Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary, I'm making a child's RR in primary colors (2 str, P hook) and definitely want to make Grecian Tiles. I love the look of it....and squares that size are good to work with (6 1/2 inches). I'll make it and put it aside in case I ever become a MIL:lol:lol

Mary, I'm making a child's RR in primary colors (2 str, P hook) and definitely want to make Grecian Tiles. I love the look of it....and squares that size are good to work with (6 1/2 inches). I'll make it and put it aside in case I ever become a MIL:lol:lol

Sort of like my drawer with baby ghans in case I ever become a grandma. :D

Sort of like my drawer with baby ghans in case I ever become a grandma. :D

you got it:lol:lol:lol

I have patterns for lots of those, too:hook

Okay, my DSL is back and much faster than before! Cara, I hope you're feeling okay. :manyheart

Hooray for repaired DSL ! :yay And yes, thank you for asking, I feel great :manyheart How are your parents?

Good afternoon ~

What a fabulous job all of you did on your Games projects! Wow, beautiful work!!

We were scrambling to finish as much of the remodeling project as we could over the course of three days. The new floor is in, the trim is stained, and the new cabinets have one coat of stain on them (will probably only need a single coat more). We had guests for dinner on Saturday, and the gal had picked up a crochet hook for the first time on Thursday. She is going to be an Auntie in a few months, and got a bee in her bonnet that she needed to make the wee one a collection of bitty hats. Okay. I think a Gingham quilt-ghan would be more fun... ;), but I will work on swinging her eye that way in a couple of weeks. She had brought her pattern and yarn with her, because she did not know how to slip-stitch or mark her rounds. We gabbed while she was working, and she finished a cap before they left for home. I told her to bring a new pattern and new yarn next week, and we would have another lesson. I will have her hooked in no time :D I had my yarn out at the same time, and I accomplished another block of the Double Irish Chain. Here's a progress picture

[/url]th_08-25IrishDoubleChain.jpg

I can almost see the pattern emerging :clap How is yours coming, Mary? Thank you so much for your interest and encouragement on this project!! :hug

Oh, I finally uploaded a photo of my finished Just Ducky

th_08-15JustDuckyQuilt-ghan.jpg

Like I said, earlier, I did not do anything wild 'n' crazy with colors or altering the pattern, but I love it "as is." The friends we had visit could not believe I had made this quilt, and they could not stop commenting all evening :2blush I just love these patterns, and I am already planning my next project.

Here is info about my parents in a nutshell...The a.m. after dad got home from the hospital (4 1/2 days on a morphine pump), he was driving and mowing the yard. The doctor specifically told him not to drive nor do any outdoor activities for a while. Oh and they cancelled the appt. with the Custom Caregivers that I drove down for Sat. Guess that sums it up. :thair Aren't you glad you asked? ;):lol

The At&T guy was here for 3 hours, UPS is supposed to deliver DH's new computer - so I haven't left the house today and haven't accomplished much at all. I guess I'll just crochet away the evening. :hook

Ohhh, Hon. It's frustrating when our folks do what they want, rather than what we want them to do. I am afraid I cannot help you, but I do empathize with your situation. Hang in there.

Yaaay, crocheting is great for calming nerves :yes

Please add 65 solids to my total.

:manyheart

Thank you. I am working the Irish Chain in blocks of 25 squares. They are attached, but the bigger blocks are still loose. This way, I can still work it on my lap in the car or elsewhere. Once it gets to be Queen sized, I am not sure where I am going to store it day-to-day :lol I may not put it all together until I am ready to do the border. Then again, I like to see the pattern emerging...we'll see.

WooHoo! I've been working during my lunch breaks on my daughter's ghan, and I've just counted my work. 42! Boy, it sure goes quickly!:woo

Great progress! Isn't it fun to see the pattern emerging? Keep :crocheting

Morning everyone

Im still pondering on what color to make the Grecian Tiles with. The yarn I was going to use doesnt say how many metres are in there, just that its 100 grams.

Judy the Grecian Tiles would look great in Black or soft white.

Mary :yay for your dsl. Its great when you have fast internet isnt it. Its frustrating when your parents get to that age isnt it and to be told they cant do this and cant do that. It must be hard for them and hard on you. :hug

Dusti wow I love your irish chain, its gorgeous and so is your Just Ducky. Well done. :clap Thats nice that your teaching your friend to crochet, you will have something in common that you can both share.

And Dusti~I definitely like your Double IC better than my Single. Yours has more depth if that makes sense. Mine is starting to grow on me, though. :) 65 squares added.

Hi Wendy! Maybe you could look through similar weight yarns and get the yardage/grams that way...it would probably be pretty close.:think

WooHoo! I've been working during my lunch breaks on my daughter's ghan, and I've just counted my work. 42! Boy, it sure goes quickly!:woo

Super progress on the Penguin Cuddle. :hook

Morning, Wendy :waving

I DO like Cuddles. Great choice for your current Avatar ;) I looked at the 1-pound skein I have here, and it does not tell me how many meters are in it, either, just the grams, and I know we could figure that out. Sorry I cannot help you :( Would the Grecian be for yourself?

th_08-25IrishDoubleChain.jpg

I can almost see the pattern emerging :clap How is yours coming, Mary? Thank you so much for your interest and encouragement on this project!! :hug

Oh, I finally uploaded a photo of my finished Just Ducky

th_08-15JustDuckyQuilt-ghan.jpg

Like I said, earlier, I did not do anything wild 'n' crazy with colors or altering the pattern, but I love it "as is." The friends we had visit could not believe I had made this quilt, and they could not stop commenting all evening :2blush I just love these patterns, and I am already planning my next project.

Dusti your ghans are fabulous!! Isn't is great when folks gush :manyheart

Here is info about my parents in a nutshell...The a.m. after dad got home from the hospital (4 1/2 days on a morphine pump), he was driving and mowing the yard. The doctor specifically told him not to drive nor do any outdoor activities for a while. Oh and they cancelled the appt. with the Custom Caregivers that I drove down for Sat. Guess that sums it up. :thair Aren't you glad you asked? ;):lol

I'd be tearing my hair out too :hug

You're making great progress!! :cheer:clap

:hug Mary. I understand, my grandfather did that until the dr had his driver's license cancelled 4 years ago (well, he kept thinking red meant go and green meant stop at the traffic lights and he was shaking a lot with his Parkinsons so his foot kept slipping).

Dusti, great work. :hook

Wendy, will you be using 8-ply for your grecian tiles? And what yarn are you using for the IC? :devil

Ohh Dusti, that's not fair! I really want to make one of those and I can't for awhile :( But it's just beautiful! I love the blues! In fact, that lighter blue strikes me as a good possibility for Mom and Dad.

You Ladies will not believe what i did :blush I made cinnamon rolls last night and when i got done i tried a little piece and thought thats weird it doesn't taste like normal....I thought it was becouse i had just ate a popcycle....when DH got done with dinner tonight he asked me to get him one so i hand him a nice big one and sit down to get back to my crocheting and he says wheres the cinnamon :oopsI cant believe i did that :no how can you forget the cinnamon in the cinnamon rolls.I felt so stupid.

Mary

Im sorry you are having a hard time of it.

Dusti

That is very pretty...i love your color choice.

Morning Wendy!!

Cara

Didn't you do a truck cuddle gran???I could have sworn i saw one :think

Mary-26 solids

You Ladies will not believe what i did :blush I made cinnamon rolls last night and when i got done i tried a little piece and thought thats weird it doesn't taste like normal....I thought it was becouse i had just ate a popcycle....when DH got done with dinner tonight he asked me to get him one so i hand him a nice big one and sit down to get back to my crocheting and he says wheres the cinnamon :oopsI cant believe i did that :no how can you forget the cinnamon in the cinnamon rolls.I felt so stupid.

Mary

Im sorry you are having a hard time of it.

Dusti

That is very pretty...i love your color choice.

Morning Wendy!!

Cara

Mary-26 solids

Sounds like something I'd do! :lol I have a recipe for sloppy joes (oh shoot! Did I remember to add that to the gift?!) that uses brown sugar in the sauce. It tastes good that way, so I thought I'd try a little brown sugar in meatloaf. :thumbdown Never again!

Cara

Mary-26 solids

Shay, Linda (busy-bee-lmt) designed a "Mr. Train" Cuddle ghan, but I don't remember a truck. :think I made Mr. Train and it's an adorable pattern. 26 squares added. :yes

Sounds like something I'd do! :lol I have a recipe for sloppy joes (oh shoot! Did I remember to add that to the gift?!) that uses brown sugar in the sauce. It tastes good that way, so I thought I'd try a little brown sugar in meatloaf. :thumbdown Never again!

Yum - Love Sloppy Joes! My favorite recipe has a little brown sugar, too.

I'm reporting 35 solid squares. :hook

'Nite all. I need to get up early and mow...oh boy, can't wait. :lol

:hug Mary. I understand, my grandfather did that until the dr had his driver's license cancelled 4 years ago (well, he kept thinking red meant go and green meant stop at the traffic lights and he was shaking a lot with his Parkinsons so his foot kept slipping).

Dusti, great work. :hook

Wendy, will you be using 8-ply for your grecian tiles? And what yarn are you using for the IC? :devil

Yes 8 ply yarn. Im going to make a Green Grecian Ghan:lol

OI what is the IC. :lol Am I missing something here. :think

Shay howdy did you ever finish that saltine quilt that looked like the sun. It was gorgeous.

Mary have fun mowing.

I bought a nice green yarn to make the Grecian Tiles. Its going to be for my Mum for xmas. I bought 20 skeins of 100grms each, do you think that will be enough.

Well better go and pretend to work. 3hrs till home time.:yay

Shay howdy did you ever finish that saltine quilt that looked like the sun. It was gorgeous.

Mary have fun mowing.

I bought a nice green yarn to make the Grecian Tiles. Its going to be for my Mum for xmas. I bought 20 skeins of 100grms each, do you think that will be enough.

Well better go and pretend to work. 3hrs till home time.:yay

I can't answer if that'll be enough. I'm terrible at judging the correct amount! I either end up with wayyyy too much, or too little :lol

I'm gonna go pour myself into bed now. It's only 12:40am here, and I had a rough day at the amusement park :devil Actually it was majorly hot out, and I had sweat pouring off of me within an hour. My friend and I picked our lunch location based on who had AC and was close :lol. So while the walking and heat wiped me out, I've been lazy about going to bed. And I need to now before I fall asleep at my computer and you see funny letters.

Archived