Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hi Pickles :hi What is with appliances this week? :think Our bedroom a/c unit blinked out, your laptop and my microwave about an hour ago. I'm deep in mourning. I can't function without a microwave :no

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I couldn't live without a microwave either! If its any consolation I just broke my toe! Bleeding and all!

Oh you poor thing! :hug I'd much rather have a broken microwave than a broken toe :(

Awww man! I snapped my hook! I'm working on a Fat Bottom Bag and I was using a J Crystalite hook. And the dang thing just snapped :( It's a really good thing I have an aluminum on hand.

Oh thats a shame. Yes its a good thing to have back up hooks just in case.

Hi everyone. We're home - :yay...the flight was great; the drive home from DFW took way too long because of high winds and flooding. All is well at home and we're glad to be here. I can't wait to catch up with you all tomorrow and see everyone's progress. :hook

Im so glad your home safely. :hug

Just stopping in real quick. Working on a couple of things this weekend and still trying to get settled. Also the laptop is on the fritz so I have to use DH computer when I want to get on and thats just a hassle so I haven't been around much. Miss you all! Hope everyone is doing good! :hug

Pickles hope you can get your laptop fixed soon. Its annoying when they dont work properly.

Hi Pickles :hi What is with appliances this week? :think Our bedroom a/c unit blinked out, your laptop and my microwave about an hour ago. I'm deep in mourning. I can't function without a microwave :no

Oh dear, sorry about the microwave. Can you get it easily fixed.

A broken toe?!?! :hug

I'm not sure what my next saltine project will be. I think I might just make some baby blankets out of scraps, don't want to bog myself down with a big one at the moment, too much stuff going on right now!

Morning ladies.

Mary glad to see you made it home safely.

Cara sorry you didn't get more Tstorms. But I'm glad that you didn't get any of the serious weather.

Shelly wow you got alot done this week.

I finished the last block of the AGC and am sewing them together. Then I'll probably work on my H bag some more today.

While Mary was gone I made 61 solids and 18 bi-colors.

:2eek So sorry about the hook! I thought those things were unbreakable!!

Just stopping in real quick. Working on a couple of things this weekend and still trying to get settled. Also the laptop is on the fritz so I have to use DH computer when I want to get on and thats just a hassle so I haven't been around much. Miss you all! Hope everyone is doing good! :hug

The Crystalites are plastic and it snapped right in the middle of the thinner oval-y area. I obviously was gripping too hard. But I was doing a hhdc - herringbone hdc - which isn't moving as nicely for me as other stitches do. If I didn't like the look of it, I'd frog and do hdc only :lol

I had to get a new microwave recently too. My old one still works, but got extremely hot on the sides when using it only a couple of minutes. And it occurred to me, this is the first brand new microwave I've ever had (I'm not counting the one at the new dorms or my parents). I had checked out Walmart and decided to check Sam's before buying. We went to Sam's and one that I was looking at at Walmart, was more expensive at Sam's :think. I told the employee about that, 'cause Sam's is usually a little bit cheaper.

Hey wonderfully fabulous creative people's! I need an opinion. Here's my Pink Ribbon Ghan: (clickable)

th_PinkRibbonupdate.jpg

It's currently just shy of 57" long and is 50ish inches wide (I measured, and my dang short term memory I forgot what it was!). The opinion I need, I plan on adding white squares at the top and bottom. Originally I was thinking 3 rows on each end. Now I'm thinking 1-2. Maybe just 1 :lol. I'm going to do an edging in pink. So thoughts? 1 row of white at each end or 2? Thanks guys!

Hi ladies! Slowly, but surely getting caught up with laundry, etc. We had a wonderful time, but it's always good to be home. :)

Here are the squares I've added since Monday (9/12) - Please let me know if I've missed anyone. :hook

Suzanne...40 solids/2 bi-color

Kidget......10 solids

Linda M....138 solids

Shelly.......93 solids

Donna......61 solids/18 bi-colors

I finished the last block of the AGC and am sewing them together. Then I'll probably work on my H bag some more today.

While Mary was gone I made 61 solids and 18 bi-colors.

You've got a lot done :clap

I had to get a new microwave recently too. My old one still works, but got extremely hot on the sides when using it only a couple of minutes. And it occurred to me, this is the first brand new microwave I've ever had (I'm not counting the one at the new dorms or my parents). I had checked out Walmart and decided to check Sam's before buying. We went to Sam's and one that I was looking at at Walmart, was more expensive at Sam's :think. I told the employee about that, 'cause Sam's is usually a little bit cheaper.

Yeah I've noticed that about Sam's. I hate to say anything too disparaging about them cuz my nephew works there, but c'mon. It's supposed to be saving money not costing extra :P We'll probably just pick up one of those $40 models we saw a few weeks ago for now. Don't wanna buy anything too expensive right now til we get the home improvement stuff out of the way :yes

Hey wonderfully fabulous creative people's! I need an opinion. Here's my Pink Ribbon Ghan: (clickable)

th_PinkRibbonupdate.jpg

It's currently just shy of 57" long and is 50ish inches wide (I measured, and my dang short term memory I forgot what it was!). The opinion I need, I plan on adding white squares at the top and bottom. Originally I was thinking 3 rows on each end. Now I'm thinking 1-2. Maybe just 1 :lol. I'm going to do an edging in pink. So thoughts? 1 row of white at each end or 2? Thanks guys!

Well, I have to go against the grain here :blush But, if it were me, I'd do 3 rows top and bottom to balance it out. You have 3 rows of saltines along the sides so 3 top and bottom would give it nice balance, imo. But I'm obsessed with geometrics and symmetry...this is why I like quilts :lol

Woke up to the phone ringing. Was my sister. Talked to her for about 45 minutes and when I came out into the living room I noticed that her son (the nephew) had gone home already :( I think we sleep too late for him these days :lol

So now gotta think about waking BD and seeing if we're gonna go replace the microwave. He really, really needs to mow the lawn. Why do I have to go through this battle all the time? :sigh He already got warned last year about the grass. If the city comes to mow it they'll charge us $300. Maybe that's what needs to happen to teach him a lesson. But I sure can think of better ways to spend 300 bucks :irk

Oh well, not gonna let that bother me. Life's too short :D Just gonna see if Misa will let me have the IC back so I can work on it. She's made herself quite comfy on top of it :lol

I think 3 rows on the top and 3 on the bottom will center the ribbons nicely. :yes

Mary, 75 solids for me, please. :hook

Mary -- 65 solids, please.

Just added these. :hook Everyone has been making super progress!

th_PinkRibbonupdate.jpg

I agree about the 3 rows to even it out, but if you don't want to do that many, then definitely do 2 for a nice transition before you add the pink border. It looks great by the way!

Everyone is welcome to join! A link to the info is below my signature line. :) (Updated Sunday, 9/14/08)

Mary (Skysmom) 1618

Tracy (tracystroebel) 1593

Sunny (sunnyvale) 1417

Linda M. (mizmo) 1404

Shelly (Super Granny) *** 1223

Karen (econ-nerd) 1105

Dusti (rii698) 1051

Cathy (crashcat07) 854

Shay (Shaylen) 682

Valerie (luvtocrochet757) 630

Wendy (Aussie) *** 624

Laura Lee (Klutzandme) 486

Carla (Carla’s Crochet) 481

Donna (sewnsew) 473

Linda (busy-bee-lmt) *** 435

Heather (hseger) 359

Denise (denisethorpe) 243

Tammy (TammyG) 212

Brenda (BrendaR) 168

Carla (canostreasures) 166

Sharon (CandEsMom) 153

Mel (DreamsOfYarn) 133

Suzanne (LavenderBear) 106

mommy neel (mommy neel) 100

Kidget29 (Kidget29) 79

Tam (teakaycee) 72

Judy (judianne) 71

Pickles (ThoseDarnPickles) 48

Krystal (Krystal 16) 40

Shelby (alwayscrafting) 12

Laurie (LaurieE) 3

Cara (Misa)

*** 2000 Squares Winner and Starting Again!

th_PinkRibbonupdate.jpg

It looks fantastic! Me personally I would add however many you have on the sides to make it even. But I'm also very ocd about a lot of things being symetrical so it could just be me! :lol Whatever you decide, it came out great so far!

It looks fantastic! Me personally I would add however many you have on the sides to make it even. But I'm also very ocd about a lot of things being symetrical so it could just be me! :lol Whatever you decide, it came out great so far!

Thanks! I sometimes can be ocd about crochet too. But I'm kinda at the point where I'm ready to be done and over with this! That's why I was thinking just 1 or 2 rows at the ends :lol

Archived