Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, I just noticed in your siggy line...you crossed off organizing your room!:clap...though I'm sure you x-ed it off a bit ago and I'm JUST seeing it:blush

Basically a quilt using the Spool pattern with some adjustment. Calling it Ribbons & Bows :D I'd put up a chart but I haven't quite figured out how I want to lay it out yet.

That sounds very interesting. I can't wait to see what you get figured out.

K - 20 solids for me today thanks.

Got it - that moves you back into 2nd place!!! :clap

As for cold vs. allergy?

Usually with an allergy, something itches - tip of your nose or the skin on your face, or your eyes. Sometimes it's your throat. Not everyone is like this, though. Sinus pressure can still be allergies, because your sinuses can still be plugged. Throats can still be sore with allergies, too - due to post-nasal gunk.

For me, if I take an antihistamine and my symptoms go away, it's allergies. An antihistamine won't work on a cold for me. I'm not sure if it's that way with all people, though.

Good Morning, Ladies. For those of you with the cold and snow - stay warm and safe. Even though I was raised in Iowa, I've been in Texas since high school and don't know if I could deal with the bad winters anymore. :wbrr

I'm staying home today and playing housewife and office manager. :) I should be able to crochet later, too. :crocheting

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Glad you went home and got some rest. Nope, I think soggy saltines would be bad :yuck

Tracy - Hope DD isn't getting sick, too. This time of year is awful for that. :(

K - Hmmm, good points. I was thinking my sinuses were acting up last night but I'll bet it was allergies because my face was itching something fierce! But I already take antihistamine every day. Of course, she did tell me I could take two if it's bad one day.

Judy - Yep got to cross that goal off! :yay Don't feel bad it was just last Thursday :lol

Mary - I'm gonna be playing housewife part of the day but for the most part I think I'll be the Mad Crocheter :hook

For me, if I take an antihistamine and my symptoms go away, it's allergies. An antihistamine won't work on a cold for me. I'm not sure if it's that way with all people, though.

That's how it is for me....even Phil finally realizes that cold pills don't work for me at all.

I got 3 solid squares done last night.

Wendy - I suffer from allergies all the time. I have found the surefire way to tell if it's allergy or cold - if you take an allergy/sinus tablet and you're not completely stuffy-free and feeling great, then it's a cold. With a cold, you'll still have that clogged head feeling even though you take medication for it.

Hi all

I want to do a round ripple in peach colours I was thinking of maybe 4 different shades. Should I put another colour with and do I start with dark to light or go light to dark.:think

Tracy your location, I have always said that you in a world of your own but why does everyone know you?:)

Pork chops and oven chips are in the oven, green beans are steaming away, almost supper time and DD is already complaining about the greens!! :angry

I'll have her portion then :D That sounds great to me :yes

Are oven chips what we call FRENCH FRIES??

If it were anything but pork chops, I'd be there, too.

I'm not sure. :think What we call french fries are those skinny chips from McDonalds and normal chips are the thicker cut ones. I use oven chips cos they are parcooked and supposed to be healthier than cooking them in oil (still not healthy, but have to have a treat sometimes). We had steak cut style oven chips tonight. :D

Hello out there. I'm a newbie here - to this CAL at least - although I know some of you from around the 'ville. I've just started a new project (I literally just started working on it a couple hours ago) which is made up of "many thousands" of saltines and I heard about a saltine smackdown going on over here.

From what I've been able to gather, I'm about a month late getting in on this, but what the heck, if you'll have me, it might be fun, and a way to stay motivated. Here's what I'm working on...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/2263572978/

Pretty simple, so I think I can handle it.

Hi Barb :hi Of course we'll have you. Everyone's welcome here. Especially old friends like you :manyheart That's a great pattern to do. I've seen that one before and admired it a lot. Welcome to the wonderful world of saltines :hook

Hi all

I want to do a round ripple in peach colours I was thinking of maybe 4 different shades. Should I put another colour with and do I start with dark to light or go light to dark.:think

Tracy your location, I have always said that you in a world of your own but why does everyone know you?:)

Hi Denise. I think Linda, Judy, and others are the experts on RRs. I'll bet they'll be here with some ideas. :crocheting

I'm not sure. :think What we call french fries are those skinny chips from McDonalds and normal chips are the thicker cut ones. I use oven chips cos they are parcooked and supposed to be healthier than cooking them in oil (still not healthy, but have to have a treat sometimes). We had steak cut style oven chips tonight. :D

We call ALL of them french fries, although there are waffle fries, steak fries, curly fries, etc....

Hello out there. I'm a newbie here - to this CAL at least - although I know some of you from around the 'ville. I've just started a new project (I literally just started working on it a couple hours ago) which is made up of "many thousands" of saltines and I heard about a saltine smackdown going on over here.

From what I've been able to gather, I'm about a month late getting in on this, but what the heck, if you'll have me, it might be fun, and a way to stay motivated. Here's what I'm working on...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/2263572978/

Pretty simple, so I think I can handle it.

Barb - just post every day or every week how many saltines (squares) you've made. Break them down by single color, bicolor, three color, etc. (There are different points for each). I am the scorekeeper, so PLEASE indicate that you are talking to me when posting, like this:

K - 12 saltines today

:D

Morning everyone, I still feel yucky so Im not going into work today.

Barbara welcome to the group, that looks like a great pattern.

Denise howdy. Your round ripple is going to be awesome and you can the blending either way from light to dark or dark to light.

Archived