Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have only 23 saltines left to make for the cat quiltghan :cheer not bad after 1001 saltines done, then for the border :clap I hope to have it finnished next week as I am working all weekend :( It will have taken me a year to make. I have made a few other things in between.

Will get Tracy to post a photo when finnish :yes

In my opinion, just having complete one, no. And, you can always use a smaller hook and just chain one at the corners.

Joyce

I have a quick question for all you saltine makers :D

Would a saltine ghan have too many holes for a preemie ghan?

Inquiring minds want to know :lol

Judy's our resident preemie ghan expert :D The holes are pretty small but I think I'd follow Judy's advice :yes

ILTY does have a nice light gray...I have some of it. I think the website only shows what they have in stock and there are a LOT more colors than shown on the website.

Silly question, can you take a picture of it for me? So I have a rough idea of what it looks like? :D

Caron Simply soft? I know lots of folks don't like it for the quilts, but I can just picture their gray and it sounds like what you're looking for. Or, Bernat SuperValue

My local Meijer carries a great selection of Bernat SuperValue.

Joyce

I actually don't mind CSS. I just know that it tends to be a little thinner than others of the same weight/etc. So I was thinking it'd be a little too thin/light to use w/ Vanna's Choice.

In my opinion, just having complete one, no. And, you can always use a smaller hook and just chain one at the corners.

Joyce

Thank You. I have been making them with chain one at the corners :D

What size hook did you use on yours?

Judy's our resident preemie ghan expert :D The holes are pretty small but I think I'd follow Judy's advice :yes

Thank You.

The saltines are calling my name :eek

Ditto, what Joyce said.....

I have only 23 saltines left to make for the cat quiltghan :cheer not bad after 1001 saltines done, then for the border :clap I hope to have it finnished next week as I am working all weekend :( It will have taken me a year to make. I have made a few other things in between.

Go Denise! :cheer Go Denise!! :cheer

:blush

I answered her first question....

Hook size depends on the yarn: if it's thinner than RHSS or Vanna, you may be able to go down to a G hook without crippling your hands. Otherwise an H. The object is to make the holes nearly indiscernable. You should just (mostly) see the detail around the ch1 spaces.

I have a Baby gingham I started a long time ago (and made a mistake in my choice of joining method) so I learned the hard way.

Well, I got 6 more done last night... so :P Miss Mary!!!

:lolOh good...6 more! Only about 1500 to go. :devil

Wow, Denise! Congratulations on being so close to the finish line. :cheer

:lolOh good...6 more! Only about 1500 to go. :devil

:lol :lol

I'm used to getting the blame for everything. :devil Well, I think I might be in more trouble, mom bought yarn today, the reason "it looked good and I will find something to do with it". :lol

:lol :lol

Another question.....sorry to be such a pest.

Does anyone have a picture of a saltine they can post so I can see the size of the holes? Not sure if mine are too big or not.

You're not being a pest :hug I have a kinda vague photo of one that used to be part of my ad. It's at an angle but it might serve :D

saltine.jpg

Will this help?

th_DSCF0780.jpg

Joyce

Another question.....sorry to be such a pest.

Does anyone have a picture of a saltine they can post so I can see the size of the holes? Not sure if mine are too big or not.

Thank you Cara and Joyce.

Joyce, that is beautiful in those colors.

Looks like mine are ok :whew

I got bored today and I played around with graph paper and came up with a pattern for a baby (preemie) ghan. I'm starting small.

Looks like I am going to try my hand at a saltine ghan :eek

this could get interesting :lol

I'm used to getting the blame for everything. :devil Well, I think I might be in more trouble, mom bought yarn today, the reason "it looked good and I will find something to do with it". :lol

uh-oh!:lol

That sounds like my answer when I come home with yarn and no project in mind for it :lol

Thank you Cara and Joyce.

Joyce, that is beautiful in those colors.

Looks like mine are ok :whew

I got bored today and I played around with graph paper and came up with a pattern for a baby (preemie) ghan. I'm starting small.

Looks like I am going to try my hand at a saltine ghan :eek

this could get interesting :lol

Woo! I love when folks come up with their own designs! Does my little heart good :manyheart

Mel, small is definitely better to start with!

Off to have a cuppa with SDR....

Later....

Later Judy :hug

Morning everyone

Your all making great progress on your projects, its fantastic. :yay

I have nearly finished one block for the DIC, Im using lime green, lemon and white and because the yarn is quite thin Im using a G Hook. I have forgotten how small these saltines are when you use this size hook. I think I used this hook with the Casa.

Annie welcome to this cal, you will fall in love with making saltines, its so easy. Cant wait to see your progress and if you need any help we are all here for you.

Krystal I put the squares right sides together and sew through the top loops twice.

Tracy ooh you went yarn shopping, Im glad you got your yarn and you had lots of fun. Your Mum is going to have to start hiding the yarn like I do. :lol

Denise great progress on your cat ghan, cant wait to see it. :yay

Mel a saltine ghan would be fine and as Joyce says just use a smaller hook and do one chain in the corner. Hmm I do one chain anyway. Your going to join us, thats fantastic :woo

Archived