Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Ladies....

First day of work went well.. made 78.00 in tips and I was off by 2:00p.m. so that make it about a 14.00 dollar an hour job....... :cheer:cheer:cheer

LOL I learned a valuable lesson yesterday tho..... get better shoes!!!!!

Cathy

OK Ladies. My preemie saltine ghan is almost done. I just need to put a border on. I have a few ideas of the border, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Here is the Preemie Saltine

It is wonky cause I just tossed it down and snapped pictures before I lost the light. Been a gloomy day.

th_PreemieSaltine1b.jpg

th_PreemieSaltine1c.jpg

clickable

That looks great. I love how it turned out.

Im doing good on mine...just need to get them sewn together then i can get some more made...I have found my next project though...i know i know...but it looks just like a quilt my Granny had and i have to make it.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/80248AD.html

That pattern looks neat. I agree it would make a good saltine project.

Good Morning Ladies....

First day of work went well.. made 78.00 in tips and I was off by 2:00p.m. so that make it about a 14.00 dollar an hour job....... :cheer:cheer:cheer

LOL I learned a valuable lesson yesterday tho..... get better shoes!!!!!

Cathy

Sounds like a good first day. :clap:clap

I got 20 more solids done on my BIC.

OMG..... I got a question.... on the start of second round, where I turn? does that become the front?

cathy

It does for me :D I turn at the end of round one and then do round two. It consider the side facing me at round two as my front :yes

OK Ladies. My preemie saltine ghan is almost done. I just need to put a border on. I have a few ideas of the border, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Here is the Preemie Saltine

It is wonky cause I just tossed it down and snapped pictures before I lost the light. Been a gloomy day.

th_PreemieSaltine1b.jpg

th_PreemieSaltine1c.jpg

clickable

I have an easy time making the rev hdc for a border...it would look great on such a gorgeous ghan!

well, got to finish 24 solids last night waiting out Hanna. Thankfully we just received some really heavy rain. I've got all the blue solids for the penguin background finished now! next on to the blue bi-colors!:hook The weather is absolutely gorgeous today, so I'll be outside with my munchkins, maybe some hooktime at naptime!

well, got to finish 24 solids last night waiting out Hanna. Thankfully we just received some really heavy rain. I've got all the blue solids for the penguin background finished now! next on to the blue bi-colors!:hook The weather is absolutely gorgeous today, so I'll be outside with my munchkins, maybe some hooktime at naptime!

I'm glad you guys only got a bunch of rain. It looks like we're next in line for one :(

Hello everyone!!! I'm back! We finally got into the house we will be staying in until around November 1st and then we get to move again! :( Anyways the move went as smooth as can be expected. We will be living out of boxes until we move again so I don't have to pack much up again! But I did leave out some WIPs to work on until we really get settled! Told myself I won't start a new project until these are finished (we'll see how that goes! :blush) I need to start bringing a project with me again to work because I have a longer lunch and a long drive so I would have time to work on it as DH drives home! Right now I'm finishing up some last minute projects for my swap partner over in the favorite color swap, then its on to finish a few purses I started and work on my quilt ghan. Oh, and BTW I'm an AUNT again! My sister delivered a healthy baby boy yesterday! So for those of you that were following the games, that means I can finish the ghan since I finally know the baby's name! And if I would have guessed at the initials I would have been right! :angry Oh well! Just glad he is healthy!

Glad to see so many new people joining us in the HYH!!! Everyone's projects looks great! Can't wait to work on my saltines again!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :hug I'll stop in from time to time this weekend in between unpacking!

Mary, please put 14 solids for my total so far! Thanks! :hug

I got 20 more solids done on my BIC.

Mary,

please add 6 solids for me please.

Squares are added, Ladies. :crocheting

Yeaaaaaaaaah, another person making the Penguin Cuddle Quilt! :yay

Mary, I made another 28 solid saltines between last night and this morning! I'm piecing and hiding the ends as I go, so all I have to do is put on the border when all 266 squares are done! So far, so good . . . and now it's time to get in the shower and head to the library to do about 3 hours of studying! I will have to leave yarn, scissors, needle, and hook here or else NO studying will get done! ;)

Hi everyone. :) Just taking a little break from cleaning and laundry...I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Mel, your preemie ghan is adorable! Thanks for the pictures. :manyheart

Cara, so sorry about the a.c. Do you have central heat already? Our last house was built in the 20's and a previous owner had put in central heat, but not a.c., so it wasn't too hard to add it.

Hi Pickles ~ glad you made it safely. :hug How is the little one? :c9

Suzanne, Yay for another 28 squares. :cheer

Hi to those I've missed - will check in later...the vacuum cleaner is calling again. :lol

Yeaaaaaaaaah, another person making the Penguin Cuddle Quilt! :yay

Mary, I made another 28 solid saltines between last night and this morning! I'm piecing and hiding the ends as I go, so all I have to do is put on the border when all 266 squares are done! So far, so good . . . and now it's time to get in the shower and head to the library to do about 3 hours of studying! I will have to leave yarn, scissors, needle, and hook here or else NO studying will get done! ;)

Has anyone mentioned Aussie's way of joining the squares? She - and many of us - leave a long tail for joining. It eliminates having more tails to hide.

It sounds like you have a great start!

mommy neel, glad you only got rain.

Cathy, it doesn't matter which side really, I don't think. :no Denise doesn't turn around for the second round at all, she says that way she won't get confused when she stitches the squares together. :hook

that is the way that i started doing them... not turning, then I realized they had to turn.. but I can see now that would probably be the way to do it for me too.... evidentally I am real confused :D

Cathy

Archived