Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hey Wendy!!!!

Everything alright? How did DAD like all the yarn? Do you get the mary Maxim book? some wonderful latch hook in the christmas catalog. When I saw it I thought about him. I know I would love a present like that!!

Cathy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just chcking in! I have 18 solids done. I haven't really worked on this for a while, but I have been working on the GT and have 55 squares done on that. Gonna work on the CASA today after work though and see how far I can get before the son comes home from school.

Amy, great job! I am absolutely in love with that.

I agree on the pink ribbon blanket, 3 rows to even it out. Looks fantastic by the way!!

Have a great week everyone!!

I have never ventured into baby clothes yet... But i do have a few patterns for clothing.. I ought try.. I think I gotta take a break from these saltines a while, I dont want another big project. I know that i cant do long rows.... its like watching the grass grow, guess I dont have the patience. :D

I gotta go to work.. there are probably still Texans there. Probably dont know when they are gonna be able to go home... heartbreaking

Cya,

Cathy

Mary, 11 solids for me, please. :hook

Hi Tracy! Sorry if I've missed this...what colors are you using? Are you making the Double IC? :D

Howdy everyone. :hi

My IC is going well, I now have 6 blocks of 5x5 finished.

Mary 53 solids for me please.

WTG, Wendy! :cheer

Mary,

Did you have fun on your vacation? I think its great just to be able to get away!! Glad you made it back safe with all this crazy weather!!!!!!!

Please add 36 solids and 8 bi-color.

Thanks,

Cathy

Yes, we had a wonderful time! Congrats on getting so many squares made. :hook

Just chcking in! I have 18 solids done. I haven't really worked on this for a while, but I have been working on the GT and have 55 squares done on that. Gonna work on the CASA today after work though and see how far I can get before the son comes home from school.

18 squares added. :yes Wow! Great progress on the GT.

Howdy ladies :flower

Get saltine totals from this weekend :clap Everyone's doing so great :hook

Was gonna work on my IC last night but I ended up playing a game instead :blush Oh well, there's always today. Except I think today I'm gonna take a little break from it and work on some smaller projects I have in mind. No afghans just some little stuff :yes

Have a great day everyone :manyheart

Ohhh! I have to share this! I'm soooo excited! Last year I meet another employee from my company at the bike MS 150. This year, we're co-captioning a team and we just got permission to use the company name! That means we can recruit riders from work!!! Yay!!

Ohhh! I have to share this! I'm soooo excited! Last year I meet another employee from my company at the bike MS 150. This year, we're co-captioning a team and we just got permission to use the company name! That means we can recruit riders from work!!! Yay!!

That's great news Val :clap

Yay! :cheer

Val...I felt old when I read your post and saw your excitement:P

:lol:lol:lol

Why? And if it's any consolation, I'm trying to figure out how I can skip the hills. 'Cause whoever said FL is flat, LIED!

Val ~ that is wonderful news! When is the MS 150? Hills! :eek Watching people ride bikes in San Francisco was incredible...DH and I were amazed at them on those really steep hills.

Tracy, the IC will be adorable in the baby size and colors. :c9

Finally! I have joined the first two 5 x 5 blocks of my double IC. :cheer It feels like forever since I've accomplished much with my crocheting. :yes

It's a beautiful day and we have windows open...that almost never happens in September. :)

Oh how exciting for you.:yay When is the race.

Val ~ that is wonderful news! When is the MS 150? Hills! :eek Watching people ride bikes in San Francisco was incredible...DH and I were amazed at them on those really steep hills.

Tracy, the IC will be adorable in the baby size and colors. :c9

Finally! I have joined the first two 5 x 5 blocks of my double IC. :cheer It feels like forever since I've accomplished much with my crocheting. :yes

It's a beautiful day and we have windows open...that almost never happens in September. :)

Mary IC your making great progress there. Well done :clap

Yes the weather is very strange all over isnt it. Last Saturday we had such beautiful 28C weather and yesterday we had thunderstorms and gail force winds. Very unusual. It is great to have a nice day where you dont need the heater or airconditioner on and you can have the windows open.

The Crystalites are plastic and it snapped right in the middle of the thinner oval-y area. I obviously was gripping too hard. But I was doing a hhdc - herringbone hdc - which isn't moving as nicely for me as other stitches do. If I didn't like the look of it, I'd frog and do hdc only :lol
Just sneeking in to put my 2 cents worth in about this. I :lurk here as everyone does such lovely work and makes me :drool.

But back to the hook, I have had the lucite ones from Susan Bates that are a plastic too break like that and have tried super glue and E6000 to fix it. It didn't work for me even letting the E6000 set up for several days it still pulled apart in the spot that broke. Sneeking back out....

Morning Wendy. :hi

Val, good news for the cycling, almost sounds fun. :D

The MS 150 for mid-Florida is taking place May 16-17th (I'm pretty sure that was the date :lol). I don't know where it's starting this year. But last year it started at Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven and went through the Lake Wales Ridge. Which is full of lots and lots of rolling hills. My poor legs couldn't handle it. The second day I made it to the third rest stop before they gave out on me. Here's the blog entry I did that shows a pic of one of the hills. I'm excited about having a team this year and I'm working on a way out of the hills. I'm thinking of having DBF's parents follow me, and when I get to the hills, have them take me to lunch, thereby bypassing all those PITA's :lol

Hi everyone. Just checking in real quick. I probably won't be doing many saltines for a bit. Got a WIP someone wants to pay me for so that has to take priority. I might be able to sneak some saltines in though here and there.

I did get some done last night while the girls were in the pool. I got 10 solids done for the BIC.

It's been a busy day here. I'm not sure where it all went but it felt like I didn't have enough time all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more relaxed day for me though. I'm headed off to find my hook. I'll see you all in the morning.

Archived