Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leslie, I'm definitely not techie and there may be an easier way...hope this makes sense. :)

In Photobucket - 1. Check the picture you want to post 2. Click the "generate HTML and Image Code" button at the bottom of that page 3. Highlight the box called "IMG clickable thumbnails" 4. Edit-Copy or sometimes it will say "copied" by the box you highlighted 5. Then go to the 'Ville and open a post and go to Edit-Paste. It will show up as the picture when you preview the post.

Thanks, Krystal. I remember how long it took me to figure that out when I got my digital camera. :lol

Wendy, your picture ghan is wonderful. :yay

Cara~Good luck with the Desert Star colors! Can't wait to see what you've decided to use. :crocheting

Leslie - do you know how much yarn each cat takes? Let's see... if Cara says a skein of yarn will make up to 50 (did I get that right?) squares, I'll say it's more like 45. The big cats are 17 squares (including bicolors), so a little more than 1/3 of a skein. That would be about 3 oz, right? I might have to use your cat for a scrap-ghan. I don't like cats, but I"m sure someone would love the afghan.

I found out that our post office put a self-serve spot in the foyer. It has a postal scale as the first step, so I walk in, throw my yarn on the self-serve scale and weigh it! I don't think I've been spotted yet, but could you imagine what it looks like if I'm on a security camera??? :lol :lol

Leslie - do you know how much yarn each cat takes? Let's see... if Cara says a skein of yarn will make up to 50 (did I get that right?) squares, I'll say it's more like 45. The big cats are 17 squares (including bicolors), so a little more than 1/3 of a skein. That would be about 3 oz, right? I might have to use your cat for a scrap-ghan. I don't like cats, but I"m sure someone would love the afghan.

I found out that our post office put a self-serve spot in the foyer. It has a postal scale as the first step, so I walk in, throw my yarn on the self-serve scale and weigh it! I don't think I've been spotted yet, but could you imagine what it looks like if I'm on a security camera??? :lol :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Morning everyone,

Im sitting here reading the posts while I eat my bacon and eggs on toast for breakfast. yummo.

Thanks so much for your compliments, Im glad you all like the dolphin ghan. Now I have to trace a whale and maybe a seahorse not sure. I reckon I could do the seahorse in one color varigated of brown and white and have to see if I have any.

Leslie I love that kitty ghan, that has to go on my to do list.

Cara cant wait to see how the desert star will turn out. Goodluck and I cant wait to see the finished product next friday.:D

Urghhh!!! I posted earlier today, but my connection timed out so cyberspace ate it.

Good afternoon. It's chilly and overcast here today.

I had a haircut and my nails done this afternoon for a party tonight. Will put together a casserole to take after a bit.

I was crocheting squares for another preemie afghan in pink, blue, and white, but using a bit darker shade of blue and pink than the last one. Guess what? I ran out of the blue with four squares to go. Now it's either get more yarn or switch blues. Dither, dither.

Leslie, I really like you your cat pattern and your progress on it is great.

Wendy, I especially like your dolphin. Your afghan will be well worth all the effort you're putting into it.

Linda howdy. thanks so much, yes the dolphin certainly was a challenge but I really like it. Its a pain when it times out after you have written what you want to say.

Have a nice time at the party tonight. Oh dear running out of yarn with 4 squares to go. Seems silly to go buy yarn for 4 squares unless you intend to use the rest for something else. Is there anyway you can put in 4 squares of the other colors.

Evening all :yawn

Ever take a nap and wake up exhausted? :lol Fell like I ran a marathon. Should've just stayed up :lol

Wendy - Mmm, bacon and eggs on toast. I love breakfast the most :yes Next Friday? Oh you are a funny cheeky monkey :lol

Linda - Have fun at your party tonight :hug

Well, once I get rid of the bigger headache than the one I layed down to rid myself of I'll be back to squares.

WOW this is a FAST movin' thread! LOL! My almost 2yod and I really, really enjoyed lookin' at all the toys on the site together yesterday~only I wanna make the cat's dress in a 2T or 3T! LOL! I DO NOT like stuffed animals, and I found that I simply fell in love with them all anyway!

I haven't gotten my yarn for the Jasie Baby blanket yet, but I did visit a LYS here for the first time. It was sooo lovely and had only natural yarns. I'm not one to spend that much, but I only needed one skein to make a beret for a gift, so it was a kinda fun splurge. $8 for a gift isn't so bad!

Anyway, just checkin' in and enjoying the beautiful ghans y'all are doin'! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I worked on whipstitching my squares together today and got half way done with one block. I think I'm really slow:lol Anyway, I've really enjoyed reading the board today. It's been a pretty quiet day (good for whipstitching). My husband has been out geocaching so I was here alone with the tv, housework (that did not get done) and a bunch of yarn and little squares.

Wow, thanks for all the kind remarks. :2blush I am plugging away. :sweatI probably won't get much done this weekend. I just got home from work and don't think I have the energy to dig it out. I work all day tomorrow, so, Monday I will be back at it.

Mary that made perfect sense. When I have more energy I'm going to give it a try.

Krystal, 3 oz. is about right. I work very loosely and that is about what it took me. It does make a great scrapghan. That is what I am using it for. I do have to say that sewing things together is not my favorite thing. That's why I started working in blocks. I figure if I did all the squares without sewing any together I'd never get it done. N ow that I have it out again I'm kinda eager to see how it comes out.

I work at AC Moore so the temptations are terrible. We have a Moonlight Madness going on tomorrow so I'll probably stock up on more yarn. Just what I need. :rolleyes

I work at AC Moore so the temptations are terrible. We have a Moonlight Madness going on tomorrow so I'll probably stock up on more yarn. Just what I need. :rolleyes

Oh you lucky ducky you!! I'd always be broke though :lol That must be some sale y'all are having. I ended up on the mailing list somehow (even though we have no AC Moore) and I've gotten four emails today about the sale :yes

Morning all.

I haven't worked on my Casa all week. :( Got so much to do, I am going to give up sleep. Who would've thought you would have less time to do things when you don't work anymore? :D This is so much fun, though. All day :crocheting. DD is working on a blanket, she is getting good and taught herself how to crochet side to side instead of a square. :yay

. That is what I am using it for. I do have to say that sewing things together is not my favorite thing. That's why I started working in blocks. I figure if I did all the squares without sewing any together I'd never get it done.

That's why I ended up never finishing one:(

...and I told Phil (DH) yesterday as we drove back from Borders that there are 2 places he never wants to see me work for: a book store or a store that sells yarn.

He'd never see me bring home a paycheck:lol:lol

Archived