Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Shay howdy did you ever finish that saltine quilt that looked like the sun. It was gorgeous.

Wendy

I haven't finished it yet...I still have about 7 rows left to go on it...im going to dig it out and finish it off for my DD for Christmas.I hope i have time to do everything i need to do :P

Did you get a bright green or a pale green for your Grecian Tiles??I think that will be very pretty.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't answer if that'll be enough. I'm terrible at judging the correct amount! I either end up with wayyyy too much, or too little :lol

I'm gonna go pour myself into bed now. It's only 12:40am here, and I had a rough day at the amusement park :devil Actually it was majorly hot out, and I had sweat pouring off of me within an hour. My friend and I picked our lunch location based on who had AC and was close :lol. So while the walking and heat wiped me out, I've been lazy about going to bed. And I need to now before I fall asleep at my computer and you see funny letters.

I do that to and then have the problem of finding matching yarn....

Goodnight!!!

Cara

Didn't you do a truck cuddle gran???I could have sworn i saw one :think

Nope just a bus :yes

Yes 8 ply yarn. Im going to make a Green Grecian Ghan:lol

That's a mouthful :lol :lol

I bought a nice green yarn to make the Grecian Tiles. Its going to be for my Mum for xmas. I bought 20 skeins of 100grms each, do you think that will be enough.

I'd think so. Converted to grams I used about 1360 grams. So you should plenty even in 8 ply vs the 12 ply I used :yes

:hi everyone.

Wendy, IC is Irish Chain. :devil

I think once I have decided to start the Grecian tiles, I will buy 20 skeins too (just because you did :devil). Any leftovers will be used anyway. :yes oh, ok, just calculated the meters, if I get 20 skeins of DK yarn in the brand I usually use, it will be 5700 meters! :eek Ok, maybe I don't need quite that much. :lol

Oh dear, Shay. That sounds like something I would do, though. :lol

:hi everyone.

Wendy, IC is Irish Chain. :devil

I think once I have decided to start the Grecian tiles, I will buy 20 skeins too (just because you did :devil). Any leftovers will be used anyway. :yes oh, ok, just calculated the meters, if I get 20 skeins of DK yarn in the brand I usually use, it will be 5700 meters! :eek Ok, maybe I don't need quite that much. :lol

OH IC... :lol Are you doing both because if you are then I will. Im starting some GT squares tonight, I wanna see how many I can get out of one skein. I guess I will do the same as the saltines and leave a tail for sewing. Yeah 20 skeins sounds like a lot but I want to make a big GT for Mum.

Hi, Wendy!

Gotta dash for now...it'll be fun when you're between jobs (for us, anyway)...we'll have more time to visit!:hug:manyheart

If its alright with you ladies (and any gentlemen) I would like to join in. I actually remember when Julie first posted this thread and it seems to have taken on a life of its own. I've tried to go back and read through some of the postings but over a thousand pages in alot to read!

I've picked out "We're all God's children." I'm going to try and get started today never minding that I have a myriad of crochet and sewing projects already started.

I don't have a way to post pictures but I'll keep you all posted on my progress and, of course, I would love to see what you are all working on.

Hello everyone!

I am back from Vegas. Had a great time; seminars were good; won at the slots; did some crocheting; lots of site-seeing; went to some shows; I'm still bushed!

Didn't make any saltines while gone :( but did do another shawl and started another. I even crocheted during some of the classes! Boss didn't mind....she was crocheting, too!

Looks like everyone was very busy and chatty while I was gone. I missed all the chatter on here!

A suggestion on how much yarn you'll need. What I do when I'm making squares is this------I make one at the size I need then I frog it and measure how much yarn it took for one. Then I can easily figure how many squares I can get from one skein (as long as the label says how many yards in the skein) and thus how many I'll need in all. Plus allow a little bit extra for joining or mistakes in making squares. As long as the squares aren't too big, it doesn't take up too much time in making and frogging one. Better than running out of yarn at the end! For instance, I know I can usually get about 60 saltines from a solid skein of ILTY so I figure amounts needed from there.

Karin welcome to the group, you will love making these ghans and wont want to leave.

Tracy Im testing for you. :lol Havent you gone to the shop yet, come on chop chop.:rofl

Linda M its great to see ya. Im glad you had a great time in Vegas. Wow 60 saltines from one skein is great. Can you tell me what colors are in the ILTY range. Im getting Heather to get me some and I cant find the website showing the colors.

I have redone the GT square using a 5.5mm hook and its come out at 6inches so Im happy with that. My yarn here is a lot thinner than red heart. So now to see how many squares I can get out of my 100grm skein and thats allowing a long tail for sewing. Im going to do the same as I do with my saltines. Ok gonna rethink that as you finish in the middle of the row.

Cara congratulations I really like the GT square so nice and easy to do. :yay:clap

I do find it hard to do a stitch on top of a HDC does anyone else have this problem.

Tracy you might need a few tote bags to bring all your yarn home that you will need. :rofl

How much do we need for the IC and where is the pattern situated, does anyone know.

I have one green grecian ghan square done, Im nearly there, isnt that amazing.:yay

Wendy, in addition to the colors in the link (I think they only show what they have in stock) I also have aubergine, forest, light gray, royal, medium blue, and dark country blue. I also remember seeing a medium gray, a dark maroon, orange, I think another green. These are just off the top of my head; I see more new colors every time I go to HL. HTH.

Archived