Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everyone. I got some work done on the cabin ghan last night. I plan on picking up the other colors tomorrow so I can actually have some finished blocks.

I am going to pick out my IC colors today. I have no idea what colors I'll use. I think I'll just see what I have and go from there.

I got 18 solids done last night.

:eek Did ya'll hear that??? :devil:woo Krystal has finally given in. :lol

I know I just about fell out of my chair when I read her post. Its fantastic isnt it. :yay

K's gonna do a saltine project?! :eek I think that's fantastic :clap

What colors are you doing your IC in.

:sigh Well, you've all done it... you've dragged me down into the murky depths of saltine-making. I have started my IC.... it's a scrappy TIC (Triple Irish Chain) - or shall I call it STIC???? :lol I posted the link a while ago: http://www.geocities.com/arliss109/garyquilt.html

Mary - 7 solids

Yep, here I am.

Did I mention my afghan could take as much as 1,500 squares if I make it big enough? :faint

I'll be here a while.

Krystal :cheer:clap:cheer Great news that you have joined the ranks with saltine making. Cara is slowly but surely taking over the world with little bitty squares :yes:lol

I'm trying to decide if I want a nap or to go dig through my stash.

Krystal thats fantastic and its gonna be huge.:yay I like the idea of a scrappy TIC. What color are you doing in the middle.

Ok I have done 4 GT squares now and could probably still get another square out of the skein so thats 5 squares to a 100gram skein. I have 20 skeins so wow I have plenty of yarn.

Good morning, My Chatty Friends :waving

I get to bring my girls home, today. :yay:yay I can hardly wait! I have been awake for 4 hours, already, and I do not even need to leave to meet them for another three hours. Can you tell I am anxious to see the little monkeys, again?!? Time is passing sooooo slowly while I wait.

Guess that means I will just have to find my :yarn and crochet for awhile. Too bad :devil

Yaay, we have a new convert! I haven't been here long enough, Krystal, to tease you, but it's nice to hear you are joining the IC Gang. :rofl at your STIC. I'll be anxious to see your progress.

Priszm, I have been wanting to use a variegated yarn in saltines, but I just have not figured out the best way to do it, yet. I think it will be lovely in the IC. How'd the reverse bookcase idea sound in the light of morning? Like you, I was :think, too, but your guy must have something in-particular in mind. And, a bonus that he offered to build something custom -- it will be nice to use in the future, too :yes

Mary -- 44 solids, please.

Wendy -- Definitely a fun way to wake up. Packages are always great:)

Have a good day!

I like the pink and lavender option... I never thought of using complimentary, light colors, but I think it would be very pretty.

hi, another 32 solids and 4 bi colors :D

Hi Sunny. Are you almost finished with the Casa? Picture time! :hook

I got 18 solids done last night.

Mary - 7 solids

Yep, here I am.

I'll be here a while.

:cheerIt's about time! :lol

Mary -- 44 solids, please.

I'll bet it seems like forever since the kiddos were home. :manyheart Have a safe trip. :)

Squares are added, ladies. :hook

Oh Donna~Everyone knows I can never make a decision. ;) I can see all the color combinations working beautifully, but really like the blue, brown and white together. You may have to draw straws. :D

Priszm, I have been wanting to use a variegated yarn in saltines, but I just have not figured out the best way to do it, yet. I think it will be lovely in the IC. How'd the reverse bookcase idea sound in the light of morning? Like you, I was :think, too, but your guy must have something in-particular in mind. And, a bonus that he offered to build something custom -- it will be nice to use in the future, too :yes

His thought is if he reverses the bookcase and puts the open part against the wall, then my pillows and anything else won't fall down between the bed and the bookcase. But if I store items there (for example, my Princess House Goblets and my special wine glasses) that I use very rarely right now, when I do want to use them, then I have to move the bed back enough to move the bookcase out to get at the item. I'm thinking now that a thicker shelf at mattress level would work. Then I can put the box items down below and only need to move my bed when I need at them.

Ok, I'm gonna go work on the pink ribbon while laying on a heating pad. I think I slept funny last night and I have a sore shoulder/neck today. Hopefully it'll let me crochet since I did none yesterday.

Donna, I love the pink and lavender..the others are pretty, too...I also have trouble shopping for clothes when faced with too many choices:P

If I liked all of them equally, I would draw straws as Mary suggested!:lol

K - are you going to just reach in a bag and randomly place the squares as you attach them? If so, that really would be a great stash buster...

Archived