Our House [Archive 4]

Skysmom

Hi Cathy ~ As far as the contest, a couple of others have joined in after making/starting something. So...anything you've made since mid-January '08 is a go! All I need from you is how many solids, bicolors, etc. since solids are 1 point and bicolors are 2 points. Whenever you report squares, please separate them, too. :hook Whenever you give me the totals so far, I'll start from there. :yes

Okay, I can go back to Jan? I will get them tonight...

Those numbers might be interesting..... YAY!!!

Thanks Mary,

Cathy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cathy - I think the teal, turqua and white would be very nice :yes I'm like Judy. I like bright colors but I tend to tone it down for the patterns. Not everyone likes bright :lol

I made my DGD a blue and black RR with some crazy shapes in it... I am scared to put in the washer for it might come out in pieces.

She likes the gingham..... I have those colors on hand.... so I thought I would give it a try, see whatcha all thought...

Teal, Turqua, White it is....

Thanks all,

Cathy

I like those colors...as far as do they "go"

Personal opinion.

I like bright colors....:devil

I like bright colors too.... some of them are awesome... I just have these on hand, and thought hmmmmmmm....

The gingham is 2 shades of the same color right? :D:scrachin

Cathy

I like bright colors too.... some of them are awesome... I just have these on hand, and thought hmmmmmmm....

The gingham is 2 shades of the same color right? :D:scrachin

Cathy

Yep :yes One dark, one light and then a neutral...usually white.

hello all... I have #4 all joined I'm having a bit of a delema... I'm down to 2 small skeins of red ... I've been making the red solid and the red and white bi-colored at the same time... I'm hoping I have enough to do 2 more blocks ...that will be 48 solid and 48 bi-colored... I think I'm going to do just the red and red/white and see how many I can get... hopefully I can get enough for at least 2 more blocks... I'm going to have to try to match the red to go any farther...

I had to share this ..it made me cry... I just got it in my e-mail

Hi Shelly,

I just got home from a trip with my older daughter and Tovah showed me the

fabulous afghan that you made for her. The colors and patterns are beautiful!

It's not just a blanket, it's a work of art! You are very talented. The afghan

is something Tovah can keep and treasure for years to come. I am really touched

by your wonderful gift. I appreciate all the time and effort you put in on

making it. Shelly, you are a treasure!

Mary

The girl that I gave it to is my "little sister" in an on-line group that I'm in called Our Special Angels... the one I sent was the one I made using 16 saltine blocks... alternating dark blue, medium blue, varigated outlined with white....

I also recieved an e-mail from my little Sis with the help of her Dad last week..

It sure is nice to know that your work is appreciated,

I had to share this ..it made me cry... I just got it in my e-mail

Hi Shelly,

I just got home from a trip with my older daughter and Tovah showed me the

fabulous afghan that you made for her. The colors and patterns are beautiful!

It's not just a blanket, it's a work of art! You are very talented. The afghan

is something Tovah can keep and treasure for years to come. I am really touched

by your wonderful gift. I appreciate all the time and effort you put in on

making it. Shelly, you are a treasure!

Mary

The girl that I gave it to is my "little sister" in an on-line group that I'm in called Our Special Angels... the one I sent was the one I made using 16 saltine blocks... alternating dark blue, medium blue, varigated outlined with white....

I also recieved an e-mail from my little Sis with the help of her Dad last week..

It sure is nice to know that your work is appreciated,

Oh what a wonderful note! You really are a treasure :manyheart

Shelly, that is wonderful! :clap It's so nice when what we do is appreciated like that.

I'm still internetless at home. This is so frustrating with the games going on. It appears to be a problem with the Microsoft security setup on the computer which means specialized help to fix it. Yuck!! :yell:thair:yell

Mary ~ reporting in with 29 solids and 46 bi-colors ~ the saltines for blocks 2,3, & 4 on my games project. Blocks 1,2,&3 are all put together already. Block 4 will get worked on tonight as I watch more of the Olympics.

I miss all of you dreadfully!!! :cry:cry

Linda! Oh how frustrating to have computer issues. We miss you. :manyheart

Great progress on your ghan! Squares are added.:hook

Shelly ~ Thanks for sharing such a heartfelt note. I think we sometimes get so busy with life, that things like this remind us of what is really important. :yes

Is everyone going to win a gold medal? :D

Shelly ~ Thanks for sharing such a heartfelt note. I think we sometimes get so busy with life, that things like this remind us of what is really important. :yes

But of course! I think I only have about 6 more squares to do, then put together the second lapghan and I'm done!

I really think everyone will :yes The progress the team is making is astounding :yay

Morning ladies :flower

Valerie - Have a great day :hug

Have a sick BD on my hands today. The biggest fight will be getting him to stay home and rest today. At least he went to the doctor yesterday. Sinus infection :( He needs to stay home and get some sleep but I'm doubting he will. Depends on how lousy he feels in about 10 minutes when I wake him up to ask him if he's gonna sleep :lol

Only 12 more blocks to make for my Games ghan then on to the border :hook

Go Team Sky Go :cheer :cheer

Howdy everyone :hi

Cathy those colors are going to look gorgeous.

Linda hope you get your internet fixed soon. :hug

Shelly what a beautiful note that was, thanks for sharing. :hug

I have half of my second block done. Tomorrow need to make more saltines.

Valerie - Have a great day :hug

Have a sick BD on my hands today. The biggest fight will be getting him to stay home and rest today. At least he went to the doctor yesterday. Sinus infection :( He needs to stay home and get some sleep but I'm doubting he will. Depends on how lousy he feels in about 10 minutes when I wake him up to ask him if he's gonna sleep :lol

Only 12 more blocks to make for my Games ghan then on to the border :hook

Sorry BD is not well. :hug I would just hide his car keys that way he would have to stay home. :D

12 more blocks easy peasy :cheer :cheer

Depends on how lousy he feels in about 10 minutes when I wake him up to ask him if he's gonna sleep :lol

:rofl

I think that came out wrong.... believe me I am sorry that BD is sick.. god knows I dont want a sick man around the house...

I was laughing about the "waking him up to see how long he was gona sleep"

I think that came out wrong.... believe me I am sorry that BD is sick.. god knows I dont want a sick man around the house...

I was laughing about the "waking him up to see how long he was gona sleep"

That's okay hon :hug I knew what you were laughing about :lol And he's gonna stay home :yay He really needs to :yes

Ok, here you go 2098141710057487835LimorO_th.jpg

I really like the patriotic colors. Looks great!

th_OhioStarVariant006.jpg

Lovely, Mary! Your version completely "sold" me on giving that Ohio Star a try in the future.

As always, a big Thank You to Cara for sharing her patterns. :manyheart

I second that motion. :hug Thank you, Cara.

Hi, Sunny. Hope the guys in your life are doing alright! You must have been terribly worried :worried. I'm with the other gals, and I wonder how you found time to crochet?...It was nice of you to check-in and let us know what is up with you. Hang in there.

hello all... I have #4 all joined I'm having a bit of a delema... I'm down to 2 small skeins of red ... I've been making the red solid and the red and white bi-colored at the same time... I'm hoping I have enough to do 2 more blocks ...that will be 48 solid and 48 bi-colored... I think I'm going to do just the red and red/white and see how many I can get... hopefully I can get enough for at least 2 more blocks... I'm going to have to try to match the red to go any farther...

Were you able to finish off the final blocks?

You're making great strides on your Games ghan, Cara. Hope you did not get grumped at too much when you played the role of the wake-up committee :lol

I am still joining the columns of Ducky, but it looks just as nice as I had hoped. Yaay, me :D I will get a photo up after I have the border finished. Last night, I tried my hand at making a purse for Mum. It worked up so quickly, and I love the Bernat Berella "4" I bought at Michael's last weekend. So pretty. I think the purse will be a good stocking stuffer this year.

:cheer A little cheer for all of the Games competitors. :cheer

Archived