Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Morning everyone,

Leslie I like the pattern you made. Oooh I like the Celtic one you have designed. and Aaaahhhh that one is nice too. What are you doing to us Leslie, not one but 3 designs. Well done. They are beautiful.:clap

Mary hope the weather isnt too bad for you.:hug

Cara I remember when we got our new washer, I couldnt wait to do a load and stood there and watched all the buttons light up as the cycle went along.:lol

Tracy poor casa in a bag somewhere, oh you have to ger her out, the poor afghan.:lol

Shelly I like your ATW, its very pretty.:clap

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John & Kim and I all got home about half an hour ago. They had a great time. And I got a lot of much needed rest. I went to Hobby Lobby this afternoon and got a book specifically for needle tatting. I found a lot of the same directions online but the pictures are much clearer in the book. It came with 4 more needles and a threader, too. I used a 40% off coupon which brought the price down to where I felt it should be in the beginning. Then went to Michaels'. They had some yarn on clearance that is 50% soy and 50% acrylic. It is soooooo soft. I fell in love with it and bought enough in soft blue, soft pink, and off white to make at least 4 or 5 preemie blankets. Then I bought 11 skeins of Bernat Barella "4" in burgundy that was on clearance for $1/skein. Then I used another 40% off coupon and got the book "Secrets to Drawing Realistic Faces" by Carrie Stuart Parks. Essentially, everything ended up being on sale. I saved $20 just on the two books. I don't know how much I saved on the yarn, but I know it's normally 2-3 times what I paid for it (or more), so I feel pretty good about my afternoon's purchases.:D

Leslie, those patterns are gorgeous! I particularly like the one in the browns and beiges.

We've had some beautiful snow this evening...only about 2 inches. It's supposed to be 50 tomorrow, so it obviously won't stay around long.

Daphne ~ The 'Ville is great for getting ideas and seeing new patterns, isn't it? I've learned so much here. :yes

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Shelly, that is a lovely ATW. I did one for the local VA hospital and forgot to get a picture. Maybe, I should go over with a camera and ask if I can photograph it. ;)

Good morning, all. We're getting the rain that you had yesterday, Mary. Thanks for saving some for us. It started clouding up last night and I woke to rain just a little bit ago. Looks like it's been coming down for a while and will continue for a while. A nice steady, soaking rain.

I don't recall ever seeing the soy yarn before, but it's beautifully soft. If it works up half as nice as I think it will, it's going to be great fun to work with. It was $1/2.5 ounce skein on clearance. I may have to go back and get some more if they haven't sold out.

Krystal - 8 bi-colors this evening.

Gotcha - you're getting close to moving up to 3rd place!

Howdy doody,

K - 15 solids thanks.

Gotcha, too.

Good morning, all. We're getting the rain that you had yesterday, Mary. Thanks for saving some for us. It started clouding up last night and I woke to rain just a little bit ago. Looks like it's been coming down for a while and will continue for a while. A nice steady, soaking rain.

I don't recall ever seeing the soy yarn before, but it's beautifully soft. If it works up half as nice as I think it will, it's going to be great fun to work with. It was $1/2.5 ounce skein on clearance. I may have to go back and get some more if they haven't sold out.

That's a great price for soy!

Good morning ladies :flower

It's a beautiful sunshiney day here in Central Texas :sun Colder than a well diggers elbow but lovely just the same :D Ran outta the off white yarn for the DS so I'm just gonna be making the other squares today and tomorrow until I can get to the store for more off white. Methinks I'm gonna have a mess of sewing to do this weekend :lol :lol

Good Morning, ladies. It's clear and sunny and all the snow is gone except in some flower beds. (My tulips are opening up!) It usually doesn't last long here.

Linda, I'm glad you're getting rain. :yes I haven't worked with the soy yarn, but sure have looked at it a lot - let us know what it's like!

Leslie ~ Another beautiful design! :yarn

Hi Cara. :manyheart

Today is Happy Housewife Day - my intentions are always good, anyway. :lol

Good morning Mary :hug We didn't get any snow at all. No ice either it seems, thank goodness :D Rain I can live with. I did Happy Housewife yesterday. Today I shall be Lily Layabout :devil

uhmmmm... what is frogging?

These Bi color squares are killing me. It takes me forever to make one.

Rainy and temp dropping here but in Alabama we think 50 is cold.

Take care!

Cara (AKA Lily) ~ So glad you found the yarn in your stash. :yarn

Daphne, the bi-colors will get easier the more you make...I promise! ;)

Hi Miss Tracy. What are you working on now?

Okay, enough cleaning and laundry. It's never ending and I'm ready for some time with my hook. :hook

Morning everyone,

Its :hot here and it will be until at least next tuesday.

Leslie I like the red one, very nice and I also like that there arent many bicolors in there too.

Cara thats great that you found some more yarn. More hooking for you to do.:D

Linda cant wait to see what you make with the soy yarn.

Archived