Our Tracy? No, she could never do that. :D

Cara, you're such a good sister. That is so neat that you can help her study. :manyheart

Only 7 more squares to make for the 4th block (5 x 5). :cheer Not sure why I'm so excited...only 21 more blocks to go. :lol

Archived