Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

:cheer:clapyou're really moving along!!

Thanks. I can take my time on this because it is a Chrismas present so that makes it all the more fun to work on.....no pressure. I am doing a few small projects like dish cloths etc to keep the boredom factor down. I'm usually pretty good about finishing a project before starting a new one but I do like sneaking in a few small items....lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 more solids :D

todays total 17 solid and 50 bi-colored

Added!

Hello Everyone!

I'm starting on the "Penguin Cuddle Quilt" for my daughter to take with her to 5K! She is using an old baby blanket right now, but wanted me to make this one for her. I'm actually going to finish this one! (I think!) :D

Welcome! We're glad you're here...the Penguin is adorable. :hook

Good Morning, all. Thank you so much for the well wishes for my dad. :manyheart He's doing okay and may go home today. That's the good news...the bad news is that they are still insisting they can handle everything and can still drive. :( I've set up appointments with custom caregivers, their minister, the advocate from the hospital...they cancel the appointments. They have a wonderful doctor and even he is frustrated with both of them. Oh well, all we can do is the best we can do. That is my new motto and I'm going to have it printed on t shirts and business cards. :lol Thanks for letting me vent. :hug My brother offered to be with them today and I was sooo glad.

Okay, I'm going to do some catching up and will be back later.

Good Morning, all. Thank you so much for the well wishes for my dad. :manyheart He's doing okay and may go home today. That's the good news...the bad news is that they are still insisting they can handle everything and can still drive. :( I've set up appointments with custom caregivers, their minister, the advocate from the hospital...they cancel the appointments. They have a wonderful doctor and even he is frustrated with both of them. Oh well, all we can do is the best we can do. That is my new motto and I'm going to have it printed on t shirts and business cards. :lol Thanks for letting me vent. :hug My brother offered to be with them today and I was sooo glad.

Mary, if your parent's doctor agrees they shouldn't be driving, see if he can contact your DOT. I'm pretty sure here if a doc notifies the DOT someone shouldn't be driving, they can take away the license. Good luck!

Thanks. I can take my time on this because it is a Chrismas present so that makes it all the more fun to work on.....no pressure. I am doing a few small projects like dish cloths etc to keep the boredom factor down. I'm usually pretty good about finishing a project before starting a new one but I do like sneaking in a few small items....lol

Preemie blankets are also quick to make (18 inches...and bigger)

,,,in case you're interested, see #6 on my wish list (in my siggy)

I'm not ashamed to beg:devil

Mary, that's so hard! I know:hug

We finally convinced my FIL to donate his car....it's one thing to take away their license (we never did that) but without wheels....

A pregnant traffic enforecement agent in NYC was killed by a 70 something YO driver with multiple license suspensions...somehow he still had wheels:(

My FIL was concerned about something happening...so it wasn't too hard a sell....

Good luck, hon:hug:hug

Mary,

I would think that the first question is, who is going to do for them? get the things that they need? They seem (the way you explain it) very independent.

Then you have to figure in there safety, and the safety of others with him/her behind the wheel.

DH is in the same situation with his mother, she is 80 and has symtoms of alzheimers. she doesnt drive very well, but if we were to take the DL from her what is going to happen to her, shes going to sit in a chair and depend on everyone else to do for her, and die... I know neither one of you want that to happen.

You have quite a decision on your hands, and I dont envy you at all....

Take Care,

Cathy

Hi Val! Their doctor told me yesterday about that and is willing...but would like to use that as a last resort. I think the time has come!

Enough about me...how are your projects coming? I love how your "hearts" ghan turned out. :hook

Thank you Judy and Cathy. :) Yes, it is all difficult. Unfortunately, we've already been through all of this with DH's parents. :( We learned then that we (children) have no real control and can just do the best we can.

I'm going to take a long shower and crochet this afternoon. At least I was able to make squares at the hospital yesterday and last night. :hook

Hi Val! Their doctor told me yesterday about that and is willing...but would like to use that as a last resort. I think the time has come!

Enough about me...how are your projects coming? I love how your "hearts" ghan turned out. :hook

My grandpa moved in with my parents years ago, he wasn't bothering w/ the upkeep on his house and Mom and Dad couldn't do 2. Shortly after they moved to FL he (still licensed to drive) got into 2 accidents in a month. 1 he hit a pedestrian on a side walk. Thankfully the person was ok. So Mom and Dad told him he could no longer be insured (not sure how true that is) and he does enough damage w/ the golf cart :rolleye Thankfully they live in a retirement community and he's got some friends that take him places when needed. And Dad doesn't work Monday's or Tuesdays.

Thanks for the compliment on the heart ghan! I definitely recommend the pattern, it's so quick and easy! I'm slowly working on the pink ribbon. I picked it up again last night. I'm trying to focus on getting that done before I start any other projects, not counting the hotpads and squares for Sissie of course. Those items are portable and great to take places.

Thanks for the compliment on the heart ghan! I definitely recommend the pattern, it's so quick and easy! I'm slowly working on the pink ribbon. I picked it up again last night. I'm trying to focus on getting that done before I start any other projects, not counting the hotpads and squares for Sissie of course. Those items are portable and great to take places.

Where did you get the pattern? I know you mentioned it, but....:blush

Where did you get the pattern? I know you mentioned it, but....:blush

I tested it for SmoothFox. She's selling it on her Etsy store and honestly, it's soooo worth it! Each one took me roughly an hour to do (depending on how much I was crocheting vs. reading here or working :lol ) and is sooo easy I have it memorized! There were actually a couple of squares I was working on and I'd have to stop and review what I'd just done because I didn't remember doing it and I wanted to make sure I had it right.

Afternoon ladies :flower

Mary - Glad dad is doing better. Oh I know personally how that "you can't drive anymore" fight goes. Took me hitting a couple of trees for them to get me to stop. :blush Then BD sold my car which really stopped it :lol But now I am allowed to drive as far as the HEB (grocery store for you non-Texans :D) which is 6 blocks from here. JoAnns in between here and there so not bad. It gives me a little independance without much peril. :yes Hope you can convince them :hug

Judy - Not begging. Asking for others to share their skills to help those who cannot help themselves! And you are an angel for doing it :manyheart

Laura Lee - You're doing great on your Casa :clap

Sounds like everyone is chugging right along. My houndstooth is 3 rows from being done. Was gonna make it rectangular but I'm keeping it square. Dunno if I'm thrilled with it because it is like a super enlarged houndstooth but I'm gonna finish it :yes

A friend of mine actually removed parts from her mom's car. They knew they wouldn't be able to convince her to stop driving. So they took out pieces that would make it start and run :lol

A friend of mine actually removed parts from her mom's car. They knew they wouldn't be able to convince her to stop driving. So they took out pieces that would make it start and run :lol

:rofl :rofl

Mary ~ :hug Hard days for you, Hon. We're here, whenever you need us! It sounds as though your brother is on the same page as you are, and, together, you'll do your best to care for your parents. Glad to hear your father will be released, soon. Hope you are able to spend some quality time with your yarn this afternoon, relaxing. :crocheting

I had been wondering about your houndstooth, Cara. Will you show it to us, when you are done?

Laura Lee -- Sounds as though you are going by leaps-and-bounds. Great job.:clap

Mary, 65 solids for me, please. :yarn

Well I have only 3 more row on my Harvest of friends. I hope to post a picture next week. It sure is a big afghan.

Woo hoo!!! :cheer :cheer Can't wait to see it. That's one of my favorites :yes

Hi Ladies. Thank you for all the support...and smiles. :manyheart

sprtsbear ~ WTG on being nearly finished on the fall ghan. :cheer

Dusti ~ 65 squares added. :hook I can't wait to see your Irish Chain! Mine is going slow, but am really liking the simplicity of the 2 colors. The next one will be the Double, though. :yes

I'm reporting 39 solids and now have a ziploc full that need joining. :lol

Howdy everyone

I have 18 saltines left on my Koala cuddle and then its the border. :yay

Mary Im glad your dad is doing well. :hug

Laura Lee great progress on the Casa. :clap

Cara great progress on the houndstooth :cheer

Priszm :lol thats one way to stop them using the car.

Sprtsbear well done on the harvest ghan. :clap cant wait to see it.

Howdy everyone

I have 18 saltines left on my Koala cuddle and then its the border. :yay

Mary Im glad your dad is doing well. :hug

Laura Lee great progress on the Casa. :clap

Cara great progress on the houndstooth :cheer

Priszm :lol thats one way to stop them using the car.

Sprtsbear well done on the harvest ghan. :clap cant wait to see it.

I'm hoping it's easy when it comes time to address this issue w/ my parents.

Shelly thats fantastic. :clap

I am on the border now, should have it finished by tomorrow. I still have to give Koala a mouth, not sure what to do there, will have a look tomorrow.

Everyone is going well, keep up the good work. :cheer

Archived